TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 29 2013, 03:21 AM   #136
Christopher
Writer

Re: Lost Girl Season 3

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
But, ultimately, I think it's a combination of acting, lighting, and make-up that give Bo that final WOW factor that pushes her into the stratosphere.
Don't forget costuming. Her wardrobe tends to push certain things up too.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2013, 11:10 PM   #137
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Did I miss something?

Who's death was Dyson investigating? The missing Twin? The guy from the premiere that we thought Bo kissed succubuskissed to death?

Did like the "wanderer" music playing in the background, when they were asking who's behind everything.

Did like seeing Kenzi & Bo, "back together" again.

Didn't like seeing Hale go so "Ashy" without explaining things to Lauren.

Is that guy she ran off with dark fae or just dark human. (he has to be dark "something". )

Liked how wrecked Tamsin seemed, after "betraying" Bo in the last ep and (maybe??) losing Linda Hamilton in the process(isn't that character supposed to be a relative? )
Old April 3 2013, 03:29 AM   #138
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

I never noticed Anna Silk's beak nose before. I paid attention this time. They don't shoot her from that angle very much but it's definitely there. I find it adorable, if only because I have the exact same nose!
Old April 3 2013, 03:49 AM   #139
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

You understand that be "deformity" that I meant a third arm or red hair?

This heckling is baseless.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 04:39 AM   #140
JD
Admiral

I thought this was a pretty good episode. It was fun seeing Bo and Kenzi investigating a stand alone case again. We also got some pretty good movement on the Bo/Lauren relationship arc, on the Tamsin arc and they appear to be setting up a big bad for the end of the season. I'm wondering if we will get to meet Bo's dad before the end of the season? They suddenly keep bringing him up, and I find it hard to believe they would do that if they didn't have something planned for him.
Old April 3 2013, 09:24 AM   #141
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I suspect he is involved with that creepy mass grave somehow.

The standalone case was good-- both amusing and tragic. The goofy suburban housewives were funny, but I felt sorry for the eternally adolescent Fae who just wanted a mercy killing.

I've been hoping that Hale would return, but that was definitely not what I wanted to see.
Old April 3 2013, 09:30 AM   #142
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Was he away filming Saving Hope?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 06:07 PM   #143
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post

Relax. I'm the one first mentioned the beak nose back when. You share no guilt.

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 07:11 AM   #144
JD
Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I suspect he is involved with that creepy mass grave somehow.

The standalone case was good-- both amusing and tragic. The goofy suburban housewives were funny, but I felt sorry for the eternally adolescent Fae who just wanted a mercy killing.

I've been hoping that Hale would return, but that was definitely not what I wanted to see.
Yeah, it was kinda sad seeing what being Ash has done to Hale.
Old April 7 2013, 11:23 PM   #145
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post

"Baseless? THIS IS THE INTERNET!"
Old April 12 2013, 03:27 AM   #146
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

I've been re-watching early Season 2. Bo's attempts to win back Dyson remind me of my equally unsuccessful attempts to persuade my friends to watch Lost Girl.
"I've gotten as far as cleavage."
"Honey, that's further than some of us ever get."

Actually, now that I think about it, what's the deal with Bo never lifting a finger to actually get Dyson back?! I mean, it's not like it was a big secret what happened to him. Dyson told her what the Norn did. But it took Kenzi to think of the chainsaw option while Bo spent most of the season moping and subconsciously blaming Dyson. But, I suppose this is like Angel's gypsy curse on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's not supposed to make literal sense. It's just a metaphor for the guy that randomly doesn't like you anymore.
Old April 12 2013, 06:59 PM   #147
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

...Actually, now that I think about it, what's the deal with Bo never lifting a finger to actually get Dyson back?! I mean, it's not like it was a big secret what happened to him. Dyson told her what the Norn did. But it took Kenzi to think of the chainsaw option while Bo spent most of the season moping and subconsciously blaming Dyson...

Get him back from what?

Bo didn't know that Dyson "couldn't" love any more, just that he "didn't" love her anymore so she moved on with Lauren.

IIRC, even by the beginning of season 3 Bo didn't know why Kenzi went to visit the Norn.

Now... once she discovers what Dyson gave up for her, she's in a fuddle. Go back to Dyson because he loved her... or stay with Lauren because she loves her.

Either way, someone Bo loves, who loves Bo, is going to get their heart broken.
Old April 13 2013, 05:08 PM   #148
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
...Actually, now that I think about it, what's the deal with Bo never lifting a finger to actually get Dyson back?! I mean, it's not like it was a big secret what happened to him. Dyson told her what the Norn did. But it took Kenzi to think of the chainsaw option while Bo spent most of the season moping and subconsciously blaming Dyson...

Get him back from what?

Bo didn't know that Dyson "couldn't" love any more, just that he "didn't" love her anymore so she moved on with Lauren.

IIRC, even by the beginning of season 3 Bo didn't know why Kenzi went to visit the Norn.

Now... once she discovers what Dyson gave up for her, she's in a fuddle. Go back to Dyson because he loved her... or stay with Lauren because she loves her.

I pick Dyson. I don't hate him, I just like Lauren more...

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 05:38 PM   #149
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Admiral2 wrote: View Post

Get him back from what?

I pick Dyson. I don't hate him, I just like Lauren more...
Dyson has had me ever since the cheesy "Wolves mate for life" line in season 1.
Old April 13 2013, 10:48 PM   #150
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Get him back from what?

Bo did so know that Dyson couldn't love any more. At least, she should have. Dyson tried to make that quite clear in "Something Wicked This Fae Comes" & "I Fought the Fae (and the Fae Won)." It's not that he wanted to stop loving her. His emotions were mystically taken from him. Her attempts at seducing him back were doomed to fail. The problem was mystical. What she needed to do was at least ask Trick if he knew anything about a mystical cure.

I would have appreciated even a token scene of her asking Trick about it and Trick either being evasive or brusquely telling Bo that the Norn is dangerous and she should leave it alone.

I'm just not sure whether Bo's lack of action on this front comes from ambivalence regarding her feelings for Dyson or one of those moments where she's just being kinda dumb. (Much as I love Bo and as much as I think she's a bastion of humanity, she can just be infuriatingly dumb at times.)

And whenever I see Bo & Lauren being romantic, I just feel like the two of them are speaking a different language. As nice as she is, Lauren feels like she doesn't fit in with the rest of the group. To make another Buffy comparison, she's the Riley Finn of the group.