Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old April 11 2013, 04:14 PM   #31
calamity_si
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Should I give Enterprise another chance?

Well I'm actually in the same boat here, but due to my obviously inferior attention span, I didn't even make it past Season 1. I just thought it was a very poor re-hashing of the same stuff we'd had in the past. Then 'In the Mirror Darkly' came on and I was totally blown away! Yet it just wasn't quite enough to get back fully back into the series, let alone convince me to go back and trawl through all the first and second seasons.

However, now that I've mellowed a bit too (and all the grey hairs are starting to poke through), I too am considering going back to to 'Prise'. Doug Drexler is actually trying to launch a 5th series comissioned by getting everyone to tune in to 'Prise' on Netflix. He's got a Faceache page about it and everything! I think now that more and more programs are getting a 'second life' online, this truly is the time to trek back to the future!
Old April 11 2013, 04:35 PM   #32
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

R. Star wrote: View Post
OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Use of Time wrote: View Post

What the hell does that even mean?
Did you watch the opening credits? Every Star Trek series had Star Trek in the title. Beginning with the Next Generation right up through and including Voyager, it was Star Trek: followed by the subtitle.

Except Enterprise. Even Paramount acknowledged Enterprise isn't Star Trek. Make of that whatever you will.
You obviously didn't watch seasons 3-4.
Too little, too late. And really, what does it matter? The fact is, it was the first series - legitimately Star Trek or otherwise - to be cancelled since TNG hit the airwaves in 1987. There just weren't enough people willing to watch the drivel they were serving.

I mean, it's fine if you're a fan. That's great. I'd rather have a script written via a keyboard. I'm pretty sure Enterprise's scripts were written in crayon.
Old April 11 2013, 05:03 PM   #33
Use of Time
Commodore

Did you watch the opening credits? Every Star Trek series had Star Trek in the title. Beginning with the Next Generation right up through and including Voyager, it was Star Trek: followed by the subtitle.

Except Enterprise. Even Paramount acknowledged Enterprise isn't Star Trek. Make of that whatever you will.
Too little, too late. And really, what does it matter? The fact is, it was the first series - legitimately Star Trek or otherwise - to be cancelled since TNG hit the airwaves in 1987. There just weren't enough people willing to watch the drivel they were serving.

I mean, it's fine if you're a fan. That's great. I'd rather have a script written via a keyboard. I'm pretty sure Enterprise's scripts were written in crayon.
Haha, I guess I was searching for a deeper meaning of "its not Star Trek" than the actual phrase being listed in the opening credits. Do you actually have any opinions that aren't these wonderfully broad generalizations about nothing?

Anyway, this pretty much makes my point of why the OP should just watch the show in a vacuum and stay out of the boards until you are done.
Old April 11 2013, 05:59 PM   #34
R. Star
Rear Admiral

So now you're changing your argument? You don't like Enterprise, that's fine... but if you're going to preach about it at least get some consistent reasoning behind it. You haven't posted anything more articulate than to insult it and say it's not "real Star Trek" whatever that means.
Old April 11 2013, 06:25 PM   #35
Use of Time
Commodore

I think you posting that picture of the opening credits has him scrambling to save face now, hence the irrational comparisons to Twilight, etc. It is a temper tantrum, nothing more, nothing less.
Old April 11 2013, 06:33 PM   #36
calamity_si
Lieutenant Commander

And soooo back on topic...
Old April 11 2013, 06:44 PM   #37
Use of Time
Commodore

Hey, we are following the natural flow of conversation here that is bound to crop up in a thread like this. If you want to advance the topic, please do so. If not, we have mods to step in when things get out of line.
Old April 11 2013, 06:44 PM   #38
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

I think you posting that picture of the opening credits has him scrambling to save face now, hence the irrational comparisons to Twilight, etc. It is a temper tantrum, nothing more, nothing less.

Since the picture was post number 30, and my mention of Twilight was in post 27, your whole point has fallen flat on its face. Unless you think 30 comes before 27 somehow?

There are many reasons to not care for Enterprise. Why limit it to one?

Bad writing. Terrible acting. The theme song. Its fucked up timeline. Ferengi. A ship that is supposedly 100 years before the TOS Enterprise, yet looks far more advanced. Future Guy. A Night in Sickbay.

If you can overlook the numerous failings of the show, good for you. My opinion is that is a failure start to finish.
Old April 11 2013, 06:46 PM   #39
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Any time you watch any television program more than once, you're giving that show another chance. And a person should always be willing to rethink things, whether it's "which shoe should I put on first today", or "should I never drink orange vodka again because I threw up that first time?".
Old April 11 2013, 06:56 PM   #40
Use of Time
Commodore

Since the picture was post number 30, and my mention of Twilight was in post 27, your whole point has fallen flat on its face. Unless you think 30 comes before 27 somehow?

There are many reasons to not care for Enterprise. Why limit it to one?

Bad writing. Terrible acting. The theme song. Its fucked up timeline. Ferengi. A ship that is supposedly 100 years before the TOS Enterprise, yet looks far more advanced. Future Guy. A Night in Sickbay.

If you can overlook the numerous failings of the show, good for you. My opinion is that is a failure start to finish.
Look up, you might see the point sailing way over your head...nope too late. Again, nothing but generalizations without anything specific to point out. You cherry picked what is notoriously bad but fail to address the countless things Enterprise did well. The Xindi arc, the Vulcan awakening arc, the augments and the Terra Prime movement.

A Night in Sickbay and the "Ferengi" make up about 2% of the entire series. I shouldn't have to explain why the Enterprise in 2004 looks more advanced than the one depicted in the late 1960's. Hell the Enterprise that is at port in my hometown looks more advanced than Kirk's Enterprise. The rest of your points are your garden variety generalizations without substance.
Old April 11 2013, 07:29 PM   #41
Melakon
Vice Admiral

edit: Never mind, I misspoke.

* exit, stage left! *

Last edited by Melakon; April 11 2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old April 11 2013, 09:58 PM   #42
USS Firefly
Commander

Hell the Enterprise that is at port in my hometown looks more advanced than Kirk's Enterprise.
You have a Enterprise in your town?
Old April 12 2013, 12:19 AM   #43
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Melakon wrote: View Post
"should I never drink orange vodka again because I threw up that first time?".
That is perhaps the best metaphor I've heard concerning Enterprise.
Old April 12 2013, 01:00 AM   #44
Ryva Brall
Commander

No spoilers past season two in my thread, if you please. Also, no bickering, and no references to Twilight or 50 Shades of Grey. I just ate. Thank you!
Old April 12 2013, 02:38 AM   #45
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

But Twilight is an ENT ep and a big complaint from the Hilton-D loving folk is that the ship is way too grey. And dark. Also, gel rubbing.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Closed Thread