Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 3 2013, 06:48 AM   #16
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Re: Batman: Arkham 3

Timby wrote: View Post
I'm just saying that it's a meaningless statement. No shit, we'll wait and see, because we don't know a single thing about the game. It's like saying "XYZ could be good, if they do it right." Again, no shit.
Yes, no shit it's a meaningless statement. Everyone knows it was a meaningless statement that was only intended to carry on a conversation. In fact, your post pointing it out is even more meaningless, so ... yeah. Take that!

Man, Batman is cool. Like really fucking cool. Hopefully they don't pawn this franchise off to some crappy developer and ruin the franchise like they ruined my beloved Spyro. Poor, poor Spyro.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2013, 02:21 PM   #17
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

I'm guessing that since the first we heard of it was on an investor conference call and its due this year, it's probably going to be a launch title for the next gen consoles released later this year as well.

I'm sorry this disturbs some, but if this game had the same development team as the previous Arkham titles, I wouldn't need know more about the game to know that I'd be buying it on day one. I have complete faith in Rocksteady Studios. Now that I hear this may not be the case, well yeah... Now I'll wait and see.
AlphaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 02:34 AM   #18
Lowdarzz
Captain

I'm hoping for good things though the possibility that Rocksteady and Paul Dini won't be involved does put a damper on my enthusiasm. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are the best games I've bought in years. They both have great stories, great gameplay mechanics and are totally immersive.

Even without Dini or Rocksteady, Kevin Conroy must be brought back. He is Batman.
Lowdarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 01:19 AM   #19
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Lowdarzz wrote: View Post
Even without Dini or Rocksteady, Kevin Conroy must be brought back. He is Batman.
What, no love for Adam West?
Old March 6 2013, 11:28 PM   #20
Lowdarzz
Captain

Beyond the 1966 film, I've only seen a couple of episodes of the Batman television series. The 90's animated series has been my favorite incarnation of the character and I'm glad Rocksteady brought back Conroy, Hamill and Dini.

That said, should Rocksteady create the silver age Batman game that's rumored, West would likely be good since he did a great job in the B:TAS episode Beware the Grey Ghost.
Lowdarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 05:15 PM   #21
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Details on the new Arkham title have been announced: Batman: Arkham Origins is out October 25th for PC, PS3, 360, and Wii U. As rumored, it's a prequel featuring a young Batman, and Rocksteady is not developing it; the game is being developed in-house at WB Montreal, using Rocksteady's assets to avoid aesthetic discrepancies. There's a handheld tie-in, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, a follow-up to the main game, releasing for Vita and 3DS also on October 25th. More info here.
Old April 9 2013, 06:15 PM   #22
RoJoHen
Awesome

Bummer. I was not wanting a prequel. Arkham City set things up for sequel set in Gotham, and I was looking forward to the continuation of that story.
Old April 9 2013, 06:31 PM   #23
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

This brings up some questions

-The gadgets will probably be a bit outdated since it's in the past

-No robin.

-There weren't any driving levels in the previous games and there probably won't be a batmobile

Maybe they can take a page from "Batman Year One" and have Batman steal a bike for one level.

-Will Conroy provide the voice of a young bruce?

-Instead of Riddler trophies they should have "Batcave trophies" to build up the batcave trophy room

Have one level where you get the dinosaur and giant penny

Skins- Adam West batman and golden age Batman
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 06:53 PM   #24
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Bummer. I was not wanting a prequel. Arkham City set things up for sequel set in Gotham, and I was looking forward to the continuation of that story.
It's quite possible that Rocksteady is working on an Arkham City sequel but that WB has decided to align development towards the next-generation consoles, which is why Origins was handed off to WB Montreal.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 06:55 PM   #25
RoJoHen
Awesome

Well, that's been something I've wondered about as well. There has been talk about a Silver Age prequel Batman game, and there has also been talk about an Arkham City sequel. The last report I read said they were NOT the same game.

So I guess we'll see what happens.
Old April 9 2013, 07:05 PM   #26
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Timby wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
It's quite possible that Rocksteady is working on an Arkham City sequel but that WB has decided to align development towards the next-generation consoles, which is why Origins was handed off to WB Montreal.
So basically what they did with the Destroy All Humans games, which makes me wonder if Conroy might not be in this one becuase he might be working on the Arkham City sequel.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 02:33 AM   #27
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

I'm intrigued at this point. The fact that they are using Rocksteady assets is encouraging, but I'm afraid that the secret sauce may be missing. The Arkham titles had a way if making you feel like Batman. They gave you the tools to look at a room of 6 armed guards, 2 with shields and 6 other armed goons and say to yourself "I got this. I'm Batman!" and you'd jump in. If you failed, it wasn't some cheap video game controller lag problem, but more than likely, you let Batman down. That's what I loved about the Arkham titles. The empowerment. I'm not sure about this one just yet, but I'm intrigued.
AlphaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 11:36 AM   #28
Infern0
Captain

It's a shame there's no rocksteady but I for one am going to give the crew at WB a chance here.

Halo 4 was a great game without bungie, and Fallout New Vegas a great game without Bethesda.

As long as they have a talented bunch of guys who "get" what rocksteady did there is no reason this can't be a great game.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2013, 02:07 AM   #29
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Saw a couple articles that indicated Rocksteady would assist if needed (idea-wise was implied) and that WB would be using the same engine. I'm in.
Old April 11 2013, 03:13 AM   #30
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Corran Horn wrote: View Post
Saw a couple articles that indicated Rocksteady would assist if needed (idea-wise was implied) and that WB would be using the same engine. I'm in.
It's confirmed that WB Montreal is using the same assets as Arkham Asylum / City, so presumably the same engine (which is just a very heavily modded Unreal Engine 3), but any rumors that Rocksteady is assisting ... yeah, those are merely rumors. Rocksteady went into complete radio silence after Arkham City's release, so it's anybody's guess as to what in the world they're working on. It's a small studio, they don't really have the bandwidth to be switching employees between projects for "assistance."
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote