TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old April 9 2013, 11:11 PM   #76
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

Re: F1 2013 Championship

MacLeod wrote: View Post
^That could be one of the pit falls of screwing over your team mate, when you've been told to hold station. If you need them later in the season to keep a title rival behind them, it would be very easy for them to go to wide on a corner and let your rival through. Webber doesn't appear to be a driver that would do that however.
I don't know; he looked more distraught than I've seen him before, so he may finally have snapped in that regard. In any event, it's probably been a blessing that they've had a few weeks between races to let everything cool down a bit.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out in China this weekend.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 11:56 PM   #77
MacLeod
Admiral

Perhaps as you say he might realise he has crossed a line. And his actions didn't exactly garner him good PR nor the team good PR.

But incidents of crossing the line have occured throught the years of F1 and will no doubt happen again.

Prost/Senna taking each off.
Schumacher taking out Hill to win the Championship and remember in 97(?) schumacher lost all his points for that season for side swiping Villeneuve
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 08:06 PM   #78
Pingfah
Admiral

Well, after an absolute nighttime thriller in MotoGP last weekend, I can't wait for Sunday. This is the race I most look forward to each year for me.
Old April 10 2013, 08:18 PM   #79
ITElf
Vice Admiral

The MotoGP race was excellent. Rossi's back!
Old April 10 2013, 08:45 PM   #80
Pingfah
Admiral

I know, it was fantastic wasn't it. Looked sketchy around qualifying, but what a race.
Old April 10 2013, 09:02 PM   #81
ITElf
Vice Admiral

Yep. Rossi could have challenged for the lead if it wasn't for his early mistake, but his charge up to second was the Rossi of old. I was impressed with Marquez - more of that from him to come, I'd say - and it's always nice to see Pedrosa spanked by a team mate. That came out wrong...

I dare say the Hondas will have the edge at some tracks, but it should be a good season all round. And hopefully Cal will score some good points.

Sorry for the derail, F1 aficionados.
Old April 12 2013, 06:43 AM   #82
Grumpy Grinch
Rear Admiral

Not 2013 F! but,
As a NASCAR Fan I may go watch this.

Olivia Wilde Co-Stars.
Old April 13 2013, 10:27 AM   #83
MacLeod
Admiral

Well we certainly have an interesting grid for tomorrows GP. Well done on Hamiliton getting pole. But the star has to be Riccardo getting the Torro into the the top 10.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old April 21 2013, 11:24 AM   #84
MacLeod
Admiral

Well Mercedes have made it two Poles in a row, but I think they still lack race pace.

Though if I were McLaren I would be hoping that the updates panned for when the European season work. Barely scrapping into the top 10, and would have been outside had Grosjean not made a mistake on his lap.

Force India did well to get both cars into the top 10 shootout, and perhaps they might be breaking away from the mid-field slightly as this point in the season. So they might be a strong contender for fifth in the Constructors Championship.
Old April 21 2013, 03:46 PM   #85
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Totally undeserved win for Finger.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Geckothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 03:50 PM   #86
ITElf
Vice Admiral

Shame that Alonso's DRS went all kerfluey. Glad that Lewis got some points and that Kimi got a podium.
Old April 21 2013, 04:11 PM   #87
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Exactly. Alonso should have been up there giving Fingerboy a challenge. Completely ruined the race, really.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old April 21 2013, 04:59 PM   #88
MacLeod
Admiral

Still plenty of action during the race. Though you wonder what might have been had Alonso not had the DRS failure. Still Di Resta did well to come fourth and Lewis to get fifth, and Alonso did well toi finish where he did despire being handicapped by having no DRS. So once again both LH and FA show why they are considered amongest the best drivers on the grid.
Old April 21 2013, 05:14 PM   #89
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Don't forget Kimi! He had a cracking race. Grosjean as well.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old April 21 2013, 05:43 PM   #90
MacLeod
Admiral

Not saying that didn't have a good race, but when you have one of the better cars on the grid you are expected to finish high.