RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,699
Members: 24,831
Currently online: 532
Newest member: Edtrecke

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 7 2013, 03:52 PM   #196
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Dallas - Season 2

Four, actually; they're doubling up tomorrow and next Monday. I'll be interested to see if this bumps up the ratings by turning both weeks into "event" viewing, or simply burns off the remainder of the season. The ratings seem to have reached a stable level across the season (the bump for "J.R.'s Masterpiece" not withstanding), and are higher than freshman follow-on Monday Mornings.

One final thought about whether or not Pam is going to reappear: if Victoria Principal does come back, I really hope they have the good sense not to list her in the guest stars at the beginning of the episode. They did that with Ken Kercheval in last season's finale, and it totally spoiled the big reveal on who Pamela/Rebecca really is by virtue of him not having appeared in the entire episode, yet he was listed in the guest cast. As soon as the hatch opened on that plane, I knew Cliff was going to be the one to step off.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 03:16 AM   #197
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

It's getting interesting. Mrs. Pamela Rebecca Ewing (again).
Ar-Pharazon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 03:23 AM   #198
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

That last shot of Bobby striding out of the Ewing Energies offices after giving Cliff the keys... good stuff.
Old April 9 2013, 03:23 PM   #199
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

I love those two together. And I love what they are doing with Emma and how all the plot lines are coming together.

Bobby and Elaina are doomed though.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 03:40 PM   #200
ssosmcin
Rear Admiral

Do you mean Christopher?

The John Ross and Pamela thing was a hell of a twist I should have seen coming but didn't. It was so "Dallas." Well, later Dallas, like season 10.
Old April 9 2013, 04:30 PM   #201
wissaboo
Captain

oops yup. sorry lol
Old April 9 2013, 06:04 PM   #202
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
That last shot of Bobby striding out of the Ewing Energies offices after giving Cliff the keys... good stuff.
Awesome stuff. That little grin Bobby was sporting had just the right amount of "neener, neener, neener" to it.

And John Ross and PamBecca at the altar in a quickie wedding was the scene of both shows.

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 07:48 PM   #203
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
Awesome stuff. That little grin Bobby was sporting had just the right amount of "neener, neener, neener" to it.

And John Ross and PamBecca at the altar in a quickie wedding was the scene of both shows.
Business or not, J.R. is spinning in his grave at his son marrying the daughter of his greatest enemy. They're the Romeo and Juliet of evil.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 09:58 PM   #204
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Business or not, J.R. is spinning in his grave at his son marrying the daughter of his greatest enemy. They're the Romeo and Juliet of evil.
Unless he'd be overjoyed by the thought of what said marriage will do to Cliff. I knew the writers weren't going to keep Pamela in the dark about what her father had done for much longer, and that was easily my favorite part of both episodes (although the quickie marriage was pretty cool, too). High marks to Julie Gonzalo.

I'm also interested in where Emma's storyline is going. Will she agree to rehab or go back to her father? Is there a third option?

And what about the big reveal(s) concerning J.R.'s masterpiece?! Grrr.... I hate waiting.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 11:31 PM   #205
wissaboo
Captain

Patrick Duffy is confirming it's renewed but season 3 won't be till the summer of 2014

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/...eason-20130409
Old April 9 2013, 11:38 PM   #206
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

Here's the text from the original article that the one wissaboo linked to links back to:

DUFFY: ‘DALLAS’ WILL RISE AGAIN

“Dallas” may never return to its “Who Shot J.R.?” heyday of the 1980s, but its star Patrick Duffy says TNT isn’t ready to put a bullet in the once wildly popular drama’s reboot just yet.

Despite so-so ratings, “Dallas” 2.0 will be back for a third season and the show has a funeral to thank for its new life, Duffy said.

Sources tell us network bosses were nervous that show icon Larry (“J.R.”)
Hagman’s death in November combined with subpar ratings could spell trouble.

But Duffy, who plays J.R.’s brother Bobby Ewing, said, “A network like TNT and Warner Brothers look at the trend. ... They are ecstatic with what ‘Dallas’ is doing and as long as we continue that in the demographics of 18-40, we are their golden child.”

It doesn’t hurt that after a so-so start, “Dallas” scored season high ratings with the funeral of Hagman’s J.R. character earlier this month. The memorial episode attracted 3.6 million viewers, well above this season’s average of 2.6 million. Duffy thinks it’ll only get better next season.

“The summer is the perfect time on cable television because none of the other networks are premiering anything,” he said.
Emphasis mine.

It's all supposition and extrapolation from what Duffy said in his one attributed quote in the piece.

It could be just as likely that he's putting the word out publicly that he knows Dallas is doing for TNT what TNT wants Dallas to do for it, but also to corner them in to announcing a renewal.

It could also very well be TNT has renewed the show but has yet to make the official announcement, but the cast does know.

I'll believe it when a source like Deadline or THR reports it. Till then, I'm hopeful!
Old April 10 2013, 12:04 AM   #207
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

wissaboo wrote: View Post
Patrick Duffy is confirming it's renewed but season 3 won't be till the summer of 2014

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/...eason-20130409
I like it, it's coming back, that's all I care about. I'll wait.

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 04:13 AM   #208
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Excellent news, and well worth the wait.
Old April 10 2013, 05:27 PM   #209
Worf2DS9
Writer

I actually don't mind having it in the summer. It won't conflict with my other viewing, which will be on hiatus by then.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 09:55 PM   #210
billcosby
Commodore

Yeah, they certainly deserve another season. I'm pleased to hear it. As for the wait - it's only a year! Isn't that customary in television? One season per year?

Not to beat a dead horse on the Victoria Principal thing, I wouldn't be offended if they recast... although it's looking like an off-screen death is a bit more likely. Seriously - I don't think recasting Pamela Barnes-Ewing after so many years would be sacrilegious. Episodes 12-13 were great so I am sure we're all in for a treat (and a Cliffhanger... get it?) next week!

Ken Kerchival is kicking ass.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote