Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old April 7 2013, 09:47 AM   #61
Mitty
Vice Admiral

Re: Eccleston turned down chance to be in 50th Anniversary story

I attended "Lords of Time" convention in Melbourne yesterday. Davison, Baker, McCoy and McGann were all in attendance. Each of them was obviously asked about it, and each said they had "no idea". They all said that it's the kind of thing they will find out about at the very last moment possible. Baker candidly said that he really didn't think a multi Doctor story would work very well, not to mention the fact that Baker certainly doesn't look much like his 6th Doctor Self.

McGann on the other hand looks friggin fantastic for a guy who's 54. He looks 40 to me. He could easily play a part in it, and I really hope he does. He also seems like an incredibly nice guy.

From what some of the other guest said (John Leeson was there, Janet Feilding, and Nicholas Briggs) the BBC don't seem to organised about some things. Both Leeson and Briggs spoke about being called in very last minute to do voices (Leeson doing K9 in "School Reunion" was apparently almost an after thought, and Briggs is doing the Ice Warrior voices and recorded those only last week!
Old April 7 2013, 01:07 PM   #62
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

I'm gonna be pissed if we dont get at least a few classic Doctors.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2013, 02:39 PM   #63
RoJoHen
Awesome

Eccleston put in his time as Doctor Who. If he doesn't want to return, he doesn't have to. The only thing he "owes" his fans is a thank you for supporting him during his run.
Old April 7 2013, 04:17 PM   #64
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

If we allow that Eccleston isn't obligated to do anything can we still allow that it's disappointing when he doesn't? Sure, it's his prerogative whether he does or doesn't but can't people still be unhappy when he doesn't?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2013, 05:09 PM   #65
RoJoHen
Awesome

Yes, as fans you can absolutely be disappointed. What bugs me is this sense of entitlement that fans get about things, as if actors are indebted to them for the rest of their lives.
Old April 7 2013, 05:20 PM   #66
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

I am bitterly disappointed, and I hope Nine is at least mentioned, even in passing:

ELEVEN: I summoned two of you! Two of me. And there's just you.
TEN: Welll, the other one? Doesn't play well with others.
Old April 7 2013, 05:21 PM   #67
RoJoHen
Awesome

I don't even understand how these stories are supposed to work considering how cranky he gets about crossing his own time stream.
Old April 7 2013, 05:22 PM   #68
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Yes, as fans you can absolutely be disappointed. What bugs me is this sense of entitlement that fans get about things, as if actors are indebted to them for the rest of their lives.
This. How many times does an actor HAVE to do something for the fans? Until SOME of them are satisfied? Most? All?

He did his job. He considered coming back. He decided that it wasn't for him. Disappointing, sure. But, seriously, not the end of the world.
Old April 7 2013, 05:30 PM   #69
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
I am bitterly disappointed, and I hope Nine is at least mentioned, even in passing:

ELEVEN: I summoned two of you! Two of me. And there's just you.
TEN: Welll, the other one? Doesn't play well with others.
Maybe they could get McCoy and McGann and do the old playground joke about "Why is Six afraid of Seven?".
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2013, 05:33 PM   #70
Saul
Rear Admiral

I had hoped beyond hope that time had tempered the man and he would return for a one off event that won't happen again for a long time. He is the actor that got me and many other into Doctor Who and I would love to see him again one more time. But you know, how well would 9 fit in with 10 and 11 jumping around him blabbing. Here's hoping 8th can take his place.

An anniversary special with 10 and 11 matches my lowest expectations of what we were gonna get. Oh well....
Old April 7 2013, 06:34 PM   #71
The Wormhole
Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I don't even understand how these stories are supposed to work considering how cranky he gets about crossing his own time stream.
That's where the entertainment is, seeing the Doctors get cranky with each other.
Old April 7 2013, 07:08 PM   #72
Aldo
Admiral

Saul wrote: View Post
. But you know, how well would 9 fit in with 10 and 11 jumping around him blabbing. Here's hoping 8th can take his place.
I think that's one of the reasons why it'd be such a joy to see those three together. It'd be like the Odd Couple with two Oscars.
Old April 7 2013, 07:42 PM   #73
arch101
Fleet Captain

Eccleston is never coming back. Live with it.
I really would like to see McGann again. I almost feel that Dr. Who, Inc. kinda owes him one more appearance. It would legitimize his Doc for all time. I know he's been in lots of flashback clips on the new show, but, a second appearance would seal the deal. They can bring Daphne Ashbrook along, too
Old April 7 2013, 09:17 PM   #74
Starkers
Admiral

Mitty wrote: View Post
I attended "Lords of Time" convention in Melbourne yesterday. Davison, Baker, McCoy and McGann were all in attendance. Each of them was obviously asked about it, and each said they had "no idea". They all said that it's the kind of thing they will find out about at the very last moment possible. Baker candidly said that he really didn't think a multi Doctor story would work very well, not to mention the fact that Baker certainly doesn't look much like his 6th Doctor Self.

McGann on the other hand looks friggin fantastic for a guy who's 54. He looks 40 to me. He could easily play a part in it, and I really hope he does. He also seems like an incredibly nice guy.

From what some of the other guest said (John Leeson was there, Janet Feilding, and Nicholas Briggs) the BBC don't seem to organised about some things. Both Leeson and Briggs spoke about being called in very last minute to do voices (Leeson doing K9 in "School Reunion" was apparently almost an after thought, and Briggs is doing the Ice Warrior voices and recorded those only last week!
Mitty, completely off topic but how was Janet Fielding?

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2013, 10:49 PM   #75
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

(Leeson doing K9 in "School Reunion" was apparently almost an after thought
That's insane, if true!

...and Briggs is doing the Ice Warrior voices and recorded those only last week!
But nearly as insane as this!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote