TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 7 2012, 01:00 AM   #256
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

Re: what's next for Marvel (movies)?

Didn't we just learn that they're doing re-writes on the Guardians movie?

I wonder if they're including a few new characters into the mix now...
M'rk, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 01:35 AM   #257
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

According to Deadline, "Fox insiders" are "strenuously denying" this story.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 03:06 AM   #258
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

At any rate we'll know for certain if this is bad internet rumor or any truth to it at all come October 14th...or sooner.

Assuming it's true for speculation sake though it would be possible to have Silver Surfer show up maybe in a post credits sequence. In some 20-30 second spot he mentions how Thanos use of the Gauntlet has triggered Galactus' interest and he wishes to help them stop Galactus from getting to Thanos and/or The Infinity Gauntlet. Something.

Then later on in the MCU we could get a good solid solo Silver Surfer origin movie since the cosmic side is firmly now set up. Remember SS was SS long before he showed up on Earth to tangle with the FF. No reason a solo movie sans FF can't happen. Would be awesome to see Airwalker, Terrax or Firelord realized on screen!! The In-Betweener!!
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 10:08 PM   #259
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but given the scope of the information here, none of the individual movie threads seemed sufficient.

Here is a video preview of Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2. Included are a brief preview of Iron Man 3, some shots from Thor: The Dark World, brief interview snippets with all of the Phase 2 directors, production drawings from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy and a snippet of the Ant-Man test footage. It would seem that despite what Kevin Feige said a few weeks back, Ant-Man is now (again?) Phase 2.

At this link, there are even more production drawings to be seen, including Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; April 4 2013 at 02:18 AM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 10:51 PM   #260
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

Awesome stuff! I like the Falcon's look. There were a couple of intriguing bits of Captain America concept art there.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 02:08 AM   #261
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

^ Going by that animation art, Steve seems to wearing a costume that's a little closer to the original costume than the Avengers costume.

Oh, and I like the look of Falcon as well-- see my new avatar.
Old April 4 2013, 02:14 AM   #262
RoJoHen
Awesome

That preview was excellent.

I still don't know how I'm supposed to take a live-action raccoon superhero seriously, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Old April 6 2013, 07:57 AM   #263
JD
Admiral

That was pretty great. I loved what they showed from all of the movies in their.
While it is the one who's source material I have pretty much no familiarty with at this point, I think I am actually the most excited for GotG. I love the idea of Marvel doing a big Sci-Fi space movie with spaceships and crazy aliens.
Old April 6 2013, 10:20 PM   #264
Servo
Rear Admiral

And, related to a couple of posts earlier in the thread, Wesley Snipes just got out of jail. Although he'll still be under house arrest for a few months.
Old April 7 2013, 10:24 AM   #265
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post

I still don't know how I'm supposed to take a live-action raccoon superhero seriously, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Yeah well.. it seems a bit out there and i have no knowledge at all about the Guardians but if the writing is solid i could go for it. It's about time Marvel expanded the scope and go cosmic to show that Earth is just a small part of an otherwise fantastic universe (oh how i wish they'd get back the Fantastic 4 to really explore all that).

Servo wrote: View Post
And, related to a couple of posts earlier in the thread, Wesley Snipes just got out of jail. Although he'll still be under house arrest for a few months.
I could go for a new round of Blade if it's done like the first and second movie.. i'll not talk about the abomination that was Blade 3.

And Snipes might need a good paycheck now. Let's see if Marvel has some time and interest to spare to do another Blade movie.. their slate is pretty full and well planned.
Old April 7 2013, 08:09 PM   #266
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Looks cool!

My votes for Phase 3: Doctor Strange, the Sub-Mariner and Warlock.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2013, 08:51 PM   #267
Lt. Cheka Wey
Commander

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post

Yeah well.. it seems a bit out there and i have no knowledge at all about the Guardians but if the writing is solid i could go for it. It's about time Marvel expanded the scope and go cosmic to show that Earth is just a small part of an otherwise fantastic universe (oh how i wish they'd get back the Fantastic 4 to really explore all that).

Servo wrote: View Post
I could go for a new round of Blade if it's done like the first and second movie.. i'll not talk about the abomination that was Blade 3.

And Snipes might need a good paycheck now. Let's see if Marvel has some time and interest to spare to do another Blade movie.. their slate is pretty full and well planned.
When it comes to black protaginsts i would be much more happier with a black Panther movie. Unleash Wakanda.
Lt. Cheka Wey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2013, 11:50 PM   #268
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Iron Man 2 does have a dot on the map that seems to correspond to Wakanda...
Old April 8 2013, 01:44 AM   #269
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

A Black Panther movie is overdue . . ..
Old April 8 2013, 08:52 AM   #270
Lt. Cheka Wey
Commander

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Iron Man 2 does have a dot on the map that seems to correspond to Wakanda...
Is it at least near to Ethiopia? That could lead to neat historical retcon.
Lt. Cheka Wey is offline   Reply With Quote