Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old April 4 2013, 07:37 PM   #16
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: final episode...

Ungrateful fans

Berman and Braga pushed Manny Coto out of the way, on the Finale so, they could "give the fans a Valentine", and this is the thanks they get?

*Apparently their definition of "Valentine" differs from mine and is much closer to my definition of "Screwed over"

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 08:07 PM   #17
DS9forever
Fleet Captain

I don't think anyone bought that the whole episode was supposed to have taken place during "The Pegasus"; the episode could have easily taken place on the Titan - make it Galaxy-class if you want to - and say Riker was having trouble adjusting to command after 15 + years as a first officer.
DS9forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 08:41 PM   #18
R. Star
Rear Admiral

If someone gave me a crap filled chocolate for Valentines Day, I wouldn't be thankful.
Old April 4 2013, 08:58 PM   #19
Melakon
Vice Admiral

If it had been a Valentine to the fans, the story would have been about the actual crew instead of holograms of them where the only "real" people were Riker and Troi. It was a self-glorifying Valentine to the Berman years. Sort of like getting a "love letter" from Blue Velvet's Frank Booth.

Frank Booth wrote:
. . .I'll send you a love letter, straight from my heart, fr! You know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a fg gun, fr! You receive a love letter from me, you're fd forever! You understand, fk? I'll send you straight to hell, fr!
Old April 5 2013, 09:43 AM   #20
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

secretreeve wrote: View Post
My mum went to school with troy
You might want to sit your mum down and quietly tell her that Deanna Troi is what is known as a "fictional character" and that she didn't actual go to school with her.

Old April 5 2013, 10:00 AM   #21
Infern0
Captain

I didn't have a problem with Riker and Troi being in the episode, but it was poorly executed.

What I would have done:

-Have the episode proceed as normal, no Riker or Troi in it.

-At the very end, after Archer gives his speech, we zoom out and Riker is watching it on his laptop thingy, he has not been watching the whole episode obviously, just the speech.

-Troi comes in, says are you ready.

Riker and Troi leave Enterprise E and go to Titan, Riker says something like "There will always be something magical about the name, Enterprise" or something less cheesy

The end.

I know it probably doesn't make that much sense, but it would have been less of a slap in the face than what we got. And left it open for a possible titan series down the line.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 11:17 AM   #22
R. Star
Rear Admiral

The thing is, no matter how good or bad their incorporation is... in this case it was poorly, putting them in the finale -at all- detracts from what it's supposed to be. A celebration of Enterprise's four years and a conclusion to the series. The three captain final frontier speech at the end was beautifully done and would've tied all the Enterprise series together nicely by itself.
Old April 5 2013, 05:07 PM   #23
USS Firefly
Commander

No, no, you see -- Picard, who never really left the Nexus, is the camera POV in this episode. He imagined Riker and Troi as they observe the Enterprise crew. He was slightly off about how they looked since he's been in the Nexus for so long. Oh, and Picard killed of Trip in his mind because he didn't like his accent. So none of the final episode really happened.
Damn that is a lot more logical
USS Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 11:27 PM   #24
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

dub wrote: View Post
No, no, you see -- Picard, who never really left the Nexus, is the camera POV in this episode. He imagined Riker and Troi as they observe the Enterprise crew. He was slightly off about how they looked since he's been in the Nexus for so long.
I'm sensing some wish fulfillment here as he's made Riker to look old and fat, probably laughing his ass off in the Nexus now.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 04:45 PM   #25
LtChange
Commander

Well I really only have one problem with the episode: Trip's death. Yes, it could have been better if it would have been Riker on Enterprise-E before departure and not The Pegasus episode, but besides that it is nice to see that future generations talk about Archer and Co. I really think it would have worked better as a random episode not as finale, and my problem: why did they kill Trip? But still it was a nice episode, and while I won't give a 5 out of 5 stars to it, I will never put at the same page as the episodes I hate from the Star Trek series like "And the children shall lead", "Spock's brain" or "Masks".
LtChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 05:30 PM   #26
LtChange
Commander

but I only saw it once, so I might change my mind
LtChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 05:47 PM   #27
arch101
Fleet Captain

I still think B & B killed Trip off in an act of petty rage against the fans for not sticking with the show.

"Killed our brilliant show? Well, we'll get you all! We'll kill off your most popular character! There! FU! Try bringing it back after we're gone! NO TRIP! MUHAHAHAAAA!"

I believe that is how it went down.
Old April 6 2013, 06:13 PM   #28
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

LtChange wrote: View Post
Yes, it could have been better if it would have been Riker on Enterprise-E before departure and not The Pegasus episode
I thought it would have added to the storyline, if Riker (or Deanna) were to have mentioned that Riker had used this particular holodeck program many times through the years to help himself figure out ethical personal problems.

Rant time.

It would be easy to see Picard one day retire from Starfleet, go into politics and eventually become President. But ARCHER? Why, because he has a calm speaking voice?

Thank you.

Old April 6 2013, 11:08 PM   #29
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

arch101 wrote: View Post
I still think B & B killed Trip off in an act of petty rage against the fans for not sticking with the show.

"Killed our brilliant show? Well, we'll get you all! We'll kill off your most popular character! There! FU! Try bringing it back after we're gone! NO TRIP! MUHAHAHAAAA!"

I believe that is how it went down.
Those bastards.

But I still think the way Phlox looks at Archer as Trip is going into the fix-it tube is very telling and seems to point to a massive plot underway. As in, The Good That Men Do.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2013, 07:14 AM   #30
HopefulRomantic
Phloxist moderator

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Rant time.

It would be easy to see Picard one day retire from Starfleet, go into politics and eventually become President. But ARCHER? Why, because he has a calm speaking voice?

Thank you.

Jon can sing, though! Isn't that enough?

Too bad we never got to hear him sing on the show, in that 6th-season "Movie Night Musical" episode.