New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 4 2013, 07:37 PM   #2056
Tom
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

I'm sure Norman Reedus will get second billing after Andrew, then Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Chandler Riggs, Danai Gurira, Chad L. Coleman and David Morrissey then the others will be list in the beginning of Act 1 as normal. Scott Wilson really should have been in the title sequence this season IMO.
Old April 4 2013, 09:36 PM   #2057
MPH
Rear Admiral

Takeru wrote: View Post
Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
They're already regulars. Also starring means regular. There's only so much room in the opening credits.
Ah, I see. I hope now that three spots in the opening credits are free McBride is added, she deserves it the most because she has been with the show since season 1 and because I really like her.

I don't get why Danai Gurrera made it into the opening credits right away, she was a new addition, is not who I'd call a well known actress and her role in the season wasn't that important.
Were they considering to kill Carol? Maybe her "death" in the first half along with T-Dog was originally meant to be real and they changed their mind at the last minute. They gave the spots in the opening to actors they knew would stick around until the finale, not the potential death candidates like Carol.

I'm also happy to read that the walkers will be a bigger threat in season 4, looking back at the second half of season 3 it really seemed they were no longer a big deal most of the time, more like really ugly garden gnomes in the prison front yard.
Yeah they had turned into a bit of a joke in the second half of s3.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 09:39 PM   #2058
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

MPH wrote: View Post
Anyone care to speculate on how you'd make the zombies a bigger threat without converting them into fast zombies?

Because everyone in the group has developed skills on how to kill them - even up close - without fear or even a gun
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 09:49 PM   #2059
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Anyone care to speculate on how you'd make the zombies a bigger threat without converting them into fast zombies?

Because everyone in the group has developed skills on how to kill them - even up close - without fear or even a gun
I think that's what some are complaining about. The ability to pick up plastic fork (or something equally as difficult) and jam it into their head to put a Zombie down

I don't really have a problem with that myself, but, I think some people do think the "heroes" have become too proficient with any ole thing and being able to kill Zombie with it as easily as they do with their regular choice of weapon (IE: Darryl and his crossbow, Michonne and her sword, or anybody else with their guns)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 09:50 PM   #2060
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

You guys are all wrong about the credits.

"Also starring" does not mean the same thing necessarily as "regular." Nor does it necessarily equate to being done because the opening credits sequence is only so long.

Much of it has to do with how much each actor is paid, which is also tied to how many episodes they sign up to be in. Or how many episodes their overall deal requires them to be in. This season we had an actor on our show who had been recurring for two seasons but who we definitely wanted back this season, but who wanted to go on to do other stuff. So for some reason we signed him to a "10 out of 13" - meaning he would be in 10 of our 13 episodes. He's nowhere near being one of the regulars or being a central character on our show, but his character is important to the show so he's listed as a regular now. If he's not in all 10 of those episodes, he still has to be paid. All because we wanted to hold him for use this season and not lose him to another show.

No show is done the same way, and no show has the money or budget to pay all the actors on it to be included in the opening credits. Why is Michonne listed as one of the regulars even though she was newly introduced this season? Because the writers knew they'd use her (and Morrisey as the Governor) in every episode.

Or you have a situation like what eventually happened with Jessalyn Gilsig on Nip/Tuck, who was a recurring actor on the show for a few years and who was then upgraded to regular status, but was only credited as such for the episodes in which she appeared, unlike, say, Cirroc Lofton, who even though he was listed in the opening credits for every episode of DS9, he wasn't in every episode, but he still got paid.

Last edited by doubleohfive; April 4 2013 at 10:12 PM.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 11:26 PM   #2061
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Zombies.. with laser beams... and steel helmets
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 11:32 PM   #2062
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Making them as hard to kill as a living human, at the very least, would have gone a long way to keeping them a viable threat. Their soft, squishy skulls that you can smash like a rotten pumpkin is a major detriment to that.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 12:11 AM   #2063
secretreeve
Lieutenant Junior Grade

soft bones and skulls seem perfectly fine to me,

they don't get the proper requirements dietary wise so they get little calcium, its no different to a reptile with calcium deficiency.

youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MrReeve1987?feature=mhee
secretreeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 12:27 AM   #2064
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

The S2 finale is an example of how the zombies can continue to be a bigger threat. In that situation, you had a number of armed people unloading on the walkers:

Rick
Glen
Andrea
Lori
Hershel
Daryl
Jimmy

But their efforts ultimately meant nothing as they were overwhelmed.

In the pilot, and the last two episodes of S1, we saw many tanks and soldiers out of commission / dead, respectively (the city and outside of the CDC). I'm guessing large herds overwhelmed groups--even armed with military firepower, so if that guess is spot on, there are still ways for zombies to pose a great threat.

Even at the prison, the survivors were always ducking and dodging in the commons area, the halls and in the yard, as the numbers and walker hunger keep them chasing the living.
Old April 5 2013, 12:45 AM   #2065
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Those zombies wearing riot gear were a good idea.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 01:16 AM   #2066
Mojochi
Commodore

Numbers... Herds of them. There must be billions of them on the whole. We see that they eat anything living. Well, as the cities are depleted of living sustenance, they'll be spreading out to where wild life is, big time.

As for an improvement, I'd like to see them show a few more human traits though, like climbing. If that hunger is so strong, they'll climb a fence. They climbed a tank. They are reanimated primates after all. That's been one drawback of how they were depicted this season at the prison. The other is their strength. Twice this season they were unable to break through a partially rolled down car window. I could do that, if I was crazy enough

However, I'm getting the feeling this is not completely a horror show, & even when it is, the zombies are only a part of that, as this season illustrates. So the zombies don't have to be a constant horror for the show to be good

Last edited by Mojochi; April 5 2013 at 01:28 AM.
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 01:30 AM   #2067
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I saw Carol and Merle in full costume, and in character, shooting up the Conan O'Brien Audience this morning.

Funny.

(it's the one with Paul Rudd as the guest, dated .2013.04.02.)

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 01:41 AM   #2068
Mojochi
Commodore

Mojochi wrote: View Post

Numbers... Herds of them. There must be billions of them on the whole. We see that they eat anything living. Well, as the cities are depleted of living sustenance, they'll be spreading out to where wild life is, big time.

As for an improvement, I'd like to see them show a few more human traits though, like climbing. If that hunger is so strong, they'll climb a fence. They climbed a tank. They are reanimated primates after all. That's been one drawback of how they were depicted this season at the prison. The other is their strength. Twice this season they were unable to break through a partially rolled down car window. I could do that, if I was crazy enough

However, I'm getting the feeling this is not completely a horror show, & even when it is, the zombies are only a part of that, as this season illustrates. So the zombies don't have to be a constant horror for the show to be good
Oh yeah... I just remember the other way they've stolen some of the threat zombies should have, the infectiousness. They're way too comfortable being in contact with or close proximity to zombies, & that's primarily because I've seen so much on this show overlooked, that could be qualified as an exposure to the disease

Michonne had her entire head smashed into an aquarium full of zombie head soup. They play way too loose with the exposure factor imo
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 03:58 AM   #2069
Blue_Trek
Captain

With a group of older people from Woodbury, one dies in the night in there sleep in a locked down facility, that could turn ugly fast.
Old April 5 2013, 04:00 AM   #2070
Dream
Admiral

Blue_Trek wrote: View Post
With a group of older people from Woodbury, one dies in the night in there sleep in a locked down facility, that could turn ugly fast.
Keep all the prison cells locked at night. Problem solved.