Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 3 2013, 06:29 AM   #46
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Re: Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

I care so little about how the blackout happened, what caused it, what spacebat magic they're going to use to bring back the power or even bringing back the power at all, that I find myself more and more disinterested in the flashbacks and now where it looks like they're taking the present plot as well.
Old April 3 2013, 02:22 PM   #47
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Best one-liner this week, "Lighten up".
Old April 3 2013, 09:32 PM   #48
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Marten wrote: View Post
If getting electricity back even is a good thing, I'm not really sure about that.
Why wouldn't it be?
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 05:45 AM   #49
tighr
Commodore

According to the teasers, this week's episode will reveal how the blackout happened.

Given NBC's track record, and given the track record of shows like this one (LOST, primarily), I'll believe it when I see it. Frankly, I'm prepared to be disappointed in the answer they give us.
Old April 4 2013, 07:04 AM   #50
sojourner
Admiral

How it happened, or how it works? 2 different questions.
Old April 4 2013, 06:32 PM   #51
tighr
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
How it happened, or how it works? 2 different questions.
Indubitably.

Just like in Lost: Viewers clamored for answers to what the smoke monster was for virtually the entire run of the series (The "monster" was introduced in the pilot). We were treated with an answer in the 2nd to last episode of the series, and it ended up being some dude floated down a river and into a glowing cave, only to emerge as a smoke monster. LOLWHUT?

Completely bypassing how it works that a man can turn into a smoke monster, and just asking us to take for granted that he did indeed turn into a smoke monster.
Old April 5 2013, 12:31 PM   #52
Marten
Captain

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Marten wrote: View Post
If getting electricity back even is a good thing, I'm not really sure about that.
Why wouldn't it be?
Because if one faction knew about it, they could use it to conquer the rest before anyone could react. It might not be at all pretty.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 05:38 PM   #53
sojourner
Admiral

Ah, but what if it came back for everyone? If you think about it that would actually be worse. Suddenly everyone's got tanks and bombs. The fighting and destruction would be much more intense than if just one faction had power.
Old April 5 2013, 11:51 PM   #54
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

I wasn't talking about the fighting, as such (although if everyone has power, then everyone can fight back against any tyrannies that might arise, such as Monroe; and eventually a stable government can form).

I simply meant, why isn't it an objectively good thing to have electricity? I wouldn't want the "Revolution" to be a "revolution against electricity". People should not be forced to live in darkness. This isn't the Emberverse, after all.

(Remember, turning off the power is what enabled Monroe to take over in the first place...)
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old April 6 2013, 04:35 AM   #55
sojourner
Admiral

Oh, I agree. Just pointing out that over 15 years things have stabilized to a point. Throwing power back into the mix is going to cause a lot of upheaval and with it alot of death.
Old April 6 2013, 04:48 AM   #56
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

^ I would think that the death that might be caused by turning the power back on would pale in comparison to the death that WAS caused when the power went off.
Old April 6 2013, 05:45 AM   #57
JD
Admiral

^And I would think things would probably stabilize a lot quicker too.
I hope the show continues for at least a few episodes after the power does come back on. It will be interesting to see how the characters react to having electricity everywhere permanently again, especially the younger characters like Jason and Charlie who probably don't remember it very well.
Old April 6 2013, 07:00 AM   #58
sojourner
Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ I would think that the death that might be caused by turning the power back on would pale in comparison to the death that WAS caused when the power went off.

Well... yeah.
Old April 9 2013, 04:56 AM   #59
Lyon_Wonder
Commander

The Monroe Republic is reminding me more and more of North Korea with Philadelphia as Pyongyang and Monroe as the republic’s “Dear Leader”. About the only thing missing is a Dennis Rodman cameo.
Lyon_Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 05:36 AM   #60
sojourner
Admiral

Ok, <looks at betting spread> who had the $100 on nanites?