Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 24 2013, 09:43 PM   #61
tighr
Commodore

Re: NBC: Jimmy Fallon to replace Jay Leno in 2014

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
He's made a few jokes, but I watched the other day and his guests even wanted to talk about it and he's like "I'm not saying anything".
Conan was the same way on the first few weeks of his TBS show. Guests kept bringing up the NBC thing, and he'd brush it off. It seemed like he wanted to put the whole situation behind him, and get on with doing the show he wanted to do.
Old April 4 2013, 03:24 PM   #62
Amasov
Rear Admiral

I guess it's now official.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/03/of...lace-jay-leno/
Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 03:49 PM   #63
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Sheep wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post
If anything, Conan might find a way to take over for Letterman someday.
I was under the impression Craig Ferguson taking over the Late Show once Letterman retires was unofficially a done deal. I love Ferguson but I'm afraid that might not end well given CBS's demographic. Same goes for Conan potentially taking over for Letterman.
Ferguson has been very up-front and public about not wanting anything to do with The Late Show, and honestly I'm thankful for that; moving to 11:35 would destroy his program, which is much more akin to Pee-wee's Playhouse than a traditional late-night talk show. A while back, there was some talk of CBS desperately hoping that Jon Stewart would be interested, but he seems content at Comedy Central.

Conan just re-upped with TBS through 2015, so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

If anything, my money is on CBS throwing everyone a curveball and giving The Late Show to Ellen DeGeneres.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 03:53 PM   #64
Amasov
Rear Admiral

Timby wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post
If anything, Conan might find a way to take over for Letterman someday.
I was under the impression Craig Ferguson taking over the Late Show once Letterman retires was unofficially a done deal. I love Ferguson but I'm afraid that might not end well given CBS's demographic. Same goes for Conan potentially taking over for Letterman.
Ferguson has been very up-front and public about not wanting anything to do with The Late Show, and honestly I'm thankful for that; moving to 11:35 would destroy his program, which is much more akin to Pee-wee's Playhouse than a traditional late-night talk show. A while back, there was some talk of CBS desperately hoping that Jon Stewart would be interested, but he seems content at Comedy Central.

Conan just re-upped with TBS through 2015, so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

If anything, my money is on CBS throwing everyone a curveball and giving The Late Show to Ellen DeGeneres.
While Dave brings up retirement here and there and now with Conan re-upping through 2015, I wonder if that's about the time Dave will throw in the towel, in which CBS would then consider Conan for the job. Though I have trouble visualizing Conan moving back to New York and I wonder if CBS would even be interested in having him on the network. He doesn't seem relevant anymore.

I love that Craig wants to stay where he is. 12.30 is perfect for the kind of show he does. In a thread some time ago, someone commented that Craig's show now is a lot like Letterman's old Late Night.
Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 04:48 PM   #65
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

Amasov wrote: View Post

While Dave brings up retirement here and there and now with Conan re-upping through 2015, I wonder if that's about the time Dave will throw in the towel, in which CBS would then consider Conan for the job. Though I have trouble visualizing Conan moving back to New York and I wonder if CBS would even be interested in having him on the network. He doesn't seem relevant anymore.

I love that Craig wants to stay where he is. 12.30 is perfect for the kind of show he does. In a thread some time ago, someone commented that Craig's show now is a lot like Letterman's old Late Night.
Didn't know that he wanted to stay there. Really like his (Craig Ferguson's) show better than Dave's or Jay's. Both of them haven't been as funny as they used to be. Only watch Jay's for the monologue and for Headlines (going to miss those ). Craig reminds me of Johnny Carson somewhat. Missed that kind of show for awhile now .
Old April 4 2013, 05:34 PM   #66
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Craig Ferguson wants to stay where he is because no one bugs him and he can do what he wants.

Remember that this Leno mess started out as rumours because he was bashing the network a lot and NBC didn't like it.

Craig does nothing but bashing CBS and no one cares.
Old April 4 2013, 06:00 PM   #67
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Craig Ferguson wants to stay where he is because no one bugs him and he can do what he wants.
That's changed a little bit. In return for getting the new studio as part of his contract extension, Worldwide Pants ceded some production control and ownership of The Late Show and The Late Late Show to CBS, which is why Craig has been having more canned interviews with guests shilling their new movie / TV show lately.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 06:18 PM   #68
foxhot
Fleet Captain

Leno seems happier to leave this time, even though he's got no prime-time show lined up (yet). Jeez, if only his god-awful 10 pm show five nights per week had worked, than Conan would still be where he belongs.

SNL veterans insist on flooding most major American comedy films these days, and now it looks like they'll be taking over whatever other late-night comedy NBC has. I just wish somebody would be allowed to break Alec Baldwin's hosting record.
foxhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 06:42 PM   #69
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Fallon is unwatchable. At this rate if NBC is still alive in a couple of years they'll just have to cancel their whole talk show block and let the affiliates run infomercials a couple of hours early.
Old April 4 2013, 06:50 PM   #70
Caligula
Vice Admiral

foxhot wrote: View Post
I just wish somebody would be allowed to break Alec Baldwin's hosting record.
Justin Timberlake is still young, and he's just joined the Five-Timers Club. The trouble is that leaves him 11 episodes behind Alec Baldwin, so he has some catching up to do yet. The only ones within reach of Baldwin right now are Steve Martin (15) and John Goodman (12).
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 07:56 PM   #71
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

foxhot wrote: View Post
Leno seems happier to leave this time,
I sure haven't seen any indications that this is true. Jay seems as reluctant to leave now as he was a few years ago. His public comments, I believe, are designed to cover his true feelings. Jay always seems to want to be liked while fighting like a mad dog to behind the scenes, to hold onto what he perceives as 'his".
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 02:33 PM   #72
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Remember that this Leno mess started out as rumours because he was bashing the network a lot and NBC didn't like it.

Craig does nothing but bashing CBS and no one cares.

Because with Craig, CBS doesn't percieve him as a threat.

Leno has been on for 20 years hosting the oldest late night show of the bunch. He also has a bigger name recognition along with his "He has cars" shtick
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 05:17 PM   #73
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

tighr wrote: View Post
I haven't watched a single minute of late night talk shows in three years, not since I cancelled cable and stopped watching Conan. The whole Tonight Show snafu soured me on the concept! Leno is an ass and should have told NBC to shove it, but selfishly he wanted his show back. Now I just follow Conan on Facebook and watch the funny clips he posts on his website.
Start watching Craig Ferguson. He's different.

That's changed a little bit. In return for getting the new studio as part of his contract extension, Worldwide Pants ceded some production control and ownership of The Late Show and The Late Late Show to CBS, which is why Craig has been having more canned interviews with guests shilling their new movie / TV show lately.
And still, his interviews are so much better.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 05:54 PM   #74
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I think part of that is also so Craig gets more time off. You tape several interviews in advance you get Thursdays and Fridays off. It's not like they talk about their show for 10 minutes, Craig still goes off in his own world in interviews.
Old April 6 2013, 02:08 AM   #75
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Sometimes the guest is lucky to get the plug in at all. Craig loves tangents.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote