Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 3 2013, 06:42 PM   #181
billcosby
Commodore

Re: Dallas - Season 2

J.R. Junior is the standout in this series so far. He's got a long way to go to 'replace' Hangman and perhaps he never will but with JR gone he's providing the bravado and comic relief that Hangman made so famous.

I'm loving that they wrote Ashton back in. She was a major part of the original series. I hope there's more than the one episode appearance!
Is JR's Master Plan going to culminate with the death (or indirect cause of death) to Cliff?

I'm also wondering about the future of this series... as long as John Ross keeps up the smart mouth, ass kicking, swindling and scheming I'll keep tuning in. We've got 4 left until the season wraps up and I'm guessing JR's master plan will unfold but a new threat will emerge.

I looked through the posts from the last time I've been here... I couldn't find any discussion of the likelyhood that Victoria Prinicpal will reprise her role as Pamela Barnes but they've been dropping that bomb in every episode since JR died. Is this actually going to happen? I thought there was no way in hell she would return to Dallas. Did the producers manage to get her on board because of Hangman's passing or are they going to use her "off screen?"

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 09:47 PM   #182
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Victoria Principal hasn't acted in years — her last role was over a decade ago on the short-lived prime-time soap Titans; since then, she seems to be solely focused on her skin care company. As recently as a month ago, she reaffirmed that she's not coming back:

"Since the inception of ‘Dallas’, the creators and fans around the world have referred to Bobby and Pam, as the Romeo & Juliet of ‘Dallas’. I could not agree more. And since the original author of this scenario, William Shakespeare, felt compelled to make theirs a tragic love story, of epic and unforgettable deathly loss, I think I shall respect that very successful example, and leave the legacy of Bobby & Pam’s tragic love story, undisturbed and intact

When I filmed Pam’s fatal car accident, for me that was the punctuation mark on my role as Pam. I cannot be held responsible for any choices made by producers, once I left ‘Dallas’, but I do take responsibility for my decision, not to risk tarnishing Bobby & Pam’s love story, with a desperate reappearance. I made this decision a long time ago with a loving and respectful heart for ‘Dallas’, Bobby & Pam and all faithful fans."
source

So either Victoria Principal really is coming back, and everyone involved is doing an unbelievable job of keeping their mouths shut, or Bobby's investigator in Dubai will find out Pam died years ago, which means Christopher inherits Pam's 1/3 stake in Barnes Global, making for a verrrry interesting Season 3.

Minor nit: it's Hagman, not Hangman.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 10:04 PM   #183
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

Yeah, I posted that article a few weeks ago in this thread right after I shared my theory about Pam. But fuck it, I think she's their ace in the hole. Bobby and the boys will figure it all out and at the end of the season face off with Cliff, who will reveal he's been working with Pam all along and we'll finally see her.
Old April 4 2013, 10:46 AM   #184
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Why would Pam work with Cliff against Bobby and Christopher? I already have a hard time believing Cliff would do it but Pam? No way, not in a million years..

Even if Victoria Principal considered returning to Dallas, I'm sure the moment someone suggested "You'll be playing a megabitch version of Pam out for revenge who orchestrated her son marrying his cousin under a different name!" she would have slammed the door in this person's face and that would have been the end of the negotiations.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 11:49 AM   #185
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

I just don't see any way to bring Pam back that's either inconsistent with the last time we saw her character in 1988 (where she's dying of Writer's Convenience Syndrome, and wants Cliff and Bobby to leave her alone so they'll remember her as Victoria Principal and not Margaret Michaels with some fake burn makeup) or serves as a total distraction from everything that's going on.

That said, I'm still half expecting a major reveal at the end of the season finale where Victoria Principal steps out of a darkened doorway or off a plane.
Old April 4 2013, 01:55 PM   #186
The Laughing Vulcan
Admiral

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post

That said, I'm still half expecting a major reveal at the end of the season finale where Victoria Principal steps out of a darkened doorway or off a plane.
Stepping out of a shower would be more poetic...

Anime @ MyReviewer
The Laughing Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 03:41 PM   #187
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

I don't know why I didn't think of that.
Old April 4 2013, 06:00 PM   #188
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Takeru wrote: View Post
Why would Pam work with Cliff against Bobby and Christopher? I already have a hard time believing Cliff would do it but Pam? No way, not in a million years..

Even if Victoria Principal considered returning to Dallas, I'm sure the moment someone suggested "You'll be playing a megabitch version of Pam out for revenge who orchestrated her son marrying his cousin under a different name!" she would have slammed the door in this person's face and that would have been the end of the negotiations.
I just don't see any way to bring Pam back that's either inconsistent with the last time we saw her character in 1988 (where she's dying of Writer's Convenience Syndrome, and wants Cliff and Bobby to leave her alone so they'll remember her as Victoria Principal and not Margaret Michaels with some fake burn makeup) or serves as a total distraction from everything that's going on.

The woman was in a horrific car explosion. That she made it out alive is a miracle, but psychologically it must have wreaked havoc with her not only to be as disfigured as she must have been, but also to come to the conclusion that she would have to stay away from Bobby and Christopher after only so recently "getting them back." That has to damage someone psychologically, no matter what way you stretch it. I could easily see it just being crazy Pam now hell bent on revenge. More importantly, it would be rather out of left field to have her actually gunning for Bobby and the Ewings with Cliff now. Besides, we've already seen that old characters like Afton (who once got along just fine with characters like Bobby) are now hostile toward the family, so it wouldn't be necessarily without precedent.

Too, I could easily see Pam blaming the rest of the Ewings for all the heartache she had to suffer through, the psychopath behavior of Katherine, the death of Rebecca, etc. Besides, before Bobby Cliff was the only family she had and is likely the only other family she has left.
Old April 5 2013, 05:42 AM   #189
billcosby
Commodore

It would be kind of cruel for the producers of this show to dangle the hope of Victoria returning after the blow of losing Hagman.

Old April 5 2013, 03:57 PM   #190
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

billcosby wrote: View Post
It would be kind of cruel for the producers of this show to dangle the hope of Victoria returning after the blow of losing Hagman.
Yeah, it would. But not if they know they've locked her for the role.
Old April 5 2013, 04:46 PM   #191
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

"Since the inception of ‘Dallas’, the creators and fans around the world have referred to Bobby and Pam, as the Romeo & Juliet of ‘Dallas’. I could not agree more. And since the original author of this scenario, William Shakespeare, felt compelled to make theirs a tragic love story, of epic and unforgettable deathly loss, I think I shall respect that very successful example, and leave the legacy of Bobby & Pam’s tragic love story, undisturbed and intact

When I filmed Pam’s fatal car accident, for me that was the punctuation mark on my role as Pam. I cannot be held responsible for any choices made by producers, once I left ‘Dallas’, but I do take responsibility for my decision, not to risk tarnishing Bobby & Pam’s love story, with a desperate reappearance. I made this decision a long time ago with a loving and respectful heart for ‘Dallas’, Bobby & Pam and all faithful fans."
source
after this I think it's good for her to stay away. It's kinda a slap in the face to all the reunion movies and this new series.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 07:38 PM   #192
billcosby
Commodore

Recast?

Old April 5 2013, 07:51 PM   #193
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

As I said earlier in the thread, I hope this is all just one massive misdirect on the part of the producers and Principal, who otherwise reconsidered her previous steadfast refusal to return to Dallas in the wake of Hagman's death. Is it a long shot? Of course it is. Maybe they went and signed Morgan Brittany to come back instead? Who knows? Given the rumblings that we'd "know who killed J.R. by season's end" I feel like it would be one hell of a cliffhanger - the one person we never thought we'd see again, and now she's evil!z

Talk about a cliffhanger - AND a way to lure us all back fro season three!
Old April 7 2013, 12:14 PM   #194
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Isn't there an easier way to find Pam? Have Christopher file paperwork to have her declared legally dead. It has been years since she was seen last, and if she was diagnosed as terminal, that fact should have been easy enough to uncover.

And in true soap opera fashion, moments before a decision is made by the judge, Cliff enters the room with Pam in tow, no matter who they get playing her.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2013, 03:27 PM   #195
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

only two episodes left and no word on a renewal.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote