CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old April 3 2013, 11:44 AM   #136
teacock
Admiral

Re: First time watching Enterprise!

You know she leaves Archer, what little of him she was connected to, for the NX-02 right?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 12:22 PM   #137
Merlanthe
Lieutenant Commander

Er are you guys discussing future plot developments or your personal head cannon?

I'm really hoping its your head canon because if its future plot developments then i just found out we get a second enterprise with a female captain who may be a former girlfriend of Archers which i did not see coming and im not gonna ask when that happens since i dont want to hear spoilers places hands over ears and slowly runs away singing la la la la lah
Old April 3 2013, 12:36 PM   #138
teacock
Admiral

It's mostly bullshit (otherwise known as fantasy head canon) about a very minor character Merlanthe but I apologize for having said anything about anything you weren't up to.

I will be very careful in the future in your thread

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 3 2013, 03:47 PM   #139
rabid bat
Commodore

View rabid bat's Twitter Profile

Merlanthe wrote: View Post
... places hands over ears and slowly runs away singing la la la la lah
Well played.
Artist formerly known as jespah.
rabid bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 03:59 PM   #140
R. Star
Rear Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
It's mostly bullshit (otherwise known as fantasy head canon) about a very minor character Merlanthe but I apologize for having said anything about anything you weren't up to.

I'll offer apologies too! There's some substance to what we're saying, but mostly it's just the usual silly banter!
Old April 3 2013, 11:41 PM   #141
Merlanthe
Lieutenant Commander

R. Star wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post

I'll offer apologies too! There's some substance to what we're saying, but mostly it's just the usual silly banter!
Thats okay i do enjoy reading the silly banter so feel free to continue just pls put any spoilorish stuff in tags so i dont see it

I would really like to avoid reading any spoilerish stuff because its only really when i first watch a series that i can be surprised. My memory for plot/chaarcter details from series ive watched or books ive read is too good i can go as long as a decade without watching something and still recall most the details. My mother is the complete opposite if more than a couple months have passed she wont remember if shes watched an episode before until its partway through or near the end. She always relies on me to remember where wer up to when we watch a series together.

Btw Teacake i would avoid looking at the last couple posts on your Farscape thread as they are discussing whether a minor spoiler counts as a spoiler without using any tags which is silly of them.
Old April 3 2013, 11:57 PM   #142
teacock
Admiral

Oh Merlanthe all I could think of when you asked if I was posting spoilers here was my knuckle rapping in my Farscape thread! Because now I've done similar! And thanks so much for the warning, I'm pretty good at skimming. I will just continue the reviews and not read to many replies. When in doubt post spoiler tags, or just post 'em anyway.. I need to do that all the time myself.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 13 2013, 09:58 PM   #143
Merlanthe
Lieutenant Commander

Okay so its been a while since i posted in here mainly because ive been super busy at work and preparing for a trip to Rome which is less that 9 hours form now yaaay! But once i get back from Rome i will start posting my thoughts again. Just thought i should mention this in case anyone started worrying that i had abandoned the series or been abducted by aliens or something :P
Old April 13 2013, 10:07 PM   #144
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

Enjoy the trip. And don't worry, I disappeared for a month a few weeks ago and no one sent a get well card.
Old April 13 2013, 10:53 PM   #145
USS Firefly
Commander

I disappeared for a month a few weeks ago and no one sent a get well card.
I've missed you, but because you are living so far away i could not have written you a card.

Merlanthe enjoy Rome
USS Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 11:03 PM   #146
Mutai Sho-Rin

Merlanthe wrote: View Post
Okay so its been a while since i posted in here mainly because ive been super busy at work and preparing for a trip to Rome which is less that 9 hours form now yaaay! But once i get back from Rome i will start posting my thoughts again. Just thought i should mention this in case anyone started worrying that i had abandoned the series or been abducted by aliens or something :P
Prepare to be abducted by Italians - willingly perhaps.
Old April 13 2013, 11:39 PM   #147
teacock
Admiral

Sometimes I PM people when the disappear and sometimes I don't.. because it feels like nagging.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 14 2013, 01:06 AM   #148
rabid bat
Commodore

View rabid bat's Twitter Profile

I await tales of your Italian abduction.
Artist formerly known as jespah.
rabid bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 03:37 PM   #149
Sadara
Lieutenant Commander

View Sadara's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to Sadara

It's my first time watching Enterprise as well so rather than make another similarly themed thread I'll just say that for the most part I'm enjoying it. It does seem that Archer does the opposite of what the Vulcans suggest simply because it's the opposite of what the Vulcans suggest. He kind of needs to get passed that.

Also, I'm glad to see that Hoshi finally quit whining some.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2013, 01:31 PM   #150
Merlanthe
Lieutenant Commander

Rome was awesome! they have the most awesome Gelato especially the choclate orange which is now my all time favourite flavour! and so many pretty ruins and fountains to sketch! i didnt want to come home.

Marauders

Have any of you guys ever seen the movie Battle Beyond the Stars? It’s basically the Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven in space with a hamtastic cast and a sassy talking ship named Nell a truly awesome movie!

But I digress. Here we have Enterprise doing their take on the Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven after they come across a mining colony being terrorised by Klingons. I like this episode a lot

I love that when T’Pol is training the colonists she doesn’t claim to be able to teach them how to fight she just teaches them a simple defensive move. Admittedly the rolling away from danger looks a bit silly as it takes them longer to roll out of reach than it would for them just to duck outta the way and run. Reed gets to put his tactical skills to use and against Klingons no less. He must have been so happy inside. And our regular crew get to run round in sweaty non standard outfits that look quite cool I vote we change the uniforms to those from now on. Even T’Pol eventually ditches her silly white catsuit for some dirty clothes that look much better on her than that horrid catsuit even if they are on the skimpy side.

I give this epsiode 4 and a half stars.

The Communicator

After accidentally leaving a communicator behind on a pre-warp world Archer and Reed get captured and mistaken for enemy spies upon returning to the planet. Really I think they made things a whole lot worse by claiming to be spies rather than just confessing to being aliens. At least if they had admitted to being aliens they would have been treated better and after being rescued the pre-warp military people wouldn’t be left with a lot of mistaken assumptions about their enemies capabilities.

I give this 2 and a half stars ok