IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old April 2 2013, 11:39 PM   #16
Relayer1
Commodore

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .

I would suggest that if you loved Voyager, you should move on to DS9 and brace yourself...
Old April 2 2013, 11:48 PM   #17
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

R. Star wrote: View Post
Timeless was definitely up there on my list too. Surprising for a Kim/Chakotay centered episode. Burton really brought out the best in Garrett Wang.
"Timeless" is actually Levar's fav Trek episode, per his con appearence at Cherry Hill NJ last year.
Old April 2 2013, 11:52 PM   #18
teacock
Admiral

Timeless was definitely up there on my list too. Surprising for a Kim/Chakotay centered episode. Burton really brought out the best in Garrett Wang.
I wish something had gone wrong and we ended up with that Harry for the rest of VOY and young Harry disappeared.

That would have been amazing!! You'd have Old Harry trapped back in the Delta quadrant, not being able to tell folk what had transpired in history. I wonder if he'd still be playing Captain Proton with Tom. I wonder if he's be more appealing to the Delaney twins now..

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 12:16 AM   #19
teya
Vice Admiral

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post

She was also a hero to Secretary Clinton, so you're in good company.
What did Kate Mulgrew do that would make her a hero to Hillary Clinton?
Old April 3 2013, 12:18 AM   #20
teya
Vice Admiral

Oh, and favorite episode...

It's a toss-up between "Drone" and "Living Witness."
Old April 3 2013, 12:28 AM   #21
teacock
Admiral

teya wrote: View Post
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post

She was also a hero to Secretary Clinton, so you're in good company.
She captained a starship!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 3 2013, 12:32 AM   #22
Queen Arachnia
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Queen Arachnia

Omg I tried to make a list, but there's too many.
Old April 3 2013, 12:36 AM   #23
Queen Arachnia
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Queen Arachnia

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
"Timeless" is actually Levar's fav Trek episode, per his con appearence at Cherry Hill NJ last year.
I live in Jersey, I really need to start going to the Star Trek cons in Cherry Hill...I heard they were having one this year but the tickets are sold out.

Jersey is also home to the Chiller convention which I also...have never attended but want to. lol. I believe it's usually in Parsippany too which is like 10 mins from my house.
Old April 3 2013, 08:17 AM   #24
Ryn
Ensign

teacake wrote: View Post
Maybe the poster jumped into some of the recent hate threads and freaked out.

Don't worry Ryn the VOY love is strong here
Actually, that's pretty much what happened. I was browsing the forums and came across some pretty scary stuff. Not gonna lie, it made me all skittish and more nervous than a Ferengi being revealed as a false profit . . . (Bad joke, I know.)

I've been trying to get myself psyched up to watch the last few episodes of Voyager but I have such a strong attachment to it that I can't seem to find the courage to watch it. Every episode that passes means I'm one step closer to having to say goodbye to these characters that I've fallen in love with and it tears me up. I'm such a sentimental dork.

I have a few favorites, since it was too hard to choose just one. They are, in no particular order:

1. Coda - Dunno why I love it so damn much, but this is my very favorite episode of all time. I think it has to do with the fact that we really see Kathryn as a person and not a command persona. I always get all teary at the scene in the mess hall. Poor purple-mouthed Harry.
2. Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy - The scene in the briefing room where Kathryn slides the Doctor's hand down to her butt . . . I've never been more jealous of a hologram than I am when I watch that scene.
3. Relativity - I loved that Seven of Nine (who's not my most favorite character, to be honest) stepped up and saved Voyager so readily. Plus, I love when she and Kathryn meet in the corridor and she gets the captain to trust her. It's just adorable.
4. Deathwish, The Q and the Grey, Q2 - I just love Q. I mean, he's such an omnipotent bully and Kathryn's always putting him in his place. They're sorta cute together, if I do say so myself.
5. Lineage - This is (sadly) the first episode that I found myself liking B'Elanna. Don't get me wrong, Extreme Risk and Barge of the Dead were really great episodes, but I didn't connect with B'Elanna until Lineage. It showed such a protective side of her, while really and truly showing how vulnerable she is.
6. Timeless - I'm not a huge fan of Kim-centered or Chakotay-centered episodes but this one was really well done and showed the pair's dedication to doing what had to be done for the sake of their crew. Plus, gray hair does wonders on Chakotay's sex appeal. >.>
7. Bride of Chaotica - Arachnia. 'Nuff said.

Yeah, there's a fair number of episodes that I adore but those are my top seven. I have a huge crush on the Janeway/Chakotay pairing, but I'm a freak and love Janeway/Seven and Janeway/EMH too. Weird, I know. But really, I could pair her with anyone (aside from Tuvok or Neelix, that's just too much) and I'd be a happy fangirl.

Oh, and Teacake? That Timeless video was amazing. I've watched it four times now and have to go watch that episode again because of it. Also, gray hair. Yum.
Ryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 09:57 AM   #25
teacock
Admiral

All her videos are great stuff. My favorite ever is this 7 video she did, captures so much.

You should check out the fanvid thread sticked at the top of the forum, some great things there.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 3 2013, 10:10 AM   #26
CorporalClegg
Admiral

teya wrote: View Post
There was some big to-do about how Voyager was the one show they'd all get together in the residence and watch as a family every week. Mulgrew often tells the of how Hillary wrote her several letters and had her guest-speak at some gatherings Clinton hosted as First Lady.
Old April 3 2013, 12:39 PM   #27
Ryn
Ensign

All her videos are great stuff. My favorite ever is this 7 video she did, captures so much.

You should check out the fanvid thread sticked at the top of the forum, some great things there.
You're my new favorite person ever. I can't even . . . I'm dying at the epicness of it all.
Old April 3 2013, 12:42 PM   #28
teacock
Admiral

This forum is SO epic.. no seriously, it is. You just have to filter out the occasional nasty haters, the whole BBS has had a binge of them lately. I don't mind the funny haters.. because you can poke 'em and they poke back.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 3 2013, 12:47 PM   #29
Ryn
Ensign

This forum is SO epic.. no seriously, it is. You just have to filter out the occasional nasty haters, the whole BBS has had a binge of them lately. I don't mind the funny haters.. because you can poke 'em and they poke back.
I lurked for a long while before deciding to make an account, but I almost didn't because of the ridiculousness of some people on here. I've seen a lot of hating across the board, not just on Voyager (though Voyager certainly got a lot of hate . . .) and it put me off for a while. I have to say, I'm glad I came to see the light and that an account was easy to acquire. It's refreshing to have knowledgeable people (such as yourself) to speak to.
Old April 3 2013, 01:21 PM   #30
teacock
Admiral

Well if I ever say anything that sounds hateful it's because I'm taking the piss, don't take me too seriously. Unless it's about TATV.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne