MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old March 26 2013, 07:54 PM   #16
Tracer Bullet
Lieutenant

Re: CSI: Star Trek!!!!

I'd rather see Starfleet Medical starring Diana Muldaur as the crusty but lovable head, Dr. McCoy's granddaughter as head of surgery (played by Sarah Chalke), and Janeway as the janitor after her court martial for genocide.
Old April 2 2013, 02:04 PM   #17
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Re: CSI: Star Trek!!!!

Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
I do like the idea of doing something different with Trek, other than just another deep space mission, but a CSI-style show in the 24th century wouldn't really have much build up. Technology and alien abilities takes away from building up much suspense.

ACT 1: Scene 1
Commander Murphy, Lieutenants T'Pell and Oxaal arrive on the site of a brutal murder, a human woman lies in a pool of her own blood. T'Pell opens her tricorder and takes a scan.

T'PELL: Sir, I am detecting Bolian DNA fragments. Their level of degredation indicates that the individual was present at the time of the murder.
MURPHY: Compare it to the Federation DNA database.
T'PELL: Uploading now. [Seconds later] I have his identity. He has a criminal record for assault and attempted murder on Bolarus.
MURPHY: Murphy to transporter room. Lock onto his signal and beam him to the brig. [Looks at Oxaal] Let's put your Betazoid abilities to the test and then we can put this case to bed.

END

Ok, very over-simplified, but in a time when technology can do whatever the writers need it to do in order to tell a story, it doesn't leave much wiggle room for proper cop-show elements.
BFD, says I. Besides, 'proper cop-show elements' are crap anyway. We need more sci-fi, and anything that gets it on TV is good.

Anyway, what we really need (well, what young people who like Star Trek really need) is a Starfleet Academy show, maybe one that's animated. That will get the young folks to like Star Trek more than yet another show set aboard a ship or a space station.

Last edited by Shaka Zulu; April 3 2013 at 05:58 AM.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote