Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 1 2013, 04:38 PM   #1951
J.T.B.
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

PKerr wrote: View Post
I took the "Tink" sound as the gun hitting the ground as it sounded (on my ba@ss surround sound system) heavier than a shell.
Hmm. It definitely didn't sound heavy or solid enough to put me in mind of a six-inch .357 hitting the floor. I will have to listen again to the on-demand ep.
J.T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 04:38 PM   #1952
Worf2DS9
Writer

^ I was actually more surprised none of the guys waiting outside the room flinched when the shot rang out, since no one knew precisely when it would happen. Maybe they've become so desensitized to the sound of gunfire, the sound just doesn't register anymore on that kind of level.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 04:40 PM   #1953
Pingfah
Admiral

I was really looking forward to seeing the Governor brutally killed.

Next season perhaps.
Old April 1 2013, 04:42 PM   #1954
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Administrative office or the Warden's office. You can always find office supplies in the desks.
I suppose.
A highlighter is at least something I could see being left behind when the Apocalypse hits. "Grab all the guns, ammo, medicene, food and highlighters you can find!"
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 04:45 PM   #1955
Neroon
Mod of balance

Re: "CLEAR" SUCKED

Whettestone wrote: View Post
Neroon wrote: View Post
Whettestone wrote: View Post

It's a statue of a cat. Thanks for playing.
There really is no need for further discussion. Saying "gay" in that context is not exactly complimentary. If you would like to keep playing, please cease from using the word "gay" in this manner.

Comments to PM.
And that goes for everyone else as well, there is no need to prolong the matter.
LOL, I just found out you gave me an infraction like, one month ago.

The reason you quote: Questioning someone's intelligence like that is a clear-cut flame. I also see you CHOSE to ignore your friend Kestrel just 10 posts above me telling me "I'm laughing at the superior intellect." which is questioning my intelligence and is a clear-cut flame. But I guess because he's your friend and/or it's a Star Trek quote, it's okay for him to do it to me.

What I don't see in the FAQ or anywhere is an explanation about what that "point" in my PM is suppose to mean. And since I don't come here too often, I guess it doesn't mean anything. You could try to explain it to me, but I probably wouldn't see it until July.
Infraction for ignoring the standard instruction of "Comments to PM".

Comments to PM.
(whoa... deja vu)
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 05:26 PM   #1956
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

A highlighter is at least something I could see being left behind when the Apocalypse hits. "Grab all the guns, ammo, medicene, food and highlighters you can find!"
OK. Well, they also most have manicurists in Woodbury and left over toe nail paint because Andrea's feet were very well 'kept,' for living so long in the woods.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 05:26 PM   #1957
propita
Rear Admiral

My impressions:

Carl: While his logic is a bit chilling, it has merits. The boy was NOT putting down his gun, but apparently handing it over. Had Carl reached for it, the boy could've either thrust it forward or pulled it (and Carl) back, making Carl lose his balance and aim.

Andrea: She was being naive, but maybe that was good for her, "fight the good fight" and all. After all, she had been a civil rights attorney. But in the world of TWD, she was naive and wrong.

Daryl/Merle: Here I was afraid that he'd shut himself off, but he recognized that Merle had indeed killed all those Woodbury men (because who'd've thought the Governor would kill them) and so redeemed himself. Merle became the man Daryl had hoped, but it cost Merle his life. That's why I think Daryl destroyed Walker Merle so hard--to destroy to monster that Redeemed-Merle had become. And Daryl realized that he could not go it alone.

Rick: He should recognize the validity of Carl's logic, but teach him to temper it. We don't have to see the conversation, but a reference to it--mention the hiker, Michonne, the refugees, etc.

Glen/Maggie: Great team! They didn't do too much here, but they're great together.

Herschel: I think he misread the confusion Carl was in.

Carol/Beth: They BOTH killed walkers! Go Beth! Nice to see that she can step up when needed.

Michonne: Fantastic character and actress.

Tyreese: Please let a brother live on this show! I'm just afraid his character will overlap Herschel's too much.

Tyreese's sister: What is her name? I like how she's practical and willing to stand her ground.

Refugees: So few? That's it? Less than a dozen? There were 72 people there, I thought more were non-fighters than that. I guess the Governor had pulled EVERYONE with him. And, yes, I would've stripped Woodbury of all resources, or secured them.

Woodbury Army: Oh, man! What a massacre! Literally! I thought there were a lot more going into the prison. And still the numbers don't add up. 72 people. Five (I had thought six) dead in Rick's raid; another 8 by Merle; plus Tyreese and his sister, leaving 61. Maybe a dozen refugees at most, and the Governor, Martinez, and the other guy, leaving 46. But the Governor didn't kill 46. I'm a bit confused on the count. Oh, glad Allan (Ben's father) bit it; he should have fired.

Martinez/Other guy: Why they didn't kill the Governor on the spot, I assume was due to shock. Now they've tied themselves to a crazy man. Guilt alone will compel them to follow him.

Governor: He is crazy! He bit off Merle's fingers--though he didn't eat them, he has become a living walker. I think he's going to take potshots at the prison next season.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 05:51 PM   #1958
the G-man
Commodore

Anyone else think that Mazzara was fired/left as showrunner because he wanted to end the governor/prison arc at the end of this season and the producers didn't? It sure seemed like things were set up to the point where the storyline should have concluded and now we have another season of him/it.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 06:17 PM   #1959
Ethros
Vice Admiral

I do wonder what I'd think if I hadn't read the comics, as I really can't help but compare it when I watch it.
But as it, colour me majorly unimpressed with Season 3.5
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 06:31 PM   #1960
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

the G-man wrote: View Post
Anyone else think that Mazzara was fired/left as showrunner because he wanted to end the governor/prison arc at the end of this season and the producers didn't? It sure seemed like things were set up to the point where the storyline should have concluded and now we have another season of him/it.
That'd be a good bet. Continuing the Governor arc is a mistake considering that the character is barely a character; he's always been a messily written villain and I really don't think we need him sticking around any longer.
Old April 1 2013, 06:54 PM   #1961
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Yeah the Governor stuff is semi entertaining but (IMO) is getting stale, I hope they end it early in Season 4 and move on to something else.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 06:54 PM   #1962
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

sidious618 wrote: View Post

That'd be a good bet. Continuing the Governor arc is a mistake considering that the character is barely a character; he's always been a messily written villain and I really don't think we need him sticking around any longer.
Other than the backstory about his daughter Penny, he has about as much depth as your run of a mill Trek or Wars villian.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 07:03 PM   #1963
propita
Rear Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
OK. Well, they also most have manicurists in Woodbury and left over toe nail paint because Andrea's feet were very well 'kept,' for living so long in the woods.
That was commented on during The Talking Dead, too!
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 07:15 PM   #1964
davejames
Vice Admiral

PKerr wrote: View Post
Yeah the Governor stuff is semi entertaining but (IMO) is getting stale, I hope they end it early in Season 4 and move on to something else.
I agree it was getting stale, but having him die in the finale would have been way too predictable and expected, I think.

No matter how much it might piss people off, I'm kinda glad the writers decided to hold off on that a bit (as long as they don't keep him around through all of Season 4, which I agree would be too much).
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 07:33 PM   #1965
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

They should've killed him earlier this season and move on to a more interesting plot.