RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,665
Members: 24,816
Currently online: 464
Newest member: CapSmith

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old April 1 2013, 01:06 AM   #31
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN

But Janeway had method to her madness. Keeping the serial killer alive until she can unleash him on her enemies. Very clever!
Old April 1 2013, 01:07 AM   #32
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Her secret attack betazoid in the basement..

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 01:15 AM   #33
StarTrekSlut
Lieutenant Junior Grade

R. Star wrote: View Post
But Janeway had method to her madness. Keeping the serial killer alive until she can unleash him on her enemies. Very clever!
I know but its just WEAK! I mean... When the ferengi managed to take over the enterprise, Riker locked the ship out with his command codes. DATA was able to do this as well.... When the going gets tough, all Janeway can manage to do is BLOW UP THE DAMNED SHIP?!

...And PLEASE... someone explain to me how some delta quadrant aborigines WITH NO TRANSPORTER TECHNOLOGY manage to take over a ship by BOARDING it... Did it never occur to the starfleet tactical response team to mebbe beam over some anti matter onto the bridge of the enemy ships? how about a torpedo? Can someone say mother futking TRACTOR BEAM??

Janeway makes a great school marm but a poor leader.. guess which one we need 70 THOUSAND lightyears away from home..

-crim
StarTrekSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 01:47 AM   #34
Melakon
Vice Admiral

They went through so many hairstyle changes for Janeway in the early years, even Kate Mulgrew got sick of it. She must have had 6 or 8 different looks.
Old April 1 2013, 01:53 AM   #35
teacake
Admiral

The opening of that video starts with Mulgrew's lament on the topic.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 1 2013, 01:54 AM   #36
Dream
Admiral

Melakon wrote: View Post
They went through so many hairstyle changes for Janeway in the early years, even Kate Mulgrew got sick of it. She must have had 6 or 8 different looks.
Like I said... they should have had her bald from the start.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 02:03 AM   #37
teacake
Admiral

Yes well a lot of people think it was incredibly brave of TMP to have a bald female but I am not a fan. However a lot of that was the character who was a big fat zero to me. I do think we could have gotten that G.I. Joe look on Janeway mentioned earlier in this thread and it would have been "brave" and hot. But this was never going to happen.

How about Trek gives us this bald hot soldier lady as recurring character in JJverse, and she's a HUMAN not a "aliens are bald" alien. A mercenary would be nice.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 1 2013, 02:40 AM   #38
Melakon
Vice Admiral

G.I. Janeway
Old April 1 2013, 02:44 AM   #39
Dream
Admiral

Melakon wrote: View Post
G.I. Janeway
Nice one!
Old April 1 2013, 03:17 AM   #40
Pondwater
Commodore

I loved the "Bun of Steel".
Pondwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 03:18 AM   #41
teacake
Admiral

:: embraces Pondwater ::

Coffee?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; April 1 2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old April 1 2013, 03:42 AM   #42
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

Pondwater wrote: View Post
Haha Kate herself called it that many a time. I like the bun only because it was hot when the bun came down. I agree with Teacake...Season 4 hair was awesome.

@StarTrekSlut... not sure what to say about your posts except that I don't really like the idea of someone ONLY posting in a forum in which they are CLEARLY not fond of the series. I mean, not to sound stalkerish or anything, but your post history indicates that you have ONLY posted in the Voyager forum (aren't you a TNG/TOS/ or DS9 fan?), but all you have posted are complaints about the series and in particular about the characters' hairstyles. Ok, we all know that they didn't look perfect and that not every single decision she made was awesome. What series ever had a captain who was not flawed in some way?

If you have such a problem with how the show was made or how peoples' hair looked in it (which seems in and of itself a silly reason for disliking or liking a series and/or character and you seem to have some kind of preoccupation with it), why continually post in the Voyager section?

I think everyone has a right to have an opinion and I am FULLY aware that Voyager has its flaws. I love the show, but I am far from thinking that its perfect. But even if I didn't like one of the series...I would never deliberately go into... let's say the Enterprise section and start bashing the hell out of it just because it's not my favorite Star Trek series.

I mean I am sure you are probably a funny and cool person in real life and I am not saying I dislike you...but why rant only in the Voyager section when you clearly dislike the show? Am I missing something? I am just confused.
Old April 1 2013, 03:57 AM   #43
StarTrekSlut
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Luv, i guess i didnt mention.. I am rewatching Voyager. I just now started Season 3.

My biggest gripe is that.. After TNG redefined everything.. DS9 then took it to a whole new level, Voyager takes like 10 steps back! Its like they didnt learn ANY of the lessons of the previous two series..

So I am going to stick it out.. I want to see which voyager episodes I missed and if the writing gets better (hopefully wont be much worse)..

-crim

Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
Haha Kate herself called it that many a time. I like the bun only because it was hot when the bun came down. I agree with Teacake...Season 4 hair was awesome.

@StarTrekSlut... not sure what to say about your posts except that I don't really like the idea of someone ONLY posting in a forum in which they are CLEARLY not fond of the series. I mean, not to sound stalkerish or anything, but your post history indicates that you have ONLY posted in the Voyager forum (aren't you a TNG/TOS/ or DS9 fan?), but all you have posted are complaints about the series and in particular about the characters' hairstyles. Ok, we all know that they didn't look perfect and that not every single decision she made was awesome. What series ever had a captain who was not flawed in some way?

If you have such a problem with how the show was made or how peoples' hair looked in it (which seems in and of itself a silly reason for disliking or liking a series and/or character and you seem to have some kind of preoccupation with it), why continually post in the Voyager section?

I think everyone has a right to have an opinion and I am FULLY aware that Voyager has its flaws. I love the show, but I am far from thinking that its perfect. But even if I didn't like one of the series...I would never deliberately go into... let's say the Enterprise section and start bashing the hell out of it just because it's not my favorite Star Trek series.

I mean I am sure you are probably a funny and cool person in real life and I am not saying I dislike you...but why rant only in the Voyager section when you clearly dislike the show? Am I missing something? I am just confused.
StarTrekSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 04:04 AM   #44
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

StarTrekSlut wrote: View Post
Luv, i guess i didnt mention.. I am rewatching Voyager. I just now started Season 3.

My biggest gripe is that.. After TNG redefined everything.. DS9 then took it to a whole new level, Voyager takes like 10 steps back! Its like they didnt learn ANY of the lessons of the previous two series..

So I am going to stick it out.. I want to see which voyager episodes I missed and if the writing gets better (hopefully wont be much worse)..

-crim

Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post

Maybe you will enjoy seasons 4-7 when Seven of Nine comes in and has a pretty important role.
Old April 1 2013, 04:09 AM   #45
Dream
Admiral

I've never liked the bun. It made her look like a pissed off librarian.

It'll take the season 4 short hairdo over that any day!