Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 31 2013, 09:45 AM   #1876
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Re: "CLEAR" SUCKED

Whettestone wrote: View Post
doubleohfive wrote: View Post
"Clear" SUCKED.
The back door was unlocked too, as that's how Michonne went back in to get her gay cat statue which she just whipped out of nowhere.
Really the only thing I object to in your overlong post is the use of the word "gay" as a pejorative. We're all --yes, even you-- better than that and it would be a LOT easier to consider what you have to say if you could tone down the vitriol and the needless swipe against a whole subset of our population in the real world just because you don't like something that happened on a tv show in a fictional world.
That's a cat statue. Not a person. Thanks for playing.
The statue is irrelevant to the pejorative which is a swipe at homosexuals.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 09:48 AM   #1877
Whettestone
Captain

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Where did you get these screen captures?
One Video shows the Episode Running Time to be 49 minutes, and the other shows 54 minutes. They seem to be in sink for the first 44 minutes which is the actual running time of the show, so I wonder what's the remaining 5 to 10 minutes of the video was?
Whettestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 09:51 AM   #1878
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
Indeed, and it shouldn't be allowed on TrekBBS.
Old March 31 2013, 10:06 AM   #1879
Whettestone
Captain

davejames wrote: View Post
wissaboo wrote: View Post
why do people expect so much reality in a show about zombies?
Oh it's not a dealbreaker or anything. But even in a fantasy or horror show like this, there are moments sometimes that strain credibility a little too much.

Especially when that show tries so hard to pretend that this is the real world it's taking place in.
I am being attacked for saying things like this. Those people seem to WANT it to be a cartoon, then call you stupid and say what you think doesn't matter when you point out intelligent questions. We're fighting an uphill battle for intelligent programming.
Old March 31 2013, 10:11 AM   #1880
Whettestone
Captain

doubleohfive wrote: View Post

Really the only thing I object to in your overlong post is the use of the word "gay" as a pejorative. We're all --yes, even you-- better than that and it would be a LOT easier to consider what you have to say if you could tone down the vitriol and the needless swipe against a whole subset of our population in the real world just because you don't like something that happened on a tv show in a fictional world.
It's a statue of a cat. Thanks for playing.
Old March 31 2013, 11:40 AM   #1881
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 12:58 PM   #1882
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Related point: In the Future of Trek forum (and in other posts) Christianity is attacked, but no one champions the elimination and/or censorship of that kind of language. If one form of "offensive" language has to go, it all needs to go.
Old March 31 2013, 02:00 PM   #1883
EmoBorg
Captain

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Related point: In the Future of Trek forum (and in other posts) Christianity is attacked, but no one champions the elimination and/or censorship of that kind of language. If one form of "offensive" language has to go, it all needs to go.
just like corporations are not persons, religion is not a person or persons. You can change companies or the religion you are in but you cannot change your sexuality or race as it is innate and personnal. religions are not people but corporations that promote and sell spritual products and services. They are also idealogies and like any idealogies, they deserve to be treated as such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRfc3ybbPg

Last edited by EmoBorg; March 31 2013 at 02:19 PM.
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 02:14 PM   #1884
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

EmoBorg wrote: View Post
just like corporations are not persons, religion is not a person or persons. You can change companies or the religion you are in but you cannot change your sexuality as it is innate and personnal. I reserve the right to attack all religion as they are not people but corporations.
Christianity is the basis of a faith and its associated teachings, not a corporation, and is as personal to its believers as any part of the inner self. However, if you insist on attacking it, then do not cry when gay people are treated with the same open disrespect you show here.

This is not "PC world--only when it suits my agenda," so if you open the door to hate, do no be surprised if it comes your way. Balance of the universe.
Old March 31 2013, 02:33 PM   #1885
EmoBorg
Captain

just like corporations are not persons, religion is not a person or persons. You can change companies or the religion you are in but you cannot change your sexuality as it is innate and personnal. I reserve the right to attack all religion as they are not people but corporations.
Christianity is the basis of a faith and its associated teachings, not a corporation, and is as personal to its believers as any part of the inner self. However, if you insist on attacking it, then do not cry when gay people are treated with the same open disrespect you show here.

This is not "PC world--only when it suits my agenda," so if you open the door to hate, do no be surprised if it comes your way. Balance of the universe.
i was born in a very religious family and i was very religious growing up.But now i consider all religion as nothing more than idealogies and cults. I understand where you are coming from. But religion can be changed or abandoned even. It is not personnal. It is a form of brainwashing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRfc3ybbPg

Last edited by EmoBorg; March 31 2013 at 02:58 PM.
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 05:47 PM   #1886
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

i was born in a very religious family and i was very religious growing up.But now i consider all religion as nothing more than idealogies and cults. I understand where you are coming from. But religion can be changed or abandoned even. It is not personnal. It is a form of brainwashing.
Just as you say that in bold, there is no absolute research stating that being gay is not--for some--a matter which can be considered born of nurture, rather than nature.

It is not personnal. It is a form of brainwashing.
Faith is beginning of it all, which is within the mind and soul, while religion is the vehicle of translation regarding that belief, teaching and history. To even refer to it--in your blanketing, offensive manner--as brainwashing (and not personal) drips of hatred/agenda, or misinformation. Take your pick.
Old March 31 2013, 05:52 PM   #1887
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Fuck faith.

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 06:22 PM   #1888
Caligula
Vice Admiral

I'm sorry, but wasn't this supposed to be a thread for The Walking Dead?
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 06:30 PM   #1889
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

It's a statue of a cat. Thanks for playing.
Do you really not see the problem with what you wrote? Are you really that dense or just so stubborn it doesn't matter?

Even through my own storied experience with your usual spiel, I might be willing to consider what you're saying, but your attitude is just seething with hatred and bigotry. And I don't have time for that shit.

Thanks for playing.
Old March 31 2013, 07:16 PM   #1890
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

Just as you say that in bold, there is no absolute research stating that being gay is not--for some--a matter which can be considered born of nurture, rather than nature.

It is not personnal. It is a form of brainwashing.
Faith is beginning of it all, which is within the mind and soul, while religion is the vehicle of translation regarding that belief, teaching and history. To even refer to it--in your blanketing, offensive manner--as brainwashing (and not personal) drips of hatred/agenda, or misinformation. Take your pick.
what a remarkable lack of awareness. To say something so offensive that drips of hatred/ agenda and then to accuse someone of the same thing almost in the same breath.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote