Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old March 30 2013, 01:49 PM   #31
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Re: One Two Eight Ten

The DWM article that reported this also says other casting is a closely guarded secret, so people can continue to hope for classic Doctors for a while yet.

Apparently DWM is only out this early because of a distribution error, and has accidentally scooped a planned BBC announcement. The GB news page is, ridiculously enough, bowing to a DWM/BBC request not to report the casting until the official announcement.
Old March 30 2013, 02:04 PM   #32
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
Apparently DWM is only out this early because of a distribution error, and has accidentally scooped a planned BBC announcement.
Accident or no, I've no doubt that Tom Spilsbury's received an earful from Cardiff today.

The GB news page is, ridiculously enough, bowing to a DWM/BBC request not to report the casting until the official announcement.
GB's efforts to curry favor amuse me because they're so pointless.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30 2013, 02:05 PM   #33
captain crow
Fleet Captain

Location: Onboard a sliver dog bone shaped satellite in Earth orbit

Sindatur wrote: View Post
It's a shame Tennant is the one who hasn't aged, because I suspect, since it's Rose, it will be her Meta-crisis Doctor, not the Timelord who Regenerated into 11. That would allow for no explanation necessary for the aging.
She can still pull off a series 2 era Rose.
Old March 30 2013, 02:08 PM   #34
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Apparently DWM is only out this early because of a distribution error, and has accidentally scooped a planned BBC announcement.
Accident or no, I've no doubt that Tom Spilsbury's received an earful from Cardiff today.

The GB news page is, ridiculously enough, bowing to a DWM/BBC request not to report the casting until the official announcement.
GB's efforts to curry favor amuse me because they're so pointless.
The best part is that they posted just to say, "DWM was early, something big is in it but we won't tell you what," guaranteeing that the ten people who didn't already know would go and find out. But since the BBC has evidently decided to rush an official announcement, the news page has updated now: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/03...o-star-in.html. The original "no news here!" post is still up, complete with title typo, for the moment: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/03...-spoliers.html.
Old March 30 2013, 02:09 PM   #35
The Wormhole
Admiral

captain crow wrote: View Post
It's a shame Tennant is the one who hasn't aged, because I suspect, since it's Rose, it will be her Meta-crisis Doctor, not the Timelord who Regenerated into 11. That would allow for no explanation necessary for the aging.
Ptovided she doesn't talk with that weird lisp she had in her season 4 appearances.
Old March 30 2013, 02:12 PM   #36
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

I seriously hope there are some classic series Doctor Who actors in this special celebrating the anniversary of the classic series. Otherwise what the fuck is the point?

I'm fine with 10 and Rose as long as we ALSO get 4 and Leela or Romana II, 5 and Tegan, 6 and Peri, as well as 7 and Ace.

Seeing 7 and Ace together again would make me forgive all other casting sins.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30 2013, 02:12 PM   #37
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Ptovided she doesn't talk with that weird lisp she had in her season 4 appearances.
In Piper's defense, she had had her teeth fixed (which changes the airflow through the mouth), and she had forgotten how to do Rose's accent.

Honestly, I chalked the changed voice up to Rose's time on Pete's World. It's a different planet, language and accents would be different there, and Rose would have unconsciously picked that up.

allyngibson.net
Old March 30 2013, 02:16 PM   #38
The Wormhole
Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
In Piper's defense, she had had her teeth fixed (which changes the airflow through the mouth), and she had forgotten how to do Rose's accent.

Honestly, I chalked the changed voice up to Rose's time on Pete's World. It's a different planet, language and accents would be different there, and Rose would have unconsciously picked that up.
Well, I didn't mind that much, and by Journey's End I got used to it. But it sure was distracting while watching Turn Left.
Old March 30 2013, 02:16 PM   #39
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Itssshhhh the darknessshhhh Donnerrrrrrr.....
Old March 30 2013, 02:25 PM   #40
Lonemagpie
Writer

Atticus wrote: View Post
Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
The latest issue of DWM confirms Tennant and Billie Piper for the 50th, as well as John Hurt.
10 and Rose, big fuckin woop...
That's the spirit!
Oh, I can totally understand why Rose is in - she's the first viewpoint character of Nu Who. And Ten was hugely popular, but is basically... too recent. I mean, his episodes are on a permanent loop on Watch, so he doesn't really feel like a past Doctor, you know...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30 2013, 02:29 PM   #41
Atticus
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via AIM to Atticus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Atticus Send a message via Yahoo to Atticus

Based on nothing more than the fact it would probably be the easiest to do I imagine it'll be DocTen and Rose during their S2 adventures.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30 2013, 03:14 PM   #42
Lonemagpie
Writer

Based on nothing more than the fact it would probably be the easiest to do I imagine it'll be DocTen and Rose during their S2 adventures.
There's so much we don't know that if they got Eccles back she could actually be with him, and Ten alone or with Martha or Donna.

Too early to tell how the logistics will work.

Old March 30 2013, 03:23 PM   #43
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Really hope that now RTD and Collinson are gone, Eccleston gives thought to at least agreeing to a cameo for the special. He's New Who's Hartnell, a huge reason the show's still going so strong.
Old March 30 2013, 03:32 PM   #44
Lonemagpie
Writer

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Really hope that now RTD and Collinson are gone, Eccleston gives thought to at least agreeing to a cameo for the special. He's New Who's Hartnell, a huge reason the show's still going so strong.
^ Is that Maisie Williams as someone other than Arya Stark in your av? I don't recognise the costume...

Old March 30 2013, 03:35 PM   #45
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
DalekJim wrote: View Post
^ Is that Maisie Williams as someone other than Arya Stark in your av? I don't recognise the costume...
No, DalekJim's avatar is Jenna-Louise Coleman from "The Snowmen." I think that's the scene where she's left the alehouse, poshed up, and gone to the gothic pile and is waiting to go inside.

allyngibson.net