Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 26 2013, 06:50 PM   #136
jayceee
Commander

Re: Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

Last night's episode was kinda confusing at first.

Had to watch the episode a second time, to figure out what was going on.
jayceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 04:56 PM   #137
Top41

Yeah, it was definitely confusing. I didn't like it enough to watch it again, but there were definitely things I missed.
Old March 27 2013, 06:54 PM   #138
SAndrews10
Captain

Me too. When I'm watching a show and I pickup my phone to check my twitter feed, that's a bad sign!
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 09:58 PM   #139
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

CBS renewed 18 shows today and Hawaii 5-0 was one of them: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/27/cbs-renews-18-shows
Old March 27 2013, 11:03 PM   #140
jayceee
Commander

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
CBS renewed 18 shows today and Hawaii 5-0 was one of them: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/27/cbs-renews-18-shows
With CBS looking to the off-network syndication market, renewing Hawaii Five-0 for a fourth season would be a no brainer. Even if the show ends up being dumped onto Friday night.

IIRC, off-network syndication requires something like a minimum of 88-100 episodes to be viable for daily reruns. At the moment, there's already 66 or so episodes. Just need another 22 to reach 88.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_episodes

Last edited by jayceee; March 27 2013 at 11:14 PM.
jayceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 05:05 PM   #141
Top41

So happy the show got renewed! But really hoping it doesn't get sent to Friday night. I know Blue Bloods has done okay there, but meh, Friday night is just not a great night for TV. I feel like if it gets sent there, CBS is probably indicating this will be the show's last year.
Old March 30 2013, 01:39 AM   #142
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

shivkala wrote: View Post
I always love playing, "Spot the product placement," because it's always so blatant. "Here's a Windows 8 phone, kid, click on this LIVE TILE® and you'll be instantly connected to us," is only slightly less blatant than their actual commericals, "Why, yes, I'm Will Arnett."

Still, nothing will be the avocado discussion about the Subway sandwich from last episode.

Overall, this past episode was not as strong, in my opinion, than previous episodes. I do agree that they needed to schedule things differently. We had two "Steve and Dan" get kidnapped episodes (the boat episode and the girl scouts episode) not too far apart.

On a different note, the female voiceover for Target, that plays before the clip of the scene from the boat episode sounded very familiar. I finally figured that it sounds exactly like Jack Carter's smart house, S.A.R.A.H. on Eureka, which would be fine and all, but actor Neil Grayston voices S.A.R.A.H. (it was even a plot point that they recognized that it was his character's voice, made feminine, because Sarah Michelle Gellar never responded to his request).
Marc wrote: View Post
shivkala wrote: View Post
I always love playing, "Spot the product placement," because it's always so blatant. "Here's a Windows 8 phone, kid, click on this LIVE TILE® and you'll be instantly connected to us," is only slightly less blatant than their actual commericals, "Why, yes, I'm Will Arnett."
yeah these product placements for the Surface have been pretty blatant and not just on Hawaii 5-0 either - they've been showing up on NCIS:LA (can't recall if I saw one on NCIS) - don't think they are quite so blatant with with product placement.
cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
The award for least subtle product placements have to go to Bones, where at least one episode per season contains a driving scene where one of the characters extolls at length either the environmental friendliness of the Toyota hybrid they're driving, or some sort of high-tech option available in said Toyota.

All of these remind me of the old radio shows which would mention a product during a the course of an episode (e.g. 'Good thing I paid my Verizon bill this month-I need to make a call to alert the Crimson Lobster now!')
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30 2013, 01:49 AM   #143
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Star Wolf wrote: View Post
Friday does seem to be the retirement home for shows building up episodes for their syndication deal that are not paying off the current network run during the rest of the week. It is still a step above being burned off on Saturday night. I would rather see Friday and more episodes then a cash out when they try something else against Castle and Revolution

This sounds a lot like the old Sunday morning graveyard slot that CBS and ABC consigned their cartoons to back in the 1970's when said cartoons didn't do well or were about to be wrapped up.
Old April 16 2013, 04:44 PM   #144
Top41

Did anyone else catch last night's episode? It was a nice change of pace, though I missed the carguments. But it was cool to see the mission that led up to the pilot, and to get some backstory on McGarrett's time in the Navy. Too bad they couldn't get Norman Reedus back!
Old April 16 2013, 04:56 PM   #145
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

North Korea, again. It is getting hard to believe that McGarrett has went across the most militarized border in the world three times already. I was never stationed in Korea but are there little hick border villages on the DMZ?
Old April 17 2013, 05:23 AM   #146
Gil T.Azell
Rear Admiral

Michelle Borth as Catherine is the reason I watch.shes freaking Hot.
Old April 17 2013, 06:24 AM   #147
Top41

Star Wolf wrote: View Post
North Korea, again. It is getting hard to believe that McGarrett has went across the most militarized border in the world three times already. I was never stationed in Korea but are there little hick border villages on the DMZ?
Yeah, it is getting to be a bit much! I expected Danno to throw a fit when he found out Steve was going back in to get his friend's body. I'm surprised Kono was the only one to say anything.

On another topic, check this out! Steve and Danno won best bromance in a TV Guide fan poll. Awwwwww!
Old April 18 2013, 06:42 AM   #148
Immolatus
Captain

Top41 wrote: View Post
Friday night is just not a great night for TV.
true I'm drunk on most fridays
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Immolatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2013, 07:03 AM   #149
Top41

Immolatus wrote: View Post

I'm usually out on Fridays--I feel like a lot of people are. Or if they're home, they're not watching TV. I like to watch Hawaii 5-0 live, but I'm not going to stay home every Friday to do that.
Old April 19 2013, 03:24 AM   #150
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Immolatus wrote: View Post

I'm usually out on Fridays--I feel like a lot of people are. Or if they're home, they're not watching TV. I like to watch Hawaii 5-0 live, but I'm not going to stay home every Friday to do that.
I'm home every Friday night, for very old personal reasons; also, due to a certain condition, I'm not a sociable person. So, I don't have problem watching TV on Friday nights (some Fridays, I'll go to a movie.)