Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 28 2013, 03:52 AM   #796
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 04:16 AM   #797
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

I wanna see the armor he built to fight Megatron in the New Avengers/Transformers crossover a few years back.
Old March 28 2013, 06:27 AM   #798
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

I just wish Hasbro didn't f--k up the toys for this movie as bad as they did. I'd love to have little 3.75" versions of these on my shelf. I already have a nice little Hall of Armor from Iron Man 2 and Avengers - they really kinda of dropped the ball here.

But I do think that Hulk Buster armor is bigger - but more along the size of Iron Monger I think - but not as massive as the comics Hulk Buster armors. Although it's conceivable that he could be wearing a thinner armor like a variant of the Mark 5. But I think probably his legs go where the legs go, but the arms are more inside the "torso"
Old March 28 2013, 02:28 PM   #799
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Finally have confirmation as to what armor this one is. I kept thinking it was the excavation suit
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 05:07 PM   #800
davejames
Vice Admiral

Nick Ryder wrote: View Post
I just wish Hasbro didn't f--k up the toys for this movie as bad as they did. I'd love to have little 3.75" versions of these on my shelf. I already have a nice little Hall of Armor from Iron Man 2 and Avengers - they really kinda of dropped the ball here.
I know. What the hell is up with these latest action figures with no articulation? Do they really think kids (let alone collectors) are gonna want these cheap looking things?

Obviously it's a cost-cutting thing, and they assume enough parents will snap these up for their kids without looking, but still. It's sad how the toy companies don't even seem to be trying anymore.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 05:29 PM   #801
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post

I know. What the hell is up with these latest action figures with no articulation? Do they really think kids (let alone collectors) are gonna want these cheap looking things?

Obviously it's a cost-cutting thing, and they assume enough parents will snap these up for their kids without looking, but still. It's sad how the toy companies don't even seem to be trying anymore.

It's too bad the only figures that get 6 inch figures are the Mark 42 and Iron Patriot movie version

The rest get shafted to 3.75 inch build a figure

Old March 28 2013, 06:40 PM   #802
Anwar
Vice Admiral

To think, the blatant consumerism/toy-selling actually makes sense within the series for once.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 07:20 PM   #803
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

The build-a-figs look very poor quality. I've seen them at the Wal-Mart and they seem to lack the most basic articulation... The IM2 series were great, aren't they doing more of those?

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 07:40 PM   #804
Pavonis
Commodore

davejames wrote: View Post
Nick Ryder wrote: View Post

Well, kids will play with anything, so what will they care? And I thought collectors never opened up the packaging anyway, so what would be the point of articulating a toy that will never be opened?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 08:17 PM   #805
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Anwar wrote: View Post
To think, the blatant consumerism/toy-selling actually makes sense within the series for once.

I know Batman isn't widely known for his "hall of suits" but it would be funny the Batman movies took a page from Marvel.

Who wouldn't want to see Aqua-ninja-sonar-ski Batman on screen?

Closes we got was a sonar suit in "Batman Forever" and Batman's slimmer suit in "The Dark Knight"
Old March 28 2013, 10:42 PM   #806
Dream
Admiral

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
I know Batman isn't widely known for his "hall of suits" but it would be funny the Batman movies took a page from Marvel.

Who wouldn't want to see Aqua-ninja-sonar-ski Batman on screen?
Not sure if you are serious or not, but "Batman & Robin" was primarily made to sell toys. That's why it was so horrifically bad.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 02:18 AM   #807
Dream
Admiral

I hope they signed the actor that plays the new President for 10 films. I still get a bit of a whiplash with the president change so quickly from X2 to X3.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 02:54 AM   #808
Skywalker
Admiral

That's William Sadler. And yeah, I hope they signed him to a multi-picture deal, too. It'd be awesome to see him make an appearance in Captain America.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 02:29 PM   #809
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Holy crap you mean Agent Sloan is the President!?! Section 31 controls the White House?!
Old March 29 2013, 03:18 PM   #810
USS Firefly
Commander

So that's how Section 31 started!!?!?!
USS Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote