MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 26 2013, 08:08 PM   #1831
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

wissaboo wrote: View Post
or not. Every vehicle they try has a live battery in it. You would think once in a while they would get in one that has a dead one.
It is only a year after the start of the ZA. A car battery will function for months--or in some cases--years after the car was abandoned. I've started up old cars that sat in my garage for quite some time, and did not require a jump.
Old March 26 2013, 08:17 PM   #1832
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
or not. Every vehicle they try has a live battery in it. You would think once in a while they would get in one that has a dead one.
It is only a year after the start of the ZA. A car battery will function for months--or in some cases--years after the car was abandoned. I've started up old cars that sat in my garage for quite some time, and did not require a jump.
I bought a $200 battery for my motorhome last summer and went to start it a couple weeks ago. Not only was it dead but it can't be recharged. That's what made me think of it
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 10:36 PM   #1833
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Yeah, that final scene was a killer. Poor Daryl. And he really had some great lines in this episode: "This ain't us, man." "I ain't saying that was the wrong thing to do, but this is the right thing to do." I wonder if this will effect his relationship with Rick at all.
I doubt it. Rick changed his mind and Merle was simply...being Merle.
And Daryl knows that second part better than anyone else. No reason to hate Rick for it.
I certainly hope that's the case. I don't want to see a rift between Rick and Daryl.
Old March 26 2013, 11:58 PM   #1834
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
I bought a $200 battery for my motorhome last summer and went to start it a couple weeks ago. Not only was it dead but it can't be recharged. That's what made me think of it
Yeah, well, just remember to keep a spare radiator hose handy.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 01:28 AM   #1835
EmoBorg
Captain

I actually wanted the cast of the Walking Dead to do a Harlem shake video like the cast of Supernatural did or at least get the actors who portray the zombies to do a Harlem shake video in their make up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fy4cqWMhyI
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 01:45 AM   #1836
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

When I was a kid we had a jeep that we ran for weeks without a battery. It did help to park facing downhill for when we had to push start it.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 02:09 PM   #1837
Dream
Admiral

Interview with The Walking Dead's Michael Rooker on Merle's Death
Old March 27 2013, 03:39 PM   #1838
PKerr
Rear Admiral

"a fate The Governor (David Morrisey) bestowed upon his former right hand man"

former right hand man Get it, get it?
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 02:52 AM   #1839
the G-man
Commodore

I am catching up on season two of justified right now. I just got to the episode where the actor who plays Hershel played a bank robber on that show. Kind of cool watching him play a badass.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 03:00 AM   #1840
Dream
Admiral

the G-man wrote: View Post
I am catching up on season two of justified right now. I just got to the episode where the actor who plays Hershel played a bank robber on that show. Kind of cool watching him play a badass.
You mean Hershel isn't a badass on TWD?
Old March 28 2013, 03:30 AM   #1841
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

Pavonis wrote: View Post
They would only stumble over a dead battery if it were a plot point, or to put the characters in jeopardy.
Maybe the car batteries ARE dead... and the zombie affliction just jumped from humans to car batteries...
Old March 28 2013, 03:34 AM   #1842
the G-man
Commodore

Turd Ferguson wrote: View Post
Pavonis wrote: View Post
They would only stumble over a dead battery if it were a plot point, or to put the characters in jeopardy.
Maybe the car batteries ARE dead... and the zombie affliction just jumped from humans to car batteries...

the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 05:03 PM   #1843
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Andrew Lincoln in an interview says in season finale, 27 people will die.

NBC news

For the season finale, Lincoln promises, there will be blood. "Twenty-seven people die," he says. "It's safe to say it is all hands to pumps. It's a crazy season finale." It's a good bet that among those 27 casualties will be some central figures in the cast. Part of "The Walking Dead's" mojo is its willingness to dispatch even its most beloved characters. "The reality is nobody is safe," says Morrissey. "But that's the ticket we bought." Next season, Kirkman says, viewers should expect changes. "We're not going to slow things down, but if I had a criticism of season three, it would be that we didn't focus on character development," he says. "We're going to try to step it up a notch in that department." He points to "Clear," one of the most well-received episodes this year, which focused on a road trip by Grimes, his son, Carl, and the samurai-sword-wielding warrior Micchone, as a template for the coming shifts in tone: 'We're going to focus on fewer characters per episode." Not coincidentally, "Clear" was written by new showrunner Gimple. Lincoln has had some discussions about where his character will go from here, but as he puts it, "I can't disclose any of them because they will kill me."
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 05:06 PM   #1844
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Andrew Lincoln in an interview says in season finale, 27 people will die.

NBC news

For the season finale, Lincoln promises, there will be blood. "Twenty-seven people die," he says. "It's safe to say it is all hands to pumps. It's a crazy season finale." It's a good bet that among those 27 casualties will be some central figures in the cast. Part of "The Walking Dead's" mojo is its willingness to dispatch even its most beloved characters. "The reality is nobody is safe," says Morrissey. "But that's the ticket we bought." Next season, Kirkman says, viewers should expect changes. "We're not going to slow things down, but if I had a criticism of season three, it would be that we didn't focus on character development," he says. "We're going to try to step it up a notch in that department." He points to "Clear," one of the most well-received episodes this year, which focused on a road trip by Grimes, his son, Carl, and the samurai-sword-wielding warrior Micchone, as a template for the coming shifts in tone: 'We're going to focus on fewer characters per episode." Not coincidentally, "Clear" was written by new showrunner Gimple. Lincoln has had some discussions about where his character will go from here, but as he puts it, "I can't disclose any of them because they will kill me."
Well the change in direction sounds encouraging. They need more character development. As to killing people off, I don't really have a problem with it except for the fact that they aren't replacing the characters with anyone we care about. They are going to run out of characters pretty soon.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 06:06 PM   #1845
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

My guess is we should say goodbye to Hershel, Beth and Judith.

Carol is safe because they just took someone from Daryl.

Glenn and Maggie will have their happiness shattered when Maggie loses the last of her family (and it set up things for Maggie's next step in the comics)

Rick and Carl as central to the story, and unless either wants to leave the show, I see them as safe too.

Michonne and Andrea will survive so Michonne can continue to be pissed at Andrea's poor judgement.

Tyreese will survive, maybe not his sister.. and they can hook him up with Michonne.

"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote