Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 28 2013, 03:12 PM   #226
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Re: 20 YEARS AGO TODAY: "But I'm Not Even Supposed to BE Here Today!"

I need to see Cop Out just to see how "bad" it is, and also to get another perspective on Kevin's "Evening With" rants on it. Though from them it seems like Bruce is a prima donna to work with and Kevin just wasn't nearly prepared for it, as well as working for a studio and something that wasn't his own script.

Never seen Jersey Girl and have no interest in seeing it and, yeah, a large part of that is the "Bennifer" thing.
Old March 28 2013, 04:08 PM   #227
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile

What's really distracting when you go back and rewatch Mallrats is when you notice that Brandi Svenning's dad is Merle from Walking Dead. Michael Rooker already had a bit of a rep for playing dark and dangerous roles all the way back in 1995 because he had starred in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, but now it's hard to see him doing anything but walking around with a missing right hand and stabbing zombies through the neck and head.

Honestly, it makes Jared Svenning more of a badass.

Don't give him the chocolate pretzel, Brodie....he'll tie you to a chair and beat you.

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 05:51 PM   #228
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Aldo wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
I hadn't heard about Jeremy London, what was his malfunction?
He kept forgetting his lines, like all the time.
And Kevin made a passing comment on the Mallrats commentary that Jeremy was often stoned while on set.
Toxteth O´Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 05:56 PM   #229
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, during the Mallrats 10th anniversary panel discussion featuring most of the actors both Jeremy and Kevin basically came out and said that London was stoned out of his gourd on the set of the film. At one point Jeremy jokingly compares what he was smoking to whatever Jason Mewes was doing at the time.

Considering how baked he was I'd say Jeremy London's performance as T.S. is pretty damn good and convincing. He hit most of his marks and created a sympathetic character and straight man for Jason Lee's antics as Brodie.

Old March 29 2013, 12:02 AM   #230
Starkers
Admiral

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
What's really distracting when you go back and rewatch Mallrats is when you notice that Brandi Svenning's dad is Merle from Walking Dead. Michael Rooker already had a bit of a rep for playing dark and dangerous roles all the way back in 1995 because he had starred in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, but now it's hard to see him doing anything but walking around with a missing right hand and stabbing zombies through the neck and head.

Honestly, it makes Jared Svenning more of a badass.

Don't give him the chocolate pretzel, Brodie....he'll tie you to a chair and beat you.
What's more amazing is that Michael Rooker doesn't actually appear to age, a bit like Adam Baldwin...
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 12:15 AM   #231
Aldo
Admiral

Yeah, during the Mallrats 10th anniversary panel discussion featuring most of the actors both Jeremy and Kevin basically came out and said that London was stoned out of his gourd on the set of the film. At one point Jeremy jokingly compares what he was smoking to whatever Jason Mewes was doing at the time.
Did it seem like they buried the hatchet then? I know Kevin didn't care for him afterwards. Which kind of sucks, I would have loved to see T.S. show up in "Strikes Back" perhaps hanging out at the Stash with Brodie.
Old March 29 2013, 12:39 AM   #232
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Rooker hasn't seemed to age a day since Mallrats. There might be a few new facial wrinkles here and there, but if he shaved his head bald he'd probably still look just like Jared Svenning.

Svenning should make an appearance in Clerks 3. Rooker should hook up with Kevin to revive the character after almost 20 years and show what happened after he and his production assistant Roddy (Scott Mosier) finished their stint in jail following the Truth or Date fiasco. I've always wanted to see more Svenning and see him scheme against somebody else besides Brodie and T.S.

As per Kevin and Jeremy London patching things up, the anniversary discussion panel did make mention that it had been the first time Kevin had seen or done anything with him "in many years," so I don't know if they completely patched things up or he was just making the appearance as a favor for the movie's fans. It didn't make clear the state of their relationship in 2005.

Old March 29 2013, 12:45 AM   #233
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

What's amazing to me is how Willam Black seems to shed 100 pounds and lose about the same number of IQ points inside of a day or two.
Old March 29 2013, 12:49 AM   #234
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Kevin once described the phenomenon as "The Willam of Two Worlds Theory." Same guy. Two different universes. They trade places over the course of a two-day period.

Originally Scott Mosier wanted to reprise the role in Mallrats but Ethan Suplee cracked Kevin up so much during his audition that Smith said: "It won't make any sense and will just confuse people, but I want Ethan to play Willam. We'll explain it later if anyone asks."

Old March 29 2013, 01:08 AM   #235
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Kevin once described the phenomenon as "The Willam of Two Worlds Theory." Same guy. Two different universes. They trade places over the course of a two-day period.

Originally Scott Mosier wanted to reprise the role in Mallrats but Ethan Suplee cracked Kevin up so much during his audition that Smith said: "It won't make any sense and will just confuse people, but I want Ethan to play Willam. We'll explain it later if anyone asks."
Oh, I know, I've heard the "Willam of Two Worlds" thing before it's still a bit of an oddity. (IIRC, the Mallrats Willam shows up during the "finger-cuffs" explanation/flashback in Chasing Amy.)
Old March 29 2013, 01:20 AM   #236
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, Kevin occasionally does something because he thinks it'll be funnier and better for his movie, not because it'll make any logical sense in the context of his Askewniverse.

Willam played by two radically different-looking people who don't behave alike....a big, demonic poop monster that rises from a men's room toilet....Dame Judi Dench playing Dante Hicks in a film. It's all part of the wild and woolly world that is Kevin Smith. Thinking too much about it just gives a person a migraine.

Old March 29 2013, 02:16 AM   #237
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

[...] here's about three minutes of the eight-minute "Lost Scene." Enjoy. The entire unedited thing used to be posted on YouTube, but I can't seem to find it.
This isn't on YouTube, but I found the Lost Scene here.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 02:37 AM   #238
Aldo
Admiral

Dame Judi Dench playing Dante Hicks in a film. It's all part of the wild and woolly world that is Kevin Smith. Thinking too much about it just gives a person a migraine.
While it's just a random throwaway line in "Strikes Back" you bringing it up here made me actually imagine it. It's hilarious picturing dame Judi Dench behind the counter screaming "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

If Judi Dench is Dante, Daniel Craig should be Randall. I would give all my appendages but my eyes to see that play out onscreen.
Old March 29 2013, 02:39 AM   #239
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

[Daniel] "You ever wonder how much a jizz mopper makes, Ma'am?

I mean Dante.

Bloody hell." [/Daniel]

Old March 31 2013, 06:34 AM   #240
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
I've driven passed the "dirt mall", the flea market in new brunswick, growing up, but never went to it. That's the closest I've been to a filming location that I am aware of. Even though we live in NJ, my family never ventured south all that far, we stuck with the northern corner. And family was all north in NY and west in PA so...

I would like to visit the stash at some point, though.
Is that Collingwood? Walt (fanboy) and Bryan (Steve-Dave) have a great podcast and they did an episode on that place---> Makin' Hay