RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,892
Posts: 5,222,848
Members: 24,234
Currently online: 581
Newest member: evtclub

TrekToday headlines

De Lancie Joins Mind Puppets
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Cumberbatch One Of Time Magazine’s Most Influential
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Trek Actor Smithsonian Magazine Cover First
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Takei To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Yelchin In New Comedy
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

U.S. Rights For Pegg Comedy Secured
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 25 2013, 01:13 PM   #16
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

Lance Reddick would be awesome as Moves-With-Burning-Grace.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 03:00 PM   #17
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore
 
Jackson_Roykirk's Avatar
 
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

Ensign_Redshirt wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ Which former Trek/Fringe actors are left, other than Michelle Krusiec?
Well, Clint Howard appeared on Fringe. Which probably means a Clint Howard cameo in the next Trek movie is pretty much inevitable.
Stop it! Clint Howard's "Balok" was so creepy that I had nightmares about him for several weeks after I first saw "Corbomite Maneuver" (and I'm not talking about the puppet head).
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 03:03 PM   #18
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore
 
Jackson_Roykirk's Avatar
 
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

This may be slightly off topic....

...But there was once a rumor that someone was going to do a big-screen remake of Gerry Anderson's "UFO", with Joshua Jackson (from Fringe) in the role of Colonel Paul Foster (which would have been a/the lead role)

UFO is a show that should get a quality big-screen treatment.
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 03:08 PM   #19
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
Ensign_Redshirt wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ Which former Trek/Fringe actors are left, other than Michelle Krusiec?
Well, Clint Howard appeared on Fringe. Which probably means a Clint Howard cameo in the next Trek movie is pretty much inevitable.
Stop it! Clint Howard's "Balok" was so creepy that I had nightmares about him for several weeks after I first saw "Corbomite Maneuver" (and I'm not talking about the puppet head).
Try watching Ice Cream Man, it'll bring a whole new level of creepiness to Clnt Howard for you
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 07:27 PM   #20
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
Ensign_Redshirt wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ Which former Trek/Fringe actors are left, other than Michelle Krusiec?
Well, Clint Howard appeared on Fringe. Which probably means a Clint Howard cameo in the next Trek movie is pretty much inevitable.
Stop it! Clint Howard's "Balok" was so creepy that I had nightmares about him for several weeks after I first saw "Corbomite Maneuver" (and I'm not talking about the puppet head).
AH-HA-HA-HA-HA!
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 03:10 AM   #21
Awesome Possum
I've Rebooted Myself
 
Awesome Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Someplace Shiny
View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
This may be slightly off topic....

...But there was once a rumor that someone was going to do a big-screen remake of Gerry Anderson's "UFO", with Joshua Jackson (from Fringe) in the role of Colonel Paul Foster (which would have been a/the lead role)

UFO is a show that should get a quality big-screen treatment.
It could probably make a decent show if done right. Maybe play up the organ harvesting aspect and have some horror.
__________________
The accumulated filth of all their posts and flames will foam up about their avatars and all the attention whores and trolls will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and I'll look down, and whisper "lulz."
Awesome Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 03:26 AM   #22
lurok
Commodore
 
lurok's Avatar
 
Location: Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

^Indeed.

Of the Banzai cast, Clancy Brown has done ENT but not sure if Fringe. And I'm amazed neither Carl Lumbly or Goldblum have done either.
__________________
"Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job"
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 03:30 AM   #23
Awesome Possum
I've Rebooted Myself
 
Awesome Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Someplace Shiny
View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

Goldblum would have been perfect on Fringe.
__________________
The accumulated filth of all their posts and flames will foam up about their avatars and all the attention whores and trolls will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and I'll look down, and whisper "lulz."
Awesome Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 12:44 PM   #24
edshrinker
Ensign
 
Location: Pinehurst, NC
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
Orci & Kurtzman also got Weller in Hawaii 5-0
I think they got him to do it after STID.

Anyway, how about an Anna Torv underwear Trek scene?

Only if she is done up like future Bolivia.
edshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 07:27 PM   #25
Grant
Fleet Captain
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

about two dozen actors from Fringe had previously appeared in various Treks.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30 2013, 04:00 AM   #26
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: The casting of Peter Weller (and Leonard Nimoy) in Abrams Trek

Awesome Possum wrote: View Post
Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
This may be slightly off topic....

...But there was once a rumor that someone was going to do a big-screen remake of Gerry Anderson's "UFO", with Joshua Jackson (from Fringe) in the role of Colonel Paul Foster (which would have been a/the lead role)

UFO is a show that should get a quality big-screen treatment.
It could probably make a decent show if done right. Maybe play up the organ harvesting aspect and have some horror.
And have Neal McDonough as Ed Straker. You KNOW you want it.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.