MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 25 2013, 07:18 PM   #661
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Originally I assumed she was Wendy, but with how the Dragon knew that her grandmother meant that much to her, she might be Wendy's granddaughter instead. Though I suppose Alice's granddaughter works, too, and would explain why Neil didn't really mention any familiarity with her looks yet.

Of those two options, Alice's story is really the only one that would lead me to think of someone becoming obsessed and bitter about those experiences, and passing that on to their children.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2013, 09:17 PM   #662
sojourner
Vice Admiral

^They're doing a spin off show with Alice, so unless it's going to cross over with 60's earth, I doubt she could be the granddaughter.
Old March 25 2013, 11:18 PM   #663
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

This means that her motivations have to have been triggered by something that could plausibly have happened here, in the 'land without magic'.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 02:13 AM   #664
JD
Admiral

js wrote: View Post
I'm guessing they just couldn't keep Eion Bailey as recurring due to some scheduling issue, which is a shame. It was great to have him back, even in wooden puppet form. And I'm so glad Tamara is evil. LOL Sad but true, I'm now rooting for Neal/Emma. Though I may change my mind about that when Hook inevitably returns to flirt with Emma. LOL

I'm curious about who The Dragon really was though - an escapee from the EF through some other means separate from the curse? Neal likely wasn't the first person to land on earth from the EF. Someone had to write that OUAT book...
I was wondering if he was from the realm on the other side of the Chinese looking door that we saw in the hat. Or maybe from where ever Mulan came from originally.
Old March 26 2013, 03:50 AM   #665
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
^They're doing a spin off show with Alice, so unless it's going to cross over with 60's earth, I doubt she could be the granddaughter.
No they are not. The creators have said they have no plans for a spinoff right now.

The episode was horrible. I felt like I was watching LOST. The characters were stupid, and it jst didn't feel like the old fun show I loved.
Old March 26 2013, 04:29 AM   #666
sojourner
Vice Admiral

^When did that change? As of last week it was the big story that it would be a limited run series that would fit in between seasons of OUAT.
Old March 26 2013, 05:18 AM   #667
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Really? I have never heard that, and I follow the TV news.

It came out weeks ago that they were going to do a spinoff with The Mad Hatter, but the actor is busy so they would recast. Someone asked the creators of the show, weeks ago, about it and they said they have no plans for a spinoff at this time, that it is too soon.

Maybe they were lying, or changed their mind again.
Old March 26 2013, 05:49 AM   #668
Aragorn
Admiral

DigificWriter wrote: View Post

This means that her motivations have to have been triggered by something that could plausibly have happened here, in the 'land without magic'.
Any chance Tamara could be an existing non-fairy tale character completely messed up by having been sucked into a fairy tale world and now is out for blood? Like Alice or even Dorothy?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 06:51 AM   #669
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Any chance Tamara could be an existing non-fairy tale character completely messed up by having been sucked into a fairy tale world and now is out for blood? Like Alice or even Dorothy?
Not according to Mitovich.

Old March 26 2013, 07:49 AM   #670
sojourner
Vice Admiral

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Really? I have never heard that, and I follow the TV news.

It came out weeks ago that they were going to do a spinoff with The Mad Hatter, but the actor is busy so they would recast. Someone asked the creators of the show, weeks ago, about it and they said they have no plans for a spinoff at this time, that it is too soon.

Maybe they were lying, or changed their mind again.
Yep, your data is old.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...-in-wonderland
Old March 26 2013, 09:41 AM   #671
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Tamara is very interesting. Somebody from this dimension who is either a scientist or has access to cutting edge labs and techs who is obsessed with finding magic-- and has plans for it somehow. She's involved with Owen, but did his obsession trigger hers or do they just have a common interest?

The Dragon must be from Chinese folklore, but how did he end up on Earth like that?

I loved how Mary Margaret went out into the woods on a literal guilt trip and ended up giving August a pep talk. On the other hand, that smack she gave Gepetto seems to be foreshadowing....
Old March 26 2013, 10:53 AM   #672
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Given that Tamara was portrayed in a pretty sinister light, it wouldn't be out of the question for her to be using Greg/Owen just like she's using Neal.

I really like where the writers are going with Snow and this 'darkness on her heart' thing. It strikes me as being somewhat of a callback in some ways to the darker personality the writers briefly gave her after she drank Rumple's 'forgetfulness' potion.

Old March 26 2013, 08:21 PM   #673
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Aragorn wrote: View Post
DigificWriter wrote: View Post

Or, again because of the connection to the photograph and how much it meant to her as determined by the Dragon, she's the granddaughter of such a character. Wendy is still the top candidate for me.

And yes, that would make her both a completely original and completely human character, too.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 10:32 PM   #674
propita
Rear Admiral

Evidently, there is a Disney character called "Tamara." I didn't know of her because I haven't bothered too much with Pirates of the Caribbean.

She's a mermaid and according to the link, also called The Mermaid Queen. Ursula, anyone? Skin color and features aren't the same, but...

Disney wiki

Last edited by propita; March 26 2013 at 11:03 PM.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 07:01 AM   #675
JD
Admiral

Yeah, but none of the characters who have in our world for an extended period of time (other than Regina) haven't used their fairy tale name.