A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 26 2013, 03:05 PM   #1816
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
I was thinking it might be more interesting to keep the Governor alive. How would you handle someone like that, imprison them? Execute them? Exile?
He has already proven he would be a great zombie, he likes gnawing on people when they are still alive.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 03:05 PM   #1817
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

PKerr wrote: View Post
Good episode.

The parallels between the show and the comic are pretty close at times just in a different order and different people.

For instance I predict the same fate will befall Beth and Judith the same way it did with Lori and Judith in the comic with next week's events.

I hope the season finale ends the Governor's story line as to me it's dragging on too long.

I think Woodbury with be the Comic's Alexandria.
Please Use spoiler code for Spoilers, many of us haven't read the comics.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?

Last edited by Sindatur; March 26 2013 at 03:17 PM.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 03:22 PM   #1818
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Good episode.

The parallels between the show and the comic are pretty close at times just in a different order and different people.

For instance I predict the same fate will befall Beth and Judith the same way it did with Lori and Judith in the comic with next week's events.

I hope the season finale ends the Governor's story line as to me it's dragging on too long.

I predict, I hope and I think are spoilers?
Just because an event happened in the comic doesn't mean it will happen on the show.

For instance the whole Morgan story was barley even the same as what happened in the comic.

AND if you haven't read the comic then how can you be spoiled if you have no idea what happened in them?
Old March 26 2013, 03:48 PM   #1819
Caligula
Vice Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I was disappointed in Rick for deciding to give up Michonne, but at least he ultimately made the right decision and did it on his own.
Yeah, I would have thought he'd realized already from his face-to-face with the Governor that giving up Michonne would change nothing.

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
I was thinking it might be more interesting to keep the Governor alive. How would you handle someone like that, imprison them? Execute them? Exile?
Terminate with the most extreme prejudice imaginable! Shane was considered too dangerous to live.... and he hadn't committed anywhere close to the kinds of atrocities that the Governor has without even blinking. As long as the Governor lives, even if he is in captivity there is always the threat of his escaping and causing more harm to other people. This isn't like chasing Saddam Hussein out of town and then, out of sheer dumb luck, finding him hiding in a foxhole out in the middle of nowhere some weeks later.

I'm talking about capturing and disarming him (literally, with Michonne's kitana) and then feeding him to the walkers. Don't even bother putting a bullet in his head. That's far too merciful for him. Just stand back and let him scream as the walkers tear the flesh off his bones. Then maybe, if there's enough of his brains left to trigger reanimation, you let Glenn or Daryl turn on their hardcore mode and smash the Governor's skull in.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 03:49 PM   #1820
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

IMDB has a tidbit about the season finale
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 03:51 PM   #1821
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Good episode.

Just because an event happened in the comic doesn't mean it will happen on the show.

For instance the whole Morgan story was barley even the same as what happened in the comic.

AND if you haven't read the comic then how can you be spoiled if you have no idea what happened in them?
You just spit out that Lori and baby died together in the comics, with no warning whatsoever, that's a spoiler.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 03:55 PM   #1822
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 04:01 PM   #1823
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Interview with Gale Anne Hurd.

Some interesting stuff. David Morrissey was recommended to them by Andrew Lincoln. They planned to bring Morgan back earlier but couldn't because of the actor's availability. There aren't any spoilers for the finale.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 04:08 PM   #1824
PKerr
Rear Admiral

You just spit out that Lori and baby died together in the comics, with no warning whatsoever, that's a spoiler.

Psst... just so ya know, Lori is already dead and the baby didn't die with her.

AND I never said they died, for all you know their fate was to fall in a big pile of cow shit.

Thanks for spoiling it for us all that they die together in the comic, can you use a spoiler tag next time?

Last edited by PKerr; March 26 2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old March 26 2013, 05:42 PM   #1825
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Caligula wrote: View Post
Vendikarr wrote: View Post
That will be great!
Old March 26 2013, 06:09 PM   #1826
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

so in all that discussion about the gas going bad and becoming unusable, did anyone bring up that all the batteries in these abandoned cars are going to be dead?
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 06:14 PM   #1827
Pavonis
Commodore

Presumably not all the cars were abandoned at the same time. It's just that our characters always stumble upon a vehicle that's still usable because it was only recently abandoned.

For instance, some of the walkers at the motel where Merle hot-wired the car may have been recently using that car, when they succumbed to something or other.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 06:17 PM   #1828
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

Pavonis wrote: View Post
Presumably not all the cars were abandoned at the same time. It's just that our characters always stumble upon a vehicle that's still usable because it was only recently abandoned.

For instance, some of the walkers at the motel where Merle hot-wired the car may have been recently using that car, when they succumbed to something or other.
or not. Every vehicle they try has a live battery in it. You would think once in a while they would get in one that has a dead one.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 06:26 PM   #1829
Pavonis
Commodore

They would only stumble over a dead battery if it were a plot point, or to put the characters in jeopardy.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 06:29 PM   #1830
PKerr
Rear Admiral

wissaboo wrote: View Post
so in all that discussion about the gas going bad and becoming unusable, did anyone bring up that all the batteries in these abandoned cars are going to be dead?
All those cars have Diehard batteries