New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old April 3 2011, 07:17 PM   #136
Merky
Captain

Re: Worst Star trek actor ever

lurok wrote: View Post
Ro_Laren wrote: View Post
To be honest, one of my least favorite main character acts was Scott Bakula. I know he is supposed to be a good actor, but I hated his portrayal of Archer.
I felt the same too (initially) and was one of factors that put me off ENT. But year ago saw the mirror two-parter and thought he was quite good. So gave the series another shot, and although still not my favorite actor or capt, quite enjoyed him off-and-on throughout the run.
Yeah, from whatever little I did see of ENT, I thought he did camped up the role. But the whole mirror Archer schizophrenic scenes were really interesting in that Mirror Darkly episode.

Though, even in that episode, his whole " grawrras im an evil XO trying to get some respect " came off more like whinny jock that wasn't getting what he wanted than legit.
Old April 3 2011, 11:42 PM   #137
Ro_Laren
Commodore

^ To be honest, I did not care for his acting in the two mirror episodes.
Ro_Laren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2011, 12:23 AM   #138
scottydog
Admiral

View scottydog's Twitter Profile

Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
I'll go by series:

TOS - William Shatner. His sentence construction and delivery really bugs the hell out of me.

TNG - Diana Muldaur. She was awful. A cheap knock-off of McCoy.

DS9 - Don't have any, loved the series and the cast.

VOY - Robert Beltran. It was obvious he didn't want to be there. Should have killed him off, promoted Tuvok and made Ayala the new Security Chief!

ENT - Jolene Blalock. Her method of doing controlled emotions was just a trout-pout. The character I didn't mind, but her delivery was weak in some places.
I agree with everyone on this list except for Shatner, who IMHO played Kirk to near perfection. The only problem I had with the Shat was the occasional ridiculous karate chop, especially the one he delivered to the Gorn.
scottydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2011, 12:07 AM   #139
janeway59
Lieutenant

I have to say that the worst regular series actress is Jennifer Lein (Kes) I've been through the Voyager series several times and each time I go through it, she gets more annoying.
Old April 5 2011, 04:23 PM   #140
Danny99
Vice Admiral

janeway59 wrote: View Post
I have to say that the worst regular series actress is Jennifer Lein (Kes) I've been through the Voyager series several times and each time I go through it, she gets more annoying.
She started out brutal, but got better. I'd rather have kept her over Wang or Beltran.
Old April 5 2011, 06:40 PM   #141
AJBryant
Fleet Captain

Danny99 wrote: View Post
I'd rather have kept her over Wang or Beltran.
Ditto.

Actually, I thought she was cute as a button, and, to be honest, she was the only reason I could bring myself to watch the show. I think I've seen *maybe* six or seven post-Kes episodes.
Abba Anthony [St. Anthony the Great] said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.' " -- Wisdom of the Desert Fathers
AJBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 02:39 AM   #142
Rom's Sehlat
Fleet Captain

"Cute as a button"? I thought her hairdo was very bizarre: not just on her, but for everyone who wears that hairdo. It's a good thing my opinions don't mean anything for people!

I did find the character of Kes a bit ironic. It seems you can't have a good Trek series without its token telepath who can detect things the others (and the computer) can't.
Rom's Sehlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 05:57 AM   #143
KJbushway
Commodore

Yeah. She was cuter when she was a bad guy(literally). It sounds weird, but the cute innocent crap wasn't what I saw in one of her movies later after I watched Voyager.
KJbushway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 06:19 AM   #144
Trilliam
Captain

munwai wrote: View Post
Ethan Phillips. I suppose he's technically not the worst actor, but I can't stand Neelix.

Eric Bana as Nero: "Hello, Christopher." Easily the most frustrating line of Star Trek for me. The line was completely out of place; the pacing, the inflection, everything. It detracted from the tense scene and I couldn't stop thinking about it afterward.
I loved Eric Bana's delivery of that scene.
Trilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 06:24 AM   #145
Shatnertage
Rear Admiral

View Shatnertage's Twitter Profile

How about the woman who played Tincoo in VOY: "Virtuoso?" She made Beltran look like DeNiro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlOTRxt-dIw
Shatnertage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2013, 09:34 PM   #146
Corat Damar
Cadet

The kids from the tng show "Disaster".
Corat Damar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2013, 01:44 PM   #147
foxhot
Fleet Captain

Majel Barrett. The Barbara Bosson/Sage Stallone/Sheila Matthews of STAR TREK. We are now orbiting the planet of Nepotismo.
foxhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2013, 02:19 PM   #148
Use of Time
Commodore

Mistress Biata from "Angel One" anyone? Her buddy that defected with Ramsey was pretty awful as well. Come to think of it Ramsey was pretty bad too.
Old March 25 2013, 02:47 PM   #149
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

George Takei. Atrocious actor who reacts to anything by looking confused or giving a shit eating grin.

Nasty person and shameless media whore too. Has milked almost 50 year old quarrels on set and his own sexuality endlessly for tabloid exposure. Feels like he should be constantly in the public eye because he had a minor role in a 60s action show. Obsessively jealous that far more talented actors get more recognition than he should be getting for saying "Aye sir!" every 3 episodes.

His comeuppance thankfully eventually came. After bitching about Shatner's acting for years he made an embarrassing tit out of himself in his Voyager episode with a performance that wouldn't be passable in a school Christmas play. Wonderful. Loathsome human being. The Paris Hilton of Star Trek. He'd do anything to become a bit more famous.

Runner up is Eric Bana as Nero but at least he has given great performances elsewhere.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2013, 02:59 PM   #150
Avon
Fleet Captain

takei isn't a good actor, but to describe him as a 'loathsome human being' just makes you sound mental. and if he's always a bad actor, how is that one voyager episode a comeuppance? more like being consistant.

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote