CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 23 2013, 04:29 PM   #841
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: They are going ahead with a Justice League movie

Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 07:34 PM   #842
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Who really wanted him as Hal Jordan GL in the first place?

This is only a positive bit of news is it not?
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 08:02 PM   #843
Nagisa Furukawa
Commander

Simple solution: pull a Justice League cartoon and bring in John Stewart. Distances itself from the 2011 film, emphasizes that a "Green Lantern" is more like an intergalactic cop than one superhero's identity, allows for a more stern figure than contrast with the more light-hearted Flash, and of course, adds some diversity. Sorted.
Old March 23 2013, 08:50 PM   #844
sojourner
Admiral

John Stewart? that fake news guy?
Old March 23 2013, 09:27 PM   #845
Dantheman
Lieutenant Commander

JD wrote: View Post
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
Have they ever considered or asked Bruce Timm to get involved with live action DC movies?
Does Timm do live action? If so I would love to see this.
I think Warner Bros. has always maintained a "Let the cartoon people do their thing, and we'll do our thing" when it comes to live-action projects.

It's also pretty telling back when Batman and Robin was released, they delayed the direct-to-video animated Sub-Zero movie (which also had Mr. Freeze and Batgirl) several months because Sub-Zero was a better movie than B&R, and WB didn't want to be upstaged by an "inferior"
project. This is even more galling when you realize there was B&R merchandise released that has the movie characters done up in an animated style!
Dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 10:03 PM   #846
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

Nagisa Furukawa wrote: View Post
Simple solution: pull a Justice League cartoon and bring in John Stewart. Distances itself from the 2011 film, emphasizes that a "Green Lantern" is more like an intergalactic cop than one superhero's identity, allows for a more stern figure than contrast with the more light-hearted Flash, and of course, adds some diversity. Sorted.
Not to mention that it gets rid of one uninteresting character and replaces him with a more interesting one.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2013, 05:37 AM   #847
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Replacing who plays the green lantern is one of the easiest things a "Justice League" movie could do. They have 3 human choices

Kyle Rayner

Jon Stewart

Guy Gardner
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2013, 10:11 AM   #848
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Or they could drop Green Lantern and not use him at all. His movie was a flop, the character isn't well known and his powers will eat the cgi budget and in return we'll either get silly constructs or a collection of green shields, beams or bubbles.

I still want the big three plus Cyborg and Zatanna.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2013, 01:18 PM   #849
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

I really think an Iron Man type of character like Cyborg would only reinforce the you copied Avengers crowd with the general audience. Would much rather have John Stewart on the team as GL.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2013, 02:35 PM   #850
Christopher
Writer

Dantheman wrote: View Post
I think Warner Bros. has always maintained a "Let the cartoon people do their thing, and we'll do our thing" when it comes to live-action projects.

It's also pretty telling back when Batman and Robin was released, they delayed the direct-to-video animated Sub-Zero movie (which also had Mr. Freeze and Batgirl) several months because Sub-Zero was a better movie than B&R, and WB didn't want to be upstaged by an "inferior" project.
Just to clarify, though, "the cartoon people" are also Warner Bros., just a different division thereof. So it's not WB vs. someone else, but WB's live-action feature unit vs. their animation unit.

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Replacing who plays the green lantern is one of the easiest things a "Justice League" movie could do. They have 3 human choices

Kyle Rayner

Jon Stewart

Guy Gardner
Actually five, counting Jade and the new guy, Simon Baz.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2013, 04:36 PM   #851
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Takeru wrote: View Post
I want pants on the former and not on the latter...
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2013, 05:49 PM   #852
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Kyle Rayner

Jon Stewart

Guy Gardner
Why are we sticking with humans? Let's get really diverse.

G'Nort. Motion capture Jack Black. Done and done.

Bwah hah hah hah.
Old March 24 2013, 05:57 PM   #853
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Driq of Criq. Cash in on the zombie craze.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2013, 06:13 PM   #854
Nagisa Furukawa
Commander

Takeru wrote: View Post
Or they could drop Green Lantern and not use him at all. His movie was a flop, the character isn't well known and his powers will eat the cgi budget and in return we'll either get silly constructs or a collection of green shields, beams or bubbles.
That's a fair enough position, although I still think it's likely we'll see one of the GLs in one form or another.

Ehh, that's not really a line-up that's inspiring. Cyborg's an okay character, especially in the Wolfman/Perez NTT stuff, but I've never really liked this push in recent years to make him one of the Big Seven. Zatanna's good too, but I think introducing magic and a sorceress is going WAY too far for a first film, especially if this is going to include Bale's Batman or even Cavill's Superman. We're not quite in the age of Dr. Strange / Dr. Fate films quite yet where superheroes doing spells is no big deal. Introducing it with a minor character in a film introducing like 3-4 other new people is too much.

Just in general though, I think both are pretty low on my list of who'd I want to see in a JL movie. I'd like a line-up as close to the Big Seven as possible. Aquaman is (sadly) out-of-the-picture due to the perpetual mockery he's received from pop culture. J'onn could go either way; he's expendable, but if they decide to do White Martians, him hiding on Earth would make a great impetus for the team to come together. Supes/Bats/WW are a given. GL is likely although they'll definitely distance themselves from the 2011 film. And the Flash would make a great POV character, the likable, down-to-Earth, former police scientist, witnessing the gods around him.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I want pants on the former and not on the latter...
Hell no! If those are the two to be used, let's have some equal opportunity objectifying here. Zatanna in those fishnets, but Cyborg's bare legs for the ladies (and plenty men)...
Old March 24 2013, 07:32 PM   #855
Gojira
Commodore

Kyle Rayner

Jon Stewart

Guy Gardner
I liked the Green Lanter movie and I do not want to see Reynolds replaced. I think he himself played the character well.