Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 10 2013, 04:05 AM   #1
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

If it leaked... [Cain, Fisk, Adama and what if]

At the end of the Resurrection Ship 2, we saw that Cain and Adama were both prepared to kill the each other battlestar's leadership. Adama wanted to kill only Cain, while (in my view) far more indefeasible action Cain wanted to kill Adama's entire leadership staff (Tigh, Geata, Lee, etc... eventually President herself).

I've wondered if the fact that they were trying to take one another leaked (I assume either by Starbuck or Shaw, etc) by the time of Gaeta's rebellion... that could be why Pegasus crew mutinied against Adama.

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Old March 11 2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: If it leaked... [Cain, Fisk, Adama and what if]

I don't think there is any further explanation needed than what we got: Gaeta, Zarek, and the rest of the mutineers were pissed as hell that their supposed leaders were in bed with the Cylons. The Pegasus crew harbored a particularly strong enmity for Cylons, nurtured by Admiral Cain, which no doubt stuck around long after Pegasus herself was lost.

I don't see why their mutual assassination plots would ever be discussed again after both Cain and Adama declined to give the kill orders.
Old March 24 2013, 05:49 AM   #3
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

I've got to agree with Robert Maxwell; the knowledge of Cain and Adama's aborted dual assassination plans really wouldn't have had that big of an affect on the Pegasus crew's participation in Gaeta and Zarek's rebellion because they (the Pegasus crew) already had enough motivation to join the mutineers as it was and wouldn't have needed anything else to push them over the edge.
Old April 13 2013, 04:29 PM   #4
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

So you don't think something like that could be the motivation to push them off the reservation?

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Old April 15 2013, 06:52 AM   #5
Awesome Possum
I've Been Rebooted

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum

Allying with the Cylons would be enough really. They have no reason to trust them other than lack of anyone else to trust. They all likely see the Cylon attack to be completely unprovoked after the Cylon War and possibly a Cylon plot to wipe out the last of humanity. They've gone through constant Cylon attacks for the last few years, many were likely on New Caprica and had to go through that ordeal and now some Cylons roll up with some story about a civil war and want to be friends. It would be like Hitler landing in Washington and asking for help fighting the other Nazis. They'd see it as an absolute betrayal.

You can't really blame them, they aren't working from the same knowledge of the audience where we know the rebel Cylons were the ones who didn't want to wipe them out. Plus the fact that Tigh was a Cylon and still the XO had to be rough. They knew Adama had a weak spot for Tigh, most had to be aware he is a drunk and Adama allows it. They could think that they used Tigh to trick Adama into allowing the Cylons to wipe them out.

If I were in the situation I can't say I wouldn't join in, unless I had an absolute trust in Adama's leadership and judgement.