Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 23 2013, 04:11 PM   #16
ElScoob
Fleet Captain

Re: Best and worst super team headquarters

I think the Justice League ground/satellite combo in its various incarnations (pre-New 52 comics, Young Justice, JLU) probably works best. If I had to nail down one favorite out of those it'd be the JLU Metrotower/Watchtower combo, probably due to the versatility and speed of deployment offered by the Trek style transporters (as opposed to the YJ Zeta tubes, needing a station on each end).

Outside of the practical question, I have a nostalgic fondness for the original JLA Satellite and the classic upside-down rocket ship Super-Hero Clubhouse of the Legion. The Moon-based Watchtower of Grant Morrison's JLA was pretty cool as well. And I think the futuristic Legion HQ of the classic Levitz/Giffen years--with its antigravity architecture, storage tesseracts, and tamed Computo to run the show was pretty awesome, too.

--g
Old March 23 2013, 05:29 PM   #17
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I've always loved The Hall of Doom, something about it like Black Manta and Lex Luthor's green-and-purple armored suits are cool no matter how objectively silly they might be.
I thought the Super Friends Hall of Doom sucked, with its shameless rip of the Darth Vader mask. But, Hanna-Barbera turned into such a hack company by that time, I should have expected rip-offs (like that pirate episode where the villains are using lightsaber clones).Then there's the interior--talk about a waste of space! The meeting room like the U.S. senate floor, leaving little room for whatever powered the thing.
Old March 23 2013, 06:46 PM   #18
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

ElScoob wrote: View Post
Outside of the practical question, I have a nostalgic fondness for the original JLA Satellite and the classic upside-down rocket ship Super-Hero Clubhouse of the Legion. The Moon-based Watchtower of Grant Morrison's JLA was pretty cool as well. And I think the futuristic Legion HQ of the classic Levitz/Giffen years--with its antigravity architecture, storage tesseracts, and tamed Computo to run the show was pretty awesome, too.
Yeah, the Levitz/Giffen Legion run is one of those times a group's HQ has really come alive for me. The story where it gets invaded by Computo (annual #1, "Monster in a Little Girl's Mind") is one of the best comics I've ever read.

I thought the giant headquarters the Canadian government built for Alpha Flight during Fabian Nicieza's run was really cool. Shame that when Scott Lobdell took over, he leaned heavily on the hoary and boring "the public hates superheroes" trope.
Old March 23 2013, 09:09 PM   #19
Dantheman
Lieutenant Commander

One thing about the Baxter Building/Four Freedoms Tower is that the Fantastic Four would conduct spacecraft launches from it....on a building situated in Manhattan!

I don't know much about New York's city codes, but I don't see this happening in real life. This is the kind of thing Bloomberg should be more worried about, rather than how much soda a person drinks.
Dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 09:11 PM   #20
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Dantheman wrote: View Post
One thing about the Baxter Building/Four Freedoms Tower is that the Fantastic Four would conduct spacecraft launches from it....on a building situated in Manhattan!

I don't know much about New York's city codes, but I don't see this happening in real life. This is the kind of thing Bloomberg should be more worried about, rather than how much soda a person drinks.
You save the city from a giant monster or two they give you some perks.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote