Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 22 2013, 07:53 PM   #46
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: NBC: Jimmy Fallon to replace Jay Leno in 2014

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Oh god... NBC is fucked.

Seth Meyers is looking into the 12:35 slot!

http://tvline.com/2013/03/22/late-ni...-jimmy-fallon/

Worst pick ever.
Disagree. I think Seth Myers would be great as a talk show host. He is personable, smart, and damn witty. His Week-End Update segments on SNL have been the best and most consistent (other than the Tina Fey/Amy Poehler era). I really hope this happens.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 09:34 PM   #47
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

Why would Conan even want to go back to NBC after the way he was treated? For that matter, why would NBC want Conan back after what happened? It would take a mighty powerful spin machine to undue that disaster. Leno and Letterman are past their prime, although I don't think Leno ever had a prime. I'll occasionally watch Conan or Jimmy Kimel, and if I'm up late enough I'll watch Craig Ferguson (who is the best, IMO). I doubt whoever takes over the Tonight show will interest me enough to regularly watch.
Old March 23 2013, 12:38 AM   #48
Mr Light
Admiral

Seth Meyers is much much better than Jimmy Fallon

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 01:25 AM   #49
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

If they go with Seth Meyers will they try to get Stefan as his sidekick?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 03:58 AM   #50
Mr Light
Admiral

Ha! I live for the Stefan appearances!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 04:13 AM   #51
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

I love Jimmy. It's too late for Conan to come back, he's already made his home on TBS, and I hope it works out well for him. He's my favorite late night host. Jimmy Fallon is pretty funny, though. He's a nice guy, young enough to appeal to the pop/media generation, and he's relatable. Also, he's rather adorable.

Now, Craig Ferguson is a really funny guy, but I think moving him to something like the Tonight Show would destroy what he has, just like I believe it damaged Conan to some degree. Like Conan, Craig Ferguson is at his best when he's playing it to the hilt.

As for Jay, while I still dislike what he did and how he did it, I hold no ill will towards him. Both he and David Letterman will be put out to pasture soon enough, so I figure if you like them, enjoy them while they're here.

I think Jimmy will be a fine replacement. I just hope The Roots make the move with him, because those guys are awesome.

"People are always looking for the single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet." - Temple Grandin
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 05:40 AM   #52
Death
Admiral

Oh god... NBC is fucked.

Seth Meyers is looking into the 12:35 slot!

http://tvline.com/2013/03/22/late-ni...-jimmy-fallon/

Worst pick ever.
More evidence that Lorn Michaels is taking over the late night blocks and driving out Leno?

I read somewhere that sources close to the Fallon camp said that while he gave nothing firm on the news about the change of hosts, he said that if it does happen he wants to bring on Conan as a guest.
Old March 23 2013, 05:57 AM   #53
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

Jimmy Fallon is forever classy.

"People are always looking for the single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet." - Temple Grandin
Brony Kingdom
Old March 23 2013, 06:18 AM   #54
Insp.LeStrange
Rear Admiral

As a humble unwashed viewer, in my opinion Drew Carey could do Johnny's show justice. He's really affable and that seems to be what that audience responds to, not the "inside" humor Dave helped usher in.

Not talking about edginess but sheer likability, and Drew's got that over all those wiseguys.

Myers is the best male SNL Weekend Update anchor since McDonald & Miller. Be interesting to see what he could do in another venue.

I know, I know, now it's all about The Whole Package™.
Insp.LeStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 06:28 AM   #55
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Triskelion wrote: View Post
As a humble unwashed viewer, in my opinion Drew Carey could do Johnny's show justice. He's really affable and that seems to be what that audience responds to, not the "inside" humor Dave helped usher in.

Not talking about edginess but sheer likability, and Drew's got that over all those wiseguys.

Myers is the best male SNL Weekend Update anchor since McDonald & Miller. Be interesting to see what he could do in another venue.

I know, I know, now it's all about The Whole Package™.
Eh, Drew's at home on The Price Is Right, and I don't see him going anywhere. It's a sweet gig. Plus, as much as I like Drew, his comedy isn't really that great. He can be funny sometimes, but to me it's much more hit and miss. He's not a great stand-up or improv guy, and that's what you need to hold the reins of the Tonight Show.

Brony Kingdom
Old March 23 2013, 10:06 AM   #56
Sheep
Vice Admiral

the G-man wrote: View Post
If anything, Conan might find a way to take over for Letterman someday.
I was under the impression Craig Ferguson taking over the Late Show once Letterman retires was unofficially a done deal. I love Ferguson but I'm afraid that might not end well given CBS's demographic. Same goes for Conan potentially taking over for Letterman.
Old March 23 2013, 04:51 PM   #57
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post
I'm not a fan of his show, but he's keeping his mouth shut about the whole thing, and I enjoy that. I think it would be great if his first tonight show has Conan come out and do the first few jokes of the monolog.

Drew Carey was going to host The Late Late Show, but Craig Ferguson was selected instead, and I'm very glad. I can't see Drew doing a good job at the desk long term. If you look around the internet you can see the five test shows they did.
Old March 24 2013, 09:08 AM   #58
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

I'm not a fan of his show, but he's keeping his mouth shut about the whole thing, and I enjoy that. I think it would be great if his first tonight show has Conan come out and do the first few jokes of the monolog.

Drew Carey was going to host The Late Late Show, but Craig Ferguson was selected instead, and I'm very glad. I can't see Drew doing a good job at the desk long term. If you look around the internet you can see the five test shows they did.
I'll have to check those out. Anyhoo, I agree. I think Jimmy stayed out more several reasons. Firstly, he was the new kid on the block, and you don't want to ruffle the feathers at the top when you've just showed up on the farm. Secondly, I think Jimmy sympathized with Conan. It's just a gut feeling, but Jimmy strikes me as someone who believes in fair play.

Brony Kingdom
Old March 24 2013, 02:27 PM   #59
the G-man
Commodore

I'm not a fan of his show, but he's keeping his mouth shut about the whole thing...
Really?

Jimmy Fallon Jokes About Tonight Show Rumors On Late Night.

I don't see these jokes as particularly mean spirited or inappropriate but he's obviously talking about the situation.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2013, 07:39 PM   #60
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

He's made a few jokes, but I watched the other day and his guests even wanted to talk about it and he's like "I'm not saying anything".