Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

View Poll Results: Seriously, who the hell is she??
A long overdue family reunion - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated Susan! 1 1.56%
The One Who Got Away - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated Romana! 3 4.69%
'Til Death do us part? I don't think so, Sweetie - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated post-Library River! 0 0%
She's a MAN, man - Clara's a fobwatched & regenerated Master! 0 0%
If at first you don't succeed... - Clara's the ultimate Anti-Doctor weapon of the Silence, Mark II! 3 4.69%
A sneak preview of things to come - Clara's a Watcher, but WILL BE the Twelfth Doctor! 0 0%
Hello again - Clara's a fobwatched, future (post-Doctor) version of Sexy! 2 3.13%
Eye See You - Clara's Prisoner Zero! 0 0%
You'll never see it coming - None of the above, and even stranger than all! 56 87.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 6 2013, 10:20 PM   #196
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: The Impossible Girl: Who IS Clara Oswin Oswald?!?

Wereghost wrote: View Post
^ No, silly. Clara was hired to play different versions of Jenna-Louise Coleman.
Ah, OK, my bad

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 10:42 PM   #197
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
More of the same old unimaginative thinking, that she must have some connection to some Time Lord or other even though her particular kind of death and resurrection is clearly very different from what Time Lords do. She's River! She's Romana! She's an inexplicably incestuous Susan! She's the Master's niece! She's the Rani! She's the Meddling Monk! She's Chancellor Goth back for sexy revenge!

Can't anyone come up with a theory that isn't Gallifrey-related? Something actually creative for a change?
I agree with you're overall ideas here, that those types of ideas are unoriginal. However, I don't think we have enough data at this point to really have an idea of what she is.

Sure, we can come up with creative ideas but would just be wild speculation at this point. There's a million things she could be, but I wouldn't place money on any one of them at this point!

So, I'm just waiting for now. We're not meant to know at this point.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 11:47 PM   #198
SonicRanger
Rear Admiral

The painting of Clara in the preview also has her last words/catchphrase painted in the corner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctorw...57632347304917
Old January 6 2013, 11:56 PM   #199
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

She's Chancellor Goth back for sexy revenge!
I hope it's this.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 12:20 AM   #200
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

What did strike me is the whole "Run" thing - at first I was thinking, well maybe it IS River Song - just regenerated but nah. Since ever since their first meeting she's talking about running 'always running", and then Rose mentioned it. So I dunno...

Although what would be interesting is if she was a completely new race, maybe like a another Time Lord like race, but completely not Gallifraian (Sp) I could hear a line like

"Wot?! You thought you clever boys from Gallifray were the only ones who could bop through time and live seemingly forever?"
Old January 11 2013, 07:35 PM   #201
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I'll admit I haven't read all of this thread so it might have been mentioned but I saw Gabe Newell of Valve has a theory...

http://kotaku.com/5975194/gabe-newel...-and-confusing
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2013, 09:48 AM   #202
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Yeah, that has come up. If not here then amongst other conversations and threads I've engaged in. It would have a lot more potential as a theory if it wasn't so damn creepy to think about her using Dalek technology to recreate herself, a technology that has shown itself to be applied through infecting a pre-existing being.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2013, 10:23 PM   #203
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I think it's going to be something more vague and storytale. They talked about the universe owing the Doctor in this episode. I think it's just going to be that after all the tragedies the Doctor has suffered, the universe (not a specific entity) is finally throwing him a bone and giving him a Kenny. Anytime one dies, he can just pick up a replacement with the same personality from a different time period.
This. Unless it does have something to do with her being a new Silence superweapon.

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
I fail to see how, even if The Dalek Invasion was erased, or changed so they would win, it would in anyway erase Susan from time?
As I've already explained to you, that is not what I meant in the first place. That's just your misunderstanding of what I meant. I'm not going to defend a position I never actually took.
Then what position did you take?
Maybe he DID take that position but the Daleks travelled back in time and changed it????

DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNNNNNN!
Old March 22 2013, 08:57 AM   #204
who.me
Ensign

Just learnt it could be mr smiths last series. Based on that i know believe that clara is the host for the new doctor. simple
who.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 01:56 PM   #205
Christopher
Writer

^The rumor that this might be Smith's last season has been around for quite a while now and it's never been more than a rumor. I think we went through the same thing with Tennant, rumors cropping up in multiple seasons that it might be his last season. And probably with most earlier Doctors too.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 03:09 PM   #206
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

I just heard a rumor that Peter Jackson will be directing the 50th anniversary special.

Old March 22 2013, 10:09 PM   #207
who.me
Ensign

mmmmmmmmmmm looks as if it not a rumour anymore but in fact reality as matt has gone on record by stating "Matt Smith told telly bosses he wants to bow out as the floppy-haired Time Lord". so matts last episode will be the 2013 xmas special when the new doctor will appear.
who.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 10:11 PM   #208
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

who.me wrote: View Post
mmmmmmmmmmm looks as if it not a rumour anymore but in fact reality as matt has gone on record by stating "Matt Smith told telly bosses he wants to bow out as the floppy-haired Time Lord". so matts last episode will be the 2013 xmas special when the new doctor will appear.
He really spoke about himself in the third person? The Mirrorball Man finds that odd.
Old March 22 2013, 10:27 PM   #209
Christopher
Writer

Okay, there is a rumor (the latest of many) about Smith leaving, but the Beeb's response is noncommittal, that "even we don't know what's going to happen at Christmas." So this is far from a confirmed fact at this point.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 01:57 PM   #210
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

Okay, there is a rumor (the latest of many) about Smith leaving, but the Beeb's response is noncommittal, that "even we don't know what's going to happen at Christmas." So this is far from a confirmed fact at this point.
They're not really hands-on, are they?