RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,115
Posts: 5,400,666
Members: 24,744
Currently online: 451
Newest member: Ohwowmelody

TrekToday headlines

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 22 2013, 04:18 PM   #1696
Dorian Thompson
Admiral
 
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Come on, you wouldn't watch TWD if the girls didn't look pretty? Well, you could pick up a lady's shaver when you make a run to the pharmacy. Not a priority, but it's not impossible. However, the guys would have to learn to adjust to women like they were through most of history. I had to laugh at a thread I saw on a board (and the young man was quite serious) about how the human race would go extinct because the guys would never go near the girls because they wouldn't be able to get bikini waxes during the apocalypse. He actually thought that would be a priority. I pointed out that until the 2000s, most guys had sex with girls with pubic hair and (shockingly) some probably still do in spite of what all the magazines say. He didn't believe me. He'd grown up with the completely hairless, airbrushed, veneers on teeth image of women. He thinks if teeth aren't blindingly white, they may as well be black and cavity filled. I'm thinking his DNA would disappear quickly if the human race came to an end.
__________________
http://www.noahswish.com

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 05:12 PM   #1697
Pavonis
Commodore
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Whatever else TWD is, it's entertainment first, and that means the women must always look beautiful and the products being promoted must always look pristine.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 05:24 PM   #1698
Dorian Thompson
Admiral
 
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Sad, but true. That's why I like that Carol is included. She's got a pretty enough face, but she's not ingenue material. Her and Daryl getting busy would be indicative of the kind of relationships that would result if there were a bottleneck population reduction. All TPTB need to do is imply it. That would be great. Not necessarily any soap opera melodramatic love story. Just show it in subtle ways.

Mr. no pubes veneer and airbrushing thinks Daryl and Carol are "gross" because she's not young. When I pointed out that both actors are in their 40s he said, "the girl needs to be young, always." That's the mindset I'm dealing with there.
__________________
http://www.noahswish.com

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 05:40 PM   #1699
Pavonis
Commodore
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Why waste your time arguing with a shallow man-child? Melissa McBride (Carol) is attractive, but not for shallow man-children. Shallow morons are for other shallow morons.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 06:23 PM   #1700
Dorian Thompson
Admiral
 
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

You are correct. Point taken.
__________________
http://www.noahswish.com

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 06:39 PM   #1701
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain
 
TREK_GOD_1's Avatar
 
Location: Escaped from Delta Vega
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
I had to laugh at a thread I saw on a board (and the young man was quite serious) about how the human race would go extinct because the guys would never go near the girls because they wouldn't be able to get bikini waxes during the apocalypse.
That guy's theory is so stupid, humanity's IQ points dropped by 50.

That's what happens to a generation reared on childish crap such as Howard Stern and Girls Gone Wild.
__________________
"...to be like God, you have the power to make the world anything you want it to be."
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 06:43 PM   #1702
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain
 
TREK_GOD_1's Avatar
 
Location: Escaped from Delta Vega
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
When I pointed out that both actors are in their 40s he said, "the girl needs to be young, always." That's the mindset I'm dealing with there.
That's it. Humanity's marbles scattered to the four corners of the earth.
__________________
"...to be like God, you have the power to make the world anything you want it to be."

Last edited by TREK_GOD_1; March 22 2013 at 07:07 PM.
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 06:51 PM   #1703
the G-man
Commodore
 
the G-man's Avatar
 
Location: to your immediate right
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Sad, but true. That's why I like that Carol is included. She's got a pretty enough face, but she's not ingenue material. Her and Daryl getting busy would be indicative of the kind of relationships that would result if there were a bottleneck population reduction....
Why would they need a "bottleneck population reduction"? If we assume Daryl and Carol are the same ages as the actors who portray them, she's only four years older than he is. At their age, and in real life, that's an all but insignificant gap.

Last edited by the G-man; March 22 2013 at 07:18 PM.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 07:06 PM   #1704
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain
 
TREK_GOD_1's Avatar
 
Location: Escaped from Delta Vega
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

the G-man wrote: View Post
The people claiming Andrea is ugly are IMHO being "Hollywood picky," ie, holding a clearly attractive woman to that nigh impossible standard created by camera lighting and makeup.
Keep in mind that Laurie (Andrea) Holden is an actress--part of Hollywood, so to speak, so it is not a situation like she's some regular person plucked off of the streets and forced to compete in some sort of beauty contest. In fact, she's had a few roles where it was clear she was being sold as attractive.

...not that the sell job was successful.

I do not believe anyone has "Hollywood picky" standards when judging Holden; she's simply strange looking, frowned up (even outside of TWD), which makes for a combination not exactly pleasing.
__________________
"...to be like God, you have the power to make the world anything you want it to be."
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 07:17 PM   #1705
the G-man
Commodore
 
the G-man's Avatar
 
Location: to your immediate right
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

We'll have to agree to disagree. She's not exactly my type but she's clearly an attractive woman.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 09:19 PM   #1706
Dorian Thompson
Admiral
 
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Why would they need a "bottleneck population reduction"? If we assume Daryl and Carol are the same ages as the actors who portray them, she's only four years older than he is. At their age, and in real life, that's an all but insignificant gap.
I'm making an assumption about who the erstwhile redneck Daryl might have wanted to date when the population was filled with 20 year olds. Perhaps Daryl was always a bit deeper.
__________________
http://www.noahswish.com

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 10:39 PM   #1707
gblews
Rear Admiral
 
gblews's Avatar
 
Location: So. Cal.
View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

the G-man wrote: View Post
Andrea ugly? Annoying, yes. Ugly, no.
Agree -- she may be annoying and dumb as a rock but she's sexy. I'v liked her since she played Marita (or was it "Rita"?) Covarubias on the X-Files. Don't blame the Gov one bit. Nice legs too.
__________________
Duckman: I'll never forget the last thing my father said to me...
Cornfed: "Careful son, I don't think the safety's on"?
Duckman: BEFORE THAT!!!
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 12:35 AM   #1708
Caligula
Vice Admiral
 
Caligula's Avatar
 
Location: Knoxville, TN USA
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

gblews wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post
Andrea ugly? Annoying, yes. Ugly, no.
Agree -- she may be annoying and dumb as a rock but she's sexy. I'v liked her since she played Marita (or was it "Rita"?) Covarubias on the X-Files. Don't blame the Gov one bit. Nice legs too.
Holy shit! I did NOT make that connection! I loved Marita!
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 01:06 AM   #1709
the G-man
Commodore
 
the G-man's Avatar
 
Location: to your immediate right
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

To me she will always be the lCE agent on the final season of "the shield." Her reaction to Mackey's confession was priceless
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 04:49 AM   #1710
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Come on, you wouldn't watch TWD if the girls didn't look pretty? Well, you could pick up a lady's shaver when you make a run to the pharmacy. Not a priority, but it's not impossible. However, the guys would have to learn to adjust to women like they were through most of history. I had to laugh at a thread I saw on a board (and the young man was quite serious) about how the human race would go extinct because the guys would never go near the girls because they wouldn't be able to get bikini waxes during the apocalypse. He actually thought that would be a priority. I pointed out that until the 2000s, most guys had sex with girls with pubic hair and (shockingly) some probably still do in spite of what all the magazines say. He didn't believe me. He'd grown up with the completely hairless, airbrushed, veneers on teeth image of women. He thinks if teeth aren't blindingly white, they may as well be black and cavity filled. I'm thinking his DNA would disappear quickly if the human race came to an end.
Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Mr. no pubes veneer and airbrushing thinks Daryl and Carol are "gross" because she's not young. When I pointed out that both actors are in their 40s he said, "the girl needs to be young, always." That's the mindset I'm dealing with there.
God,I find it terrifying that there are actually people who really think like that. Hell, most of the women I've seen in nude scenes on TV and in movies aren't even completely hairless. I couldn't imagine being that image obsessed.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
the walking dead, twd

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.