Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed

Trek Big Bang Figures

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old March 22 2013, 09:05 AM   #181
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: New trekID international trailer wed

Devon wrote: View Post
You scared me for a minute!!!

After digesting it, this seems like this can be extremely good. Orci is into conspiracy theory/government over up type things, and this seems like something he would have enjoy writing about. Granted, we got a little of the government cover-up kind of thing "Insurrection," but that was overshadowed by the fact that it was "Insurrection."
By all the blue hells, Insurrection always messes up everything in Insurrection.

The only critique I have is that the Carol Marcus Underwear thing seems out of place. It's "Trailer... Trailer... Trailer... Almost Nude Woman... Trailer.. Trailer.." I have no problem with the fact that she appears that way in the fil, but I think it just stuck out like a sore thumb in the context of what was a really excellent trailer instead of something more subtle. Of course Alice Eve's physical attributes are not.. um.. subtle.
SHUT UP WESL-er, DEVON!

Also, I rather liked it, and not just for obvious reasons, but because in a split second, we get to see Carol's attitude towards Jim, and I think it's hilarious.

Pardon my language for a moment, but if anyone says Gene Roddenberry is "rolling in his grave," it is only to make room for the massive hard-on he just got seeing that.
Yes, this.
3) I never know when to quit.
4)
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 10:35 AM   #182
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

So... what has JJ Abrams got against parents? Kirk's dad dies crashing a ship heroically, Spock's mom falls down a cliff into a black hole and now Carol Marcus' dad is seemingly going to be gunned down by an ice cold supervillain genius maniac in a futuristic police helicopter.
Old March 22 2013, 10:37 AM   #183
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

King Daniel wrote: View Post
So... what has JJ Abrams got against parents? Kirk's dad dies crashing a ship heroically, Spock's mom falls down a cliff into a black hole and now Carol Marcus' dad is seemingly going to be gunned down by an ice cold supervillain genius maniac in a futuristic police helicopter.
Star Trek Into Home Alone.
Old March 22 2013, 11:06 AM   #184
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Star Trek: Into EVERY ANIMATED DISNEY MOVIE EVER MADE.
3) I never know when to quit.
4)
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 11:07 AM   #185
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

King Daniel wrote: View Post
and now Carol Marcus' dad is seemingly going to be gunned down by an ice cold supervillain genius maniac in a futuristic police helicopter.
Actually it looks like he survives. There's that scene where Kirk talks to him about going after Harrison & how Starfleet is not about a vendetta, which seems to be after all the attacks.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 11:12 AM   #186
lurok
Commodore

I'd bet good money Marcus pere has a hidden agenda. C'mon...it's Peter Weller for fraks sake!...wasted otherwise.
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 11:37 AM   #187
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

SuperHeroHype has a slightly extended version.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 11:48 AM   #188
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

^Are these people getting sucked out while at warp at around 1:17?

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 11:52 AM   #189
Flake
Commodore

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post

In TMP, the Enterprise explored the surface and interior of V'Ger. They where only exploring it as a consequence of the Klingon attack and the fact it was headed for Earth. They knew the co-ordinates and went to it. They did not happen upon the cloud whilst already exploring and exploration was not their mission.

In TWOK, the Reliant explored what they thought was Ceti Alpha Six. They went to Ceti Alpha 6, a planet already charted in a Federation star system to find a planet suitable for Genesis. They where not on a mission of exploration.

In TSFS, the Grissom explored the Genesis Planet. Maybe this one counts. Not sure

In TFF, the Enterprise explored the planet that Sybok believed to be Sha Ka Ree. Enterprise was responding to a terrorist not exploring though

In TUC, the Excelsior had just explored Beta Quadrant, cataloging gaseous planetary anomalies. YES ok but hardly the main plot of the movie! It was just one line.

In INS, the duck blind was studying the Ba'ku, apparently as part of a mission to explore the Briar Patch, which covered their true purpose. Enterprise was responding to a distress call from the Admiral, they where not in the briar patch to explore it.

In NEM, Picard and company explored the surface of Kolarus III in a dune buggy. No they didn't, they where looking for bits of android!
When I say no exploring I mean that the Enterprise was not on a mission of exploration. In each instance they where doing something else. Now if the Enterprise was out in an uncharted sector of space exploring and detected V'Ger THAT would count.
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 12:07 PM   #190
serenitytrek1
Commander

When Uhura tells kirk that they they are outgunned and outnumbered.

It was as if I was watching a New Hope, when leia says.............''Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you are only hope.''

He is directing star wars now, I wish JJ will stop with the star wars in star trek.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 12:19 PM   #191
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

"I take it the odds are against us and the situation is grim." -Old Kirk to Picard in Generations

Just because our heroes are in a tight spot doesn't make it a Star Wars rip off. It happens in most movies.
Old March 22 2013, 12:41 PM   #192
Ovation
Vice Admiral

Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
When Uhura tells kirk that they they are outgunned and outnumbered.

It was as if I was watching a New Hope, when leia says.............''Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you are only hope.''

He is directing star wars now, I wish JJ will stop with the star wars in star trek.
No. No he isn't. That line is far more reminiscent of Butch Cassidy, if anything. Or the bulk of movies where the intrepid heroes have slipped behind enemy lines...
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 12:44 PM   #193
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Jesus, what the fuck was that...

Spock's "I do not think that qualifies" line is atrocious; Nimoy would have said a thousand times more just by raising his eyebrow, and Uhura's Nick Fury impression ("outgunned and outnumbered") is lowest common denominator bollocks. Show, don't tell.

Other than that, lot's of generic action movie shit, revenge plotlines etc...

Pine and Cumberbatch look to be having fun though.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 01:13 PM   #194
Oso Blanco
Commodore

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Spock's "I do not think that qualifies" line is atrocious; Nimoy would have said a thousand times more just by raising his eyebrow
That was my first thought when I saw the trailer. The way he delivers the line is making me cringe. Leonard Nimoy, Mark Lenard and Tim Russ knew how to portray a Vulcan, Quinto on the other hand seems to be completely clueless.
Old March 22 2013, 01:23 PM   #195
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Shazam! wrote: View Post

Other than that, lot's of generic action movie shit, revenge plotlines etc...

Pine and Cumberbatch look to be having fun though.
You mean like a space battle....oh wait, almost every ST movie; or you mean a chase on foot or vehicle...oops that was in STIII, STIV, STVI, STGEN, STINS, STNEM; or you mean assasination attempt, oh that was in STVI; a crash on a planet, damn that was in STIII, SIV STGEN...; revenge? ah that was in STII, STFC, STINS, STNEM, crap I guess ST movies were action adventure too. They just didn't have $185 million to spend.

There certainly wasn't any in TOS..no running, no jumping no shooting...nevermind....

RAMA