Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed

Trek Big Bang Figures

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 14 2013, 05:48 AM   #751
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
I think he means Felicity = Chloe
And Diggle = Pete
Which means Laurel = Lana
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 11:40 AM   #752
stj
Rear Admiral

If I'm a shallow person, does that mean my inner smartass is on the outside?

Well, either way, my inner smartass says "The Hood" is at least as dumb as "Green Arrow," especially since the guy's just wearing a muindane hoodie. You'd think people would focus on the rather exotic bow and arrow set, wouldn't you? And since the arrows now come in green and black, that the color would be a handy adjectivie in talking about these guys, no? Thinking an inappropriate nickname is somehow cooler just seems excessively fanboyish to me.

To my mind, it's a splendid example of the writers imposing an idea (a supposedly cooler name, in this case) on the characters instead of writing character specific (aka real) dialogue. Like all the SG-1 characters always said "false gods," as if there were real ones.

Some real people would have interpreted Queen's campaign against the wealthy as terrorism, and call hoodie a terrorist. But the writers seem to have avoided this.
Old March 14 2013, 01:25 PM   #753
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

^ But they have set up the whole Green and Black arrow thing which could be picked up on by the press at some point. Also if and when Ollie stops killing people The Hood will not be such a great name to have and one he may want to distance himself from. When he becomes a hero and not a vigilante Green Arrow will be far more appropriate.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 06:14 PM   #754
stj
Rear Admiral

^^^This is all true. But many people will still think "Green Arrow" is dumb, nerdy, dorky, etc. The title of the show is Arrow, so I guess that tells us which camp the producers are in. In a way, it's kind of minor, and lots of stuff about the series are done about as well as can be hoped for.

Isn't the show like later Dexter, committed to the glory of vigilantism?
Old March 14 2013, 07:26 PM   #755
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Not really, Dexter's a psychopath that has a need to kill. The only reason he's only killing bad guys is because that's what his father taught him. The show doesn't pretend that Dexter is a vigilante trying to keep murderers and rapists off the streets. That's just a byproduct of Dexter's need to kill.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 10:57 PM   #756
stj
Rear Admiral

^^^The show may acknowledge that Dexter is not motivated as a vigilante but it is exactly what the show uses to excuse our (supposed) pleasure in Dexter's murders.
This pleasure is why the ever more slipshod plotting of the murders, or the numerous people who somehow have no real problem with his hobby are so acceptable. The whole point is that Dexter is killing bad guys and we are supposed to hurrah.

(In the first seasons, the real charm was in Dexter's private life, as he was a good hearted doofus valiantly trying to cope with his social relationships. And we cared (some of us anyhow) because that good heart conflicted with his Daddy-taught homicidal mania and we wondered what could happen when he finally went sane. All these elements were decisively rejected with Rita's murder.)
Old March 15 2013, 04:10 AM   #757
JD
Admiral

They've announced that they're using the Arrow version of Green Arrow, with Stephen Amell's voice and likeness in the new DC Comics superhero fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Old March 21 2013, 08:06 AM   #758
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Arrow Upgrades Manu Bennett to Series Regular
Old March 21 2013, 12:17 PM   #759
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Well I felt this episode was pretty blah even the stuff on the island really was not interesting. Liked the mention of coast city and the Huntress is always pleasing on the eyes. The stuff with Roy was probably the best thing this week.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 04:35 PM   #760
sojourner
Admiral

I liked the line about Huntress looking like the T-Mobile girl.
Old March 21 2013, 08:21 PM   #761
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

Last night's episode did not do much for me either. I was very tired when I started watching it on DVR, so its not really the shows fault, but I actually fell asleep and had to rewind it. Its was mostly a setdown in quality from the previous one which was fantastic.

I wonder if Deathstroke could be major adversary next season.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 03:08 AM   #762
JD
Admiral

Yeah, it definitely wasn't one of their best episodes, but I didn't think it was that bad.
Old March 22 2013, 05:50 PM   #763
Agent Richard07
Admiral

They outed the Huntress pretty quickly. The show continues to do a lot of big developments and reveals fairly early on.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 05:58 PM   #764
EnterpriseF
Commander

I liked this episode. Up until this Ep I thought that Huntress was simply eye candy. Seriously, no one thought "OMG" when she told the cops that Ollie was The Hood?
Old March 22 2013, 06:13 PM   #765
Agent Richard07
Admiral

EnterpriseF wrote: View Post
Seriously, no one thought "OMG" when she told the cops that Ollie was The Hood?
As soon as I heard that, I figured that they'd immediately dismiss or debunk it. They have reason to. Took me a little bit to realize that she was just playing with them by deflecting.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote