RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,657
Members: 24,813
Currently online: 525
Newest member: SB118_Pavlova

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old March 21 2013, 07:56 PM   #1
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Potentially HUGE spoilers, read at your own risk

OK dont know if this is true or not but this was posted over at Pop Culture Zoo:

http://popculturezoo.com/2013/03/exc...into-darkness/

Exclusive: MAJOR SPOILERS For Star Trek Into Darkness!

by Joseph Dilworth Jr. | March 21st, 2013
[WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS! DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS YOU ARE OK WITH BEING SPOILED!]
With less than two months to go before the release of Star Trek Into Darkness more and more information is beginning to eke out, whether via official channels, folks that have screened footage, extrapolations based on the previous two or by insiders who are now working on other projects. It is by one of those means (we’ve been asked not to give any details) that we bring you the below, exclusive spoilers. I can say that this is a confirmed, trusted source for Pop Culture Zoo, so make of it what you will.
We’ve been told that Benedict Cumberbatch is not playing Khan, Gary Mitchell or Garth of Izar, as has previously been reported, but rather the son of Harry Mudd. The film will reveal, during its second half, that he chose his name, Harrison, because he’s “Harry’s son.” And he’s also an android, from the planet of androids that Mudd found in the Original Series episode “I, Mudd” (further linking the reboot universe to the original timeline)–he’s the new Norman. Furthermore, the identity of the character being played by Joseph Gatt has also been revealed to us. Early reports cited him as playing someone called “GATT 2000″, but this was never explained, leaving fans confused. We now know that he will be #2,000 in the GATT android series. And those cryogenic chambers from the early trailer? They’re android creation machines. The latter spoiler explains the presence of Harriet Mudd in the Into Darkness prequel comic IDW is currently producing, as well as Harrison’s increased strength in the trailers. Our source was more vague on whether we would see Harry Mudd himself in the film, but that we would “learn of his fate” before the end credits rolled. Speaking of the end credits, our source strongly advised everyone to remain in their seats until the credits are done. While we were given no specific details, there were hints that there will indeed be a bonus scene. As to what that will be, I was told to re-watch the final episode of Enterprise for a hint. Pop Culture Zoo is attempting to verify this last part further before we speculate on what this could mean, but have an idea that this might be a huge game-changer for the Trek film series as a whole.
Old March 21 2013, 07:58 PM   #2
The Stig
Rear Admiral

Re: Potentially HUGE spoilers, read at your own risk

Horseshit.

All we know is, he's called The Stig.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Awesome Possum
I've Rebooted Myself

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum

That's too dumb to be fan fiction.
These are the spectacular adventures of Space Dandy and his brave space crew. In space.
Awesome Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Lonemagpie
Writer

It's obviously a satire

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 08:07 PM   #5
RAMA
Vice Admiral

The Stig wrote: View Post
Horseshit.

Sounds crazy doesn't it? But some of the story seems to make sense, and jibes with some of the casting news we heard, plus, Mudd's daughter is in the comic. The one real issue I have with it is that it had to be a different captain who marooned harry on the android planet and we have to wonder if something happened to Harry that his son would want revenge over....

Personally the plot about Harrison working with April or being his son makes more sense to me overall, but this one just came out of left field!

RAMA
Old March 21 2013, 08:12 PM   #6
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
It's obviously a satire

Actually this could make a good story, just probably not a major Abrams movie...just because the original was a comedy doesn't mean they couldn't use it and twist it around to a dark story in an alternate history.

RAMA
Old March 21 2013, 08:16 PM   #7
Opus
Commodore

Speculative at best...
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 08:21 PM   #8
indranee
Vice Admiral

Weeeell, he does talk in a monotone
indranee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 08:27 PM   #9
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

It's obviously a satire
So obviously a joke in fact, that the reactions here amused me.

"Why did the chicken cross the road!?"

"BULLSHIT! A chicken would never do that. Damn, I'm clever."
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 08:42 PM   #10
thumbtack
Commodore

Embarrassing.

Nice publicity stunt for a heretofore unknown website, though.
Old March 21 2013, 08:43 PM   #11
Garak
You Eat What You Kill

Do not believe.
Old March 21 2013, 08:45 PM   #12
Awesome Possum
I've Rebooted Myself

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum

DalekJim wrote: View Post
It's obviously a satire

Most of the insults are about how bad it is. You can do that to jokes. Like how Carlos Mencia's jokes are all ripped off from other comedians and poorly done imitations as well.

I'd actually have more respect for the article itself if it was posted as a clear parody and not as OMG SPOILERS!!1!!!. My biggest problem is that it's trying to pass itself off as real, at least in this thread. I'm not familiar with the site, it could be an Onion type site. If so, it's like having to correct a friend on Facebook when they post an Onion article as if it is real because they don't know.
These are the spectacular adventures of Space Dandy and his brave space crew. In space.
Awesome Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 09:08 PM   #13
Flake
Commodore

Well tbh this sounds fairly legit but its could also just be an interesting theory that happens to fit the facts.....
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 09:09 PM   #14
The Stig
Rear Admiral

Awesome Possum wrote: View Post
DalekJim wrote: View Post
It's obviously a satire

Most of the insults are about how bad it is. You can do that to jokes. Like how Carlos Mencia's jokes are all ripped off from other comedians and poorly done imitations as well.

I'd actually have more respect for the article itself if it was posted as a clear parody and not as OMG SPOILERS!!1!!!. My biggest problem is that it's trying to pass itself off as real, at least in this thread. I'm not familiar with the site, it could be an Onion type site. If so, it's like having to correct a friend on Facebook when they post an Onion article as if it is real because they don't know.
Yep. The OP and the source presented it as a real scoop, not a joke or satire. Thus, horseshit.

All we know is, he's called The Stig.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 09:22 PM   #15
Franklin
Rear Admiral

The son of Harry Mudd who's also an android. Hmmm. Fascinating. How does that happen? Harcourt! Harcout Fenton Mudd, what have you been up to? You answer me!

And at the end of the movie, as an homage to "The Squire of Gothos", Stella comes for little Harry, takes him by the ear, tells him he's been a very very bad boy and that he's grounded for a month, apologizes to Kirk and Spock, and takes Harry home.