CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old February 3 2005, 01:03 AM   #61
Wentworth-Roth
Commodore

Re: UPN Cancels 'Star Trek: Enterprise'

Sooo sad!!!
Old February 3 2005, 01:44 AM   #62
Spider
Dirty Old Man

Posted by DSG2k:
Feel free to give UPN some feedback on this decision:
http://www.upn.com/info/feedback_form.shtml

I sent them this:

Since you have canceled Enterprise, I will not watch another damn show on your stupid network.

Not that it will have an effect, but it certainly felt good as I hit the send button. Hell, I might just go do it again.

spider's new motto: So many Lounge bars, so little time. - DAK

At my age you take what you can get. Or invent. - Mallory
Old February 3 2005, 01:49 AM   #63
LavianoTS386
Admiral

^ Oh you should have the whole Enterprise forum do that!
Old February 3 2005, 01:50 AM   #64
librarytrekker78
Lieutenant Commander

This completely and utterly sucks a**!!!! Son of a B****!!!! Enterprise was good last season and becoming really good this season. As another member stated the writers, producers and actors should be thanked for their work on the show. I am sadden and ticked off by this cancellation (if you didn't guess ) I've been a fan of Trek in all incarnations for most of my life. this really is a sad day and on Brent Spiner's Birthday no less
Old February 3 2005, 02:04 AM   #65
LavianoTS386
Admiral

Posted by librarytrekker78:
this really is a sad day and on Brent Spiner's Birthday no less
Oh that's got to bite the biggie.
Old February 3 2005, 02:06 AM   #66
ShamelessMcBundy
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShamelessMcBundy Send a message via Yahoo to ShamelessMcBundy

This is really tragic. I can't believe that it has been cancelled. I just hope that there will be a large enough following that UPN and Paramount will reverse itself.
Old February 3 2005, 02:19 AM   #67
TFVanguard
Commodore

One warning for trolling. That wasn't constructive at all, even though you added this;
Bit much to warn for that, wasn't it? I mean, there are just as many, if not more, Trek fans quite happy to see Enterprise go the way of the dodo than there are those clamouring to keep it.

Personally, I sum it up like "Enterprise cancelled! Both viewers upset!" Sounds callous, but the fact is, most people really just didn't care about the show, and it will be the forgotten chapter in Trek lore.

It has already been announced that ENT's going into syndication.
As a rerun only show. I think he meant it in the way of TNG and DS9's releases.
Old February 3 2005, 02:25 AM   #68
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Wonder what this'll mean for the board's traffic in six-twelve months?
Everybody dogpile in SF&F!!!

It sucks that ENT gets cancelled just as it proves it shouldn't be...but it isn't as bad as when DS9 ended or Farscape was cancelled, so I guess I'm just kind of annoyed but not devastated or anything...
Old February 3 2005, 02:33 AM   #69
Ninjawitch
Captain

Holy massive goose poop! It beat my record for predicting Enterprise's death! I said it had a chance IF three episodes left could reach a 3.0 share and Mr. Leslie Moonves couldn't wait and cancelled it before it coudl hit it's stride this season.

Just goes to show you that Mr. Leslie Moonves has a very big hard on to eliminate Enterprise and he started the ball rolling by sending ST: ENT to the graveyard where all shows in trouble go to die ---- Friday nights.

Can't say I'm shocked, but disappointed ---- oh yeah!

B&B should have given full range from episode one, Season 4 to manny Coto then he should have kept good stories throughout the season and no weak bottle episodes, that didn't help matters by tripping up the momentium.

I suspect the space nazis episode damaged the integrity of ST: ENT and was the focal point of the decline.

There is still one more chance and that is to get it picked up for syndication or by a cable network. It's too late to change Moonves's mind but it isn't too late to petition the SCI FI to pick up the series or WB it's competitor maybe.

Now fan HAVE to react while the iron is still hot before it starts to cool. If you want to save ST: ENT that is.

But also keep up the pressure to get as many fans to watch the remaining episodes and improve the ratings so as to prove Mr. Leslie Moonves wrong and give other TV networks something tasty to encourage them to pick up Enterprise for their network while it gains in strength and evoke them to take Enterprise under their wing.

Now Enterprise is on life support and about to flat line for good. Do we leave it die or do we act and give it a spark to re-fibulate it's heartbeat again???

The future is in our hands, for once it becomes the past it will be too late to keep it stationed in our present and cherished.

The enemy of cancellation of a beloved series and concept is on our doorstep, do we slam the door in it's face or confront it and defeat it.

Deeds as well as words are needed people, lets get out there and bring back our baby --- lets bring ST: ENT back from planned and forced termination.

The path is in front of us is challenging, we can go back, we can go forward or we can sit down on the ground and let our tears fall to the ground and let the soil absorb them. But Enterprise's future and role in Trek history in on our hands, but are they capable and up to the task?

I leave the answer to that question remain to be answered in each and every fan on this board.

But like you, I weap at the moment for a series treated unfairly by Paramount and UPN who seemed to want to kill the series since the end of the 1st season by lack of promotion just to start with.
Old February 3 2005, 02:53 AM   #70
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

My only surprise is how the series staggered on with such appalling ratings for so long.

Naturally, I have some degree of sympathy with the few remaining fans who did tune in and enjoyed Enterprise - it's never nice when a show you like goes off the air whether b/c of cancellation or a natural end.

But I do have to say that like many others, despite rumours of improvement in quality in S3 and S4, I never tuned back in. That really does say something about the franchise's ongoing appeal, or rather lack of it. I lost all faith in Enterprise as entertainment back in S1 and it never did enough to pull me back in. The TV side of the franchise really needs to take a long break in order to build up interest again. No matter what Enterprise did, enough people were like me and were not prepared to give it another chance.

If we never get a new Star Trek series, that's sad, because there's been some great Star Trek in the past. But Star Trek as an overall franchise is doubtless still profitable, so I suspect at some point in the future, we'll see a new series.
Old February 3 2005, 02:55 AM   #71
BoyNamedSue
Lieutenant

Gee, I like Enterprise, but I predicted this in 2000, before anyone even knew what "Series V" would be about.

I wonder if I can find that old post, LOL!
Old February 3 2005, 03:04 AM   #72
Great Pumpkin
Pumpkin God

Location: In the pumpkin patch to surprise Linus and Captain Ice

Has anyone thought of putting together some sort of mailing campaign to try and get the SciFi network to pick Enterprise up?

RIP Dad Apr 22, 1942 - Dec 2, 2011

Old February 3 2005, 03:13 AM   #73
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Posted by Captain Ice:
Has anyone thought of putting together some sort of mailing campaign to try and get the SciFi network to pick Enterprise up?
I mentioned something about putting it either on Sci-fi or Spike up thread.
Old February 3 2005, 03:35 AM   #74
DSG2k
Commander

Posted by Captain Ice:
Sci-Fi is owned by NBC/Universal, and is unlikely to pick up Enterprise given that they're making Battlestar Galactica and two Stargate series now.

Likely contenders for pick-up would probably be CBS (which Moonves runs) or Showtime (which is Viacom-owned, but then again they did rid themselves of Stargate previously).

So, it's probably CBS or nothing. CBS is a long shot, though, given that when NBC ran Battlestar Galactica as a chopped-down miniseries it lagged a bit in ratings. However, it killed in the 18-49 block, beating CBS.
Old February 3 2005, 06:33 AM   #75
Hoser
Hoser

View Hoser's Twitter Profile