Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old March 21 2013, 08:59 AM   #31
Edge of Forever
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: New trekID international trailer wed

I hope it's Section 31. I love Section 31 (kind wish they'd get their own Spin-off show/Film).

Also, something just occurred to me. Could Alice Eve be working with Benedict. In the scene where He is beating the living crap out of Chris, it looks like she's really conflicted.

Maybe Admiral Marcus is actually working with Harrison and has got Carol onto the enterprise to spy on Kirk and the crew going after Harrison (and if Section 31 is involved than all 3 of them could be in it with Marcus being it's head).
Edge of Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 09:18 AM   #32
Shilliam Watner
Commander

Edge of Forever wrote: View Post
I hope it's Section 31. I love Section 31 (kind wish they'd get their own Spin-off show/Film).

Also, something just occurred to me. Could Alice Eve be working with Benedict. In the scene where He is beating the living crap out of Chris, it looks like she's really conflicted.

Maybe Admiral Marcus is actually working with Harrison and has got Carol onto the enterprise to spy on Kirk and the crew going after Harrison (and if Section 31 is involved than all 3 of them could be in it with Marcus being it's head).
OR..............Capt. April could have been leading a proxy war (as in the Countdown To Darkness comics) for Section 31 under the command of Marcus and was eventually killed and since Harrison worked for April, he takes his revenge out on Starfleet's top brass.
Shilliam Watner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 09:19 AM   #33
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Loved the trailer.
Old March 21 2013, 09:21 AM   #34
Flux Capacitor
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Flux Capacitor

I grabbed screens of all the new pieces of footage, but here's a few key shots.

Old March 21 2013, 09:25 AM   #35
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

daveyNY wrote: View Post
So can we finally say He's definitely not Khan?
No. Given everything we know right now, Starfleet *could* have reawakened the Botany Bay and recruited him. Could be that Starfleet forgot that while his superhuman abilities are pluses, he just doesn't have much of a Khanscience.

Section 31?
I hope not.

---

Flux Capacitor wrote: View Post
I grabbed screens of all the new pieces of footage, but here's a few key shots.
[...]

Yeah, that's a key shot for sure!
Old March 21 2013, 09:33 AM   #36
Edge of Forever
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Shilliam Watner wrote: View Post

OR..............Capt. April could have been leading a proxy war (as in the Countdown To Darkness comics) for Section 31 under the command of Marcus and was eventually killed and since Harrison worked for April, he takes his revenge out on Starfleet's top brass.
Maybe, honestly, as long as its more complex than April was his father and he wants revenge I'm good.

I'd actually really be happy with the idea that his just a guy taking what he believes to be a Moral Stance against some kind of injustice and has no links to the incidents in Countdown into Darkness (which I should read. Is it worth reading?).

Although I really think she looks conflicted in that scene (maybe she's working against her father with Harrison or something).

Also, Carol in her underwear scene (still yum, btw). I bet that's her and Kirk getting into/out of the space jump suits. I think she may be the second person jumping with Kirk to the other space ship which is Harrisons.
Edge of Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 09:57 AM   #37
Shilliam Watner
Commander

Shilliam Watner wrote: View Post

] I bet that's her and Kirk getting into/out of the space jump suits..
Don't think so. They are in a shuttle. My guess is Kirk walks in on her as she is changing. The space jump scene takes place on board the Enterprise.
Old March 21 2013, 10:01 AM   #38
billcosby
Commodore

The way it was edited it looks like Cucumberpatch is the one in the shuttle blasting the Starfleet Command HQ meeting room, but it looks to be the Klingon 'Bird of Prey' mini-shuttles as seen in the Kre-O sets?

Kirk is going to spend barely any time in command on the bridge of his ship in this one, is he? Seems like the story has him going rouge very early in.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 10:17 AM   #39
lurok
Commodore

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
"He was one of our best agents."
SF agent + london bombing, I assumed Weller meant Noel Clarke? So Cumby could still theoretically be...anyone. Personally I hope there's nary a mention of Section 31
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 10:31 AM   #40
serenitytrek1
Commander

I hate to admit this but I am starting to see the sexism a lot of people on trekmovie.com have been complaining about.

Alice Eve in her bra and panties was the worst part of the trailer. Its like it was just put there for the sake of making guys horny and for the sake of having a woman get nearly naked.

And what’s with the pose?

For a split second I thought I was watching a model about to step on the fashion
Catwalk (modelling lingerie) instead of a science fiction trailer.

In 2009, I brushed off the people who called Uhura a sexist character after she stripped down to her bra and panties but now that I see another woman doing the same thing, I am beginning to see a pattern here.

Nu Trek does objectify women.

Last edited by serenitytrek1; March 21 2013 at 11:08 AM.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 10:50 AM   #41
Shilliam Watner
Commander

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
I hate to admit this but I am starting to see the sexism a lot of people on trekmovie.com have been complaining about.

Alice Eve in her bra and panties was the worst part of the trailer. Its like it was just put there of the sake of making guys horny and for the sake of having a woman get nearly naked.

For a split second I thought I was watching a model about to step on the fashion

In 2009, I brushed off the people who called Uhura a sexist character after she stripped down to her bra and panties but now that I see another woman doing the same thing, I am beginning to see a pattern here.

Yea I noticed that too. I posted several comments over there about other parts of the trailer but they are dead set on discussing how immoral for J.J. to have added that shot of Eve in the trailer exploiting her. Good grief. The discussion of there is doomed for now. For the pose she is doing. I think Kirk walks in on her in the shuttle while she is changing and she basically looks at him and says something like "what? you've never seen a woman in bra and panties before?". That's the way I perceive it for now.
Old March 21 2013, 11:04 AM   #42
Nightowl1701
Commander

Alice Eve in her bra and panties was the worst part of the trailer. Its like it was just put there of the sake of making guys horny and for the sake of having a woman get nearly naked.

And somewhere out there, Gene Roddenberry is grinning ear-to-ear and saying "Well, now you're talking."
Nightowl1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 11:57 AM   #43
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Looks like something like, "What are you looking at?"

Or, "Do you like what you see, hot shot?"
Old March 21 2013, 12:31 PM   #44
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Finally a trailer that made the movie look like something I would be interested to see. No silly forced comedy apparent just a strong story hinted at. My interest level has gone up several points.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 01:11 PM   #45
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

Alice Eve in her bra and panties was the worst part of the trailer. Its like it was just put there for the sake of making guys horny and for the sake of having a woman get nearly naked.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...34-633-480.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...mdrhellen5.jpg

http://www.cyberhermit.com/images201...06jeriryan.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/q...ickbay_021.jpg

[Converted to links. Images posted inline are to be hosted on web space belonging to you. - M']

Because of course, every single one of the above were necessary and valid plot points that were integral to the story.

I have my beef with NuTrek, but honestly, it's obvious she's changing into a space suit of some kind and Kirk is in the room and comments on her body - He's James T. Kirk. That shot is equally as valid as all the examples I've cited above.

Last edited by M'Sharak; March 21 2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: hotlinked images
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote