Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 20 2013, 10:05 PM   #1681
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

beneldon wrote: View Post
The first thing out of my mouth as the camera meandered down the hallway into the happy fun chair room was: "oh! I bet all the Andrea haters out there are feeling a bit bad now!"
Not really. I'm just glad it was no one else from Rick's group.

Last edited by TREK_GOD_1; March 20 2013 at 11:18 PM.
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 10:46 PM   #1682
Mister Fandango
Captain

beneldon wrote: View Post
The first thing out of my mouth as the camera meandered down the hallway into the happy fun chair room was: "oh! I bet all the Andrea haters out there are feeling a bit bad now!"
Why? It's nice to see stupid getting what it deserves. At least until the cliffhanger is resolved with her being rescued at the last minute. Sigh.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 11:25 PM   #1683
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Why? It's nice to see stupid getting what it deserves. At least until the cliffhanger is resolved with her being rescued at the last minute. Sigh.
Or, maybe they will rip the finale of The Bride of Frankenstein, where the Monster destroys himself, along with Pretorius. I can see it now: Andrea and the governor wrestle with a grenade as a slab falls on both; Andrea grabs the grenade, pulls the pin, and in a Karloff tone growls, "we belong dead!" With that, two annoying characters get the boot as season three comes to a close.
Old March 21 2013, 03:14 AM   #1684
Mojochi
Fleet Captain

I really don't think she (Or anyone really) deserves to be sadistically tortured just for being a somewhat pompous idiot, who's never done a smart thing since the 1st minute we saw her, but it's hard to argue that she hasn't set herself up to end up right where she is

Andrea being stupid should have gotten her finished off Otis style long ago. He was a decent guy who because of stupidly shooting Carl, ended up paying with his life, trying to fix his dumb luck accident. Andrea's done way dumber shit by the ton, but that doesn't mean I'd think she deserves to get needles & surgical instruments jammed up her cooter. That's just sick for people to believe she deserves that.

The sickest thing the Governor has done by far, was the most subtle, when he was setting up the table of torture tools, & he gently caressed the steel vaginal speculum, that twisted fucker. Nobody on that show, except Philip himself deserves that level of sadistic torment. I wouldn't even wish that shit on Merle, after all the fucked up shit he's done.
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 05:05 AM   #1685
beneldon
Lieutenant Commander

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Or, maybe they will rip the finale of The Bride of Frankenstein, where the Monster destroys himself, along with Pretorius. I can see it now: Andrea and the governor wrestle with a grenade as a slab falls on both; Andrea grabs the grenade, pulls the pin, and in a Karloff tone growls, "we belong dead!" With that, two annoying characters get the boot as season three comes to a close.
Hmm.. okay but replace Andrea with Milton. Andrea can still have the slab fall on her only nobody shoots her in the head so she's a zombie; a burned zombie pinned under the slab when Rick happens upon her. She reaches for him and he thinks he hears her call, "Rick!" He stumbles outside and the cast ask him if he's okay, but wordlessly they all drive off into Season Four.
beneldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 10:01 PM   #1686
Pondwater
Fleet Captain

When I saw Laurie Holden sitting on the "Deathspot" on the couch for Talking Dead. I thought she might have died in this passed episode. As we all know, that wasn't the case.

Andrea is like Princess Peach (from Super Mario Bros.) of the Walking Dead Universe, the damsel in distress. Always gets herself into some position where someone has to come and rescue her.
Pondwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 10:20 PM   #1687
Dream
Admiral

I think I found the perfect description of Andrea from another forum! That last line mighty be debatable though!

Andrea is every bit as bad as Kate from Lost. Think they are independent, do the opposite of what theyre told, **** things up for people.

Shes god damned ugly, to boot.
Old March 21 2013, 10:41 PM   #1688
the G-man
Commodore

Andrea ugly? Annoying, yes. Ugly, no.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 11:26 PM   #1689
Mojochi
Fleet Captain

Her sister was hot, but Andrea is maybe 2nd from the bottom in looks on that show, imo.

Beth (& No it's not pervy, because in real life the actress is like 27 or 28)
Maggie (When she cleans up can almost be as hot as Beth)
Sasha (Ain't put a comb through her hair once, but the girl is gorgeous)
Lori (There's something annoying about her, but she's still good looking)
Carol (One of the hottest women over 45 on tv, short hair & all)
Andrea (Constant dumb expressions & always looks like she's retaining water in her face)
Michonne (Might move up a spot if she'd smile once in a while & loose the dreads)
Old March 22 2013, 12:35 AM   #1690
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Dream wrote: View Post
I think I found the perfect description of Andrea from another forum! That last line mighty be debatable though!

Andrea is every bit as bad as Kate from Lost. Think they are independent, do the opposite of what theyre told, **** things up for people.

Shes god damned ugly, to boot.
Debatable? Maybe, but her frowned up mug is not winning any awards for appeal. If you can move beyond the face, then there's her dictionary ass....
Old March 22 2013, 05:43 AM   #1691
propita
Rear Admiral

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Michonne (Might move up a spot if she'd smile once in a while & loose the dreads)
Dreadlocks are pretty common among blacks when one cannot or does not comb out their hair. White people with straight hair tend to get stringy hair, which can mat, if they don't comb their hair for long periods Overall, I'd say combing one's hair is not a priority.

I believe it's a wig and the actress has short hair--and a very nice smile. Those kind of wigs are supposed to be pretty heavy, too.

Not criticizing your opinion, just commenting on it.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 09:34 AM   #1692
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I'd put Michonne at the top of the list, with Maggie second.
Old March 22 2013, 11:28 AM   #1693
Mojochi
Fleet Captain

propita wrote: View Post
Mojochi wrote: View Post
I believe it's a wig and the actress has short hair--and a very nice smile. .
Right. I agree, & Danai is miraculously better looking than Michonne as a result... Might move up a few spots on my terribly superficial list, now that I think about it
Old March 22 2013, 12:13 PM   #1694
the G-man
Commodore

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I'd put Michonne at the top of the list, with Maggie second.
Maggie is hand down the best looking actress on the show.

Michonne is actually pretty when she stops glaring at people.

The people claiming Andrea is ugly are IMHO being "Hollywood picky," ie, holding a clearly attractive woman to that nigh impossible standard created by camera lighting and makeup.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2013, 02:06 PM   #1695
Pavonis
Commodore

All the female characters on TWD are more attractive than they had any right to be, considering personal grooming should have taken a backseat to survival. But of course having female actresses sporting leg hair, pit hair, no make-up, and stringy greasy hair would make even TWD unwatchable. Maybe.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote