Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie

People’s Choice Award Nominations

Quinto: Not Internally Homophobic

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Old March 20 2013, 06:50 PM   #76
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Campaign to Restore William Shatner's STV TFF for Blu-ray spec. ed

I went to see this with a sister and her bf in 1989, and I apologized to him constantly after seeing it. He was mainly a SW fan, and always extolling it's virtues...I had to show him Scotty banging his head on a bulkhead and FX from a 1970s b movie...ugh.

I wish you people would stop bringing up this horror all the time.

RAMA
Old March 20 2013, 06:56 PM   #77
Chrisisall
Commodore

All I know is that I want Trek V with Kirk battling a bunch of Rock-men!!!
Chrisisall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 07:18 PM   #78
Grant
Fleet Captain

Nightowl1701 wrote: View Post
I've read the shooting script. The only significant material that isn't on the DVD is:

1. McCoy's comeback to Kirk's 'drop in for dinner' line: "That's right, turn it all into a joke. Dammit Jim, are you that anxious to meet your Maker?"
2: A deleted line from Vixis when Klaa learns the Enterprise is going to Nimbus: "'There will be no peace as long as Kirk lives.' (quoting the Klingon Ambassador from the the last movie) Our Empire's highest bounty has been placed on his head."
3: As the Gailileo heads down to Nimbus, Kirk notices Spock looking disturbed. "You okay, Spock?" "I am fine, Captain. (on Kirk's look) Damn fine."
4: The aforementioned McCoy helping a redshirt scene. "Haven't seen a wound like that since med school - these people are savages." (hands the redshirt the 'bullet') "Here's a souvenir. Stay off that leg for at least two minutes."
5: The aforementioned Spock/McCoy lines near the end in the lounge before Kirk shows up:
McCoy - "Try this on for size. Has it occurred to you that the Great Barrier wasn't put there to keep us out...but to keep that thing in?"
Spock - "It has occurred to me."
McCoy - "Well? Doesn't that imply the existence of a higher power?"
Spock - "I will say this much, Doctor - we have yet to truly reach the final frontier."

That's it. That's all that's missing. Other than that, the missing Rockmen and the DVD deleted scenes, what Shatner and Loughery wrote is what's on the screen.

That's mostly correct--except there is a scene on the BOP before it attacks the Enterprise in orbit of Sha-ka-ree.

In fact the scene is shown on the 2-disc DVD during the interview with the two Klingon actors (with the dialogue muted.)

And just to be picky there are a few lines prior to Sybok showing McCoy's pain where Spock describes his 'power' as
"an ancient ritual, forbidden in modern times."

McCoy's line "You call this living...?" was followed by "...suspended between life and death by a bridge of pain."

Also, the fight scenes between Kirk's men and Sybok's forces were longer.

The scene between Kirk and 'Admiral Bob' had this exchange...

Kirk--"Klingons don't negotiate--they annihilate!"

Admiral--"That's why you have to get there first!"

Sybok's takeover battle of Paradise city was originally much longer and the line, "My friends behold paradise!" from the DVD deleteds wasn't awful.

McCoy had a nice line about the 3 envoy's having "typical hostage mentality."

A brief extension when Spock has the 'rock-gun' on Sybok....

SYBOK
(approaching Spock)
Spock, you can't stun me with that
weapon and I've always been
stronger than you. I'm afraid
you'll have to kill me.

They cut a few nice line to make room for some terrible stupid stuff.

So, what I'm saying is if you cut little tiny embarrassing gags that last a few seconds--there a few little things to replace them with that would even out the run-time a little bit and keep it from being a 90 minute quickie.

Link to script with above scenes/dialogue.
http://movies.trekcore.com/finalfron...alfrontier.txt

Last edited by Grant; March 20 2013 at 07:32 PM.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 10:51 PM   #79
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

RAMA wrote: View Post
I went to see this with a sister and her bf in 1989, and I apologized to him constantly after seeing it. He was mainly a SW fan, and always extolling it's virtues...I had to show him Scotty banging his head on a bulkhead and FX from a 1970s b movie...ugh.

RAMA
I'd take The Final Frontier over Attack of the Clones anytime! TFF being a substantially more entertaining movie than the ultra-lame, laboured and boring snooze-fest that is AOTC... and I do consider myself a SW fan.
Old March 20 2013, 11:00 PM   #80
Chrisisall
Commodore

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
I'd take The Final Frontier over Attack of the Clones anytime! TFF being a substantially more entertaining movie than the ultra-lame, laboured and boring snooze-fest that is AOTC... and I do consider myself a SW fan.
AOTC was WAAAY better than TPM.... but still not as good as TFF IMO.
Chrisisall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 11:50 PM   #81
Nightowl1701
Captain

Nope, I've gotta side with Lokai. Attack of the Clones was by far the worst of the six SW films (and FAR worse than even Nemesis, never mind TFF). That thing was rushed through production with an unfinished script, and it showed. It relied far more on 90%+ CGI action sequences than either TPM or ROTS, was bogged down by both a 'romance' that Lucas (wisely?) mostly left on the cutting room floor and a 'mystery' that went nowhere and never got explained (at least onscreen), and was so badly edited that at times you felt you were watching a student film.

And don't even get me started on the acting...
Nightowl1701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 11:15 PM   #82
wjaspers
Lieutenant Commander

RAMA wrote: View Post

RAMA
I wish you would stop bringing up this story all the time.
wjaspers is offline   Reply With Quote