Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 19 2013, 04:59 PM   #1651
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Yea, it's easy for us to criticize after the fact, or being on the sidelines as the audience, but, Andrea doesn't know she's in a TV show nd that the Governor coouldn't die this early at the hands of Zombies, someone needs to take revenge against him and it was very lucky he would die before the last episode of the season (or at least not before the end of the Penultimate episode of the season)
Smart ass.
But...I was defending your position

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 06:30 PM   #1652
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Yea, it's easy for us to criticize after the fact, or being on the sidelines as the audience
I think some criticize because knowing the governor could escape (even if bitten), he would still come after her. From my view, all options are in play in a critical situation, and yes, if I could not start the truck, I would reach under the steering column and rip the wires, then bail. Remember, Andrea is running for her life--this was not another trip to negotiate. This was "it" for her, so to ensure escape, you do whatever is necessary.

On the other hand, i've already said she should not be so drained (based on performance in S2's finale) that burning shoe leather was beyond her capabilities. If anything, Andrea would have burned out right near the prison gates, and by that time, Rick's scope would spot her.

Oh, and we get that for the story's demands, the governor has to be around, but that can be accomplished whether Andrea is a captive or not, as nothing will stop the coming battle.
Old March 19 2013, 07:48 PM   #1653
PKerr
Rear Admiral

I'd like to know how he snuck up on her at the prison with that loud truck, with no background noise you could hear it coming from a mile away, if he parked it a mile away are we to believe he drug her all the way back without her escaping?
If he knocked her out did he hoof her all the way back to the truck? If so that must have been a real chore.

BTW another fluff episode IMO, we could have gotten the point with the whole thing in about 1/4th of the time it took.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 09:08 PM   #1654
Ryan8bit
Commodore

So let's look at Andrea's thought process for a second here.

A) The governor is dead
Ok, it's not necessary to do anything to his car. Nor could you really use it unless you went to get his keys.

B) The governor will survive
Andrea is on the other side of a large building. By the time she gets to the vehicle, he could already be there, or he could catch up to her while she's slashing tires. It's not a very smart move unless she was armed to defend herself.

Seems like she made the right choice to me. If she went back and he caught her there, people would probably be complaining about that too.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 09:54 PM   #1655
Mojochi
Commodore

Has Andrea ever done anything intelligently? I'm serious. Can anyone remember anything Andrea has ever done that was intelligent & done intelligently? Let's start a list if we can, because I'm drawing a blank

So I've just resigned myself to the fact that she's a complete dumbass. The closest I can recall her coming to a smart move was copying Michonne's walker pet idea, that got her to the prison the 1st time, & even then she had a helper, a helper who informed on her the whole time

The only consistent trait she has is stupidity. That stunt with the door was the closest to smart she can get, & even that didn't work
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 10:00 PM   #1656
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post

Tyrese is cool. I hope he and his wife become part of the main group. I loved the scene where he was practicing shooting at the walkers.
Has it been established that is is wife or his sister?
Actually, I don't know. That was just the vibe I got.
Old March 19 2013, 10:11 PM   #1657
Dream
Admiral

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Has Andrea ever done anything intelligently? I'm serious. Can anyone remember anything Andrea has ever done that was intelligent & done intelligently? Let's start a list if we can, because I'm drawing a blank
Her dumbest movie is still shooting Daryl in the head on the farm when everyone was telling her not to shoot.

The actress still gets a ton of hate mail for that!

People would find her more tolerable if she had been caught trying to slash the tires instead of just leaving the truck alone and being caught at the last moment. Even if she had failed, at least she would have tried to be smart by damaging the truck.
Old March 19 2013, 11:12 PM   #1658
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Tyrese is cool. I hope he and his wife become part of the main group. I loved the scene where he was practicing shooting at the walkers.
It's his sister, according to the Walking Dead wiki.
auntiehill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 11:46 PM   #1659
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

The only consistent trait she has is stupidity. That stunt with the door was the closest to smart she can get, & even that didn't work
I've been one of Andrea's biggest critics throughout the show, but this is pretty harsh. Really, all the criticism of her in this episode has been a bit much considering we finally see her decide to turn on the Gov.

Also: she called Lori on her ridiculous bullshit about "Oh, us wimmins should stick to cookin's and cleanin's while the Big Strong Men protect us" last season, so there's that. Only time until this ep I've really rooted for her.

And I'm not getting the "filler" complaints; I wouldn't call any episodes we've gotten so far filler.
Old March 20 2013, 12:02 AM   #1660
JD
Admiral

auntiehill wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure I've seen references to her being his sister on other sites.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 12:04 AM   #1661
Dream
Admiral

New Photos for next week's episode

Old March 20 2013, 12:09 AM   #1662
sojourner
Vice Admiral

They may not be that spoilery, but still, Spoiler tags dude

And that's a pretty fresh zombie in that first pic.
Old March 20 2013, 12:40 AM   #1663
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure I've seen references to her being his sister on other sites.
Well, and it's come up a couple times in the show; at the very least definitely in this last one.
Old March 20 2013, 01:17 AM   #1664
Caligula
Vice Admiral

"Andrea, you ignorant slut!" should be in the next Walking Dead meme.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 02:39 AM   #1665
Mojochi
Commodore

Kestrel wrote: View Post
I've been one of Andrea's biggest critics throughout the show, but this is pretty harsh. Really, all the criticism of her in this episode has been a bit much considering we finally see her decide to turn on the Gov.

Also: she called Lori on her ridiculous bullshit about "Oh, us wimmins should stick to cookin's and cleanin's while the Big Strong Men protect us" last season, so there's that. Only time until this ep I've really rooted for her.
I'll agree that some folks have gone too far in maligning her, offensively so even, and that it's been possible, a time or two, to empathize with her, or to get behind her once in a blue moon, but all of that still doesn't offer up anything to suggest she isn't a moron. I don't think I'm being too harsh at all. I'm just calling her stupid & gullible.

She has never to my knowledge done anything intelligently, & that includes finally figuring out the Gov. is not someone to support. She let herself be dumb, & turn a blind eye for as long as she possibly could, to the point that it was undeniable, before she came around to what was obvious.

I cut Andrea a fair shake all the way up to when she shot at Daryl like an idiot, & from that point on it was just too hard to not continually ask "How stupid is this person going to get?" & she's gotten much more stupid since then. I don't think she deserves to suffer a Mengele session for her stupidity (& I figure she won't) but it's just too hard to accept that someone so dumb could survive this long, when simple bad luck does in smarter people all the time, like T-Dog or Dale
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote