Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 13 2013, 01:35 AM   #106
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: Lost Girl Season 3

Well, that was fast. io9.com has already coined the term "Valkubus."
Old March 13 2013, 01:40 AM   #107
Christopher
Writer

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
A term which I already coined three weeks ago in this very thread. I'm prophetic!

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 01:51 AM   #108
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
LoBo is Khund for "He who consumes your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it"
Geek question: Bo meets LoBo (THE MAIN MAN) in a dark alley. Does Bo seduce him into turning over all his power or does LoBo use her like a Kleenex and go "Now where's this babe Kenzie I been hearin' about?"

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 02:30 AM   #109
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

You don't seduce Lobo. He just assumes every man, woman and mammal in the universe wants him and is subtly presenting themselves, but there's only so many hours in the day so he tends to ignore all that... Parasite can drain Superman, but I don't think Bo can drain some like Lobo who is as powerful as Superman because it's just a completely different economy of scale, but in the attempt she would be hella super charged.

Lobo would let Kenzie ride his space dolphins.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 03:01 AM   #110
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
A term which I already coined three weeks ago in this very thread. I'm prophetic!
I stand corrected!
Old March 13 2013, 03:18 AM   #111
Christopher
Writer

Well, I doubt the io9 reviewer reads this forum, so it was probably an independent coinage. (Particularly since they spelled it "Valkcubus.")

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 02:40 PM   #112
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
^See, I'm not talking about how the characters see it. I'm a writer, so I tend to look at stories more from the perspective of what the writers are thinking, and what techniques and tricks of the trade they're using. The way this scene was written felt to me like the writers were setting up a "protagonist fights with romantic partner and partner is tempted by someone else" storyline. I hope that's not the case, precisely because you're right that it would be out of character for Lauren. But that's the vibe I got, and though I hope it doesn't turn out that way, I'm concerned by the possibility.
Let's hope these writers are using that conceit against us. Its natural to see this as a plot device, and as I said for the fella and Bo to see it (plot device) as a challenge/risk.

I'm just hoping and praying that Lauren gives them both (if necessary) the smack down for thinking so little of her.

Do you think the interloper could be the wanderer?
Old March 13 2013, 10:17 PM   #113
Cap'n Crunch
Captain

^ Yeah, I'm thinking scientist guy turns out to be The Wanderer.
Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair. You know that. - John Marston, Red Dead Redemption
Cap'n Crunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 11:59 PM   #114
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I figured he'd either be a romantic complication or up to something shady.
Old March 14 2013, 03:39 AM   #115
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
What the frick are you doing in the season 3 thread?

It must be like time travel?

Sweeeeet!
I started watching after reading posts here, and before spending money on buying the dvds. Since season 1 was only 13 eps and cheaper, I waited until I saw it before investing in season 2's dvds.

I gotta say... so far Kenzi is my fav on this show, especially when she makes allusions to other shows. (I think she called someone a klingon once, iirc.)
I'm kinda in the same boat with you. I just got hooked on the show back in December when I decided to splurge on Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. I don't know why this show captured my attention in a way that other shows don't. But from the outset, something about the DVD boxes just called to me. And once I learned about Doccubus, other considerations pushed it from the maybe-someday-when-I-get-around-to-it pile (where many other shows are currently languishing unwatched, including Being Human, Fringe, Merlin, Primeval, Sanctuary, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, and the last half-season of Battlestar Galactica) to the must-watch-now pile. I finished the first 2 seasons in a matter of weeks but I don't have cable, so I'm fairly lost here. I'm constantly torn between my desire to remain spoiler-free and the fact that I'm a sugar addict licking the empty bowl.

But, yeah, Kenzi is awesome! She's the main reason I have any non-prurient interest in the show. She's just so fun! She reminds me of Maria from Roswell.

Tasmin was hitting on Dyson recently... Mmmmm?

But Tasmin and Lauren don't connect.

So what we got here is two overlapping triangles.

A Love-star-of-David.
Or is this another Quadrangle of Doom like the whole Anders/Starbuck/Apollo/Dee debacle from Battlestar Galatica? (Actually, the might have even been 5 points if you count the Apollo/Dee/Billy stuff.)
Old March 14 2013, 12:22 PM   #116
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Strangely enough, I was totally fascinated with Anna Silk's character of Cassidy in Being Erica, but Lost Girl just does not catch my interest even though I've made myself watch all the episodes in hopes it would get better. It hasn't happened and the latest episode is filled with so much sloppy writing and unexplained stuff that its unfathomable. I think I'm bowing out of Lost Girl for good.
Old March 14 2013, 02:54 PM   #117
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
the maybe-someday-when-I-get-around-to-it pile (where many other shows are currently languishing unwatched, including Being Human, Fringe, Merlin, Primeval, Sanctuary, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, and the last half-season of Battlestar Galactica)

Wait... which half was Roslyn's "I'M COMING FOR ALL OF YOU!" threat screamed out????

You missed that????

(BSG geek)
Old March 17 2013, 03:35 AM   #118
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Now that I've finished season 1 & 2 's dvds and caught the early season 3 eps... I have a couple questions... one which I'll repeat.

1) I realize "we saw" Bo kiss/ko the dude at the end of the premiere, and have seen her dream about it... but why would she lose it so bad with a fae that he died (I thought she couldn't kill fae that way, just humans) and NOT even come close to losing it with Lauren. Lauren should succumb more easily due to her humaness.

So, did Bo really kill that dark fae guy, or is that a vision / nightmare placed within her to lead us astray?

2) Are we sure that the photo Tamsin showed coma guy was Bo? (It didn't look like her, although the full photo was never seen).

If Tamsin was placed within the police dept to pin the dark fae murders on Bo, why didn't she tell the Morrigan the truth IF Bo did them... or tell the truth IF Bo didn't do them?

3) Is the reason the Morrigan doesn't like Tamsin and want her dead (in the "Revert them to prepubertal teen episode") because she suspects the Valkarie is holding something back... or is there something else going on between these two that makes them distrust/dislike each other?

4) Since there are bad "light fae" why is it so hard for Bo to consider there are good "dark fae", and who do you believe on that score? Is Tamsin one of the good guys.. or not?

Have you seen the interview before season 3 aired? Contains spoilers re: blood on someone's shirt and the name/relationship of an upcoming guest star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0Ouy_CNMM

and part 2 is here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHVm0dn1hDc

and 3 is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZdBArPKTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZdBArPKTY&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZdBArPKTY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
Old March 19 2013, 05:55 PM   #119
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Well... the dawning was a bit... underwhelming.

Dyson was ready to stay in limbo for eternity. Gotta love those loyal "lone" wolf types. I think if Kenzi was ever reincarnated, she return as Dyson.

Loved Kenzi stealing the shells from Trick's shot gun. You go, girl!

Was glad they mentioned the events of the last ep a couple times, but was confused by Lauren's response, ignoring 27 attempts to contact her before Bo went into a fight she may not survive???

Was pleased with Kenzi's response. You KISSED (Tamsin)her????

Talking about a polygon... with Lauren, Bo is connected to humanity, with Dyson she is connected to the Light Fae, and with Tamsin she is connected to the Dark Fae.

Of course... whether Lauren can handle the idea of sharing Bo with others that love Bo as much as Lauren does... vs just sharing Bo with someone "servicing" her succubus needs, is the real question.

We already know Dyson's answer, although he's too honorable to repeat himself.

We don't know anything about what Tamsin thinks.

It will be interesting to hear what the Mother thinks.
Old March 19 2013, 10:06 PM   #120
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Well, that was another surreal episode, though a bit anticlimactic. I find it hard to believe that every single Fae goes through something like this-- I have a feeling that the experience for the average Fae is a bit more low rent.

And was that Caretaker guy the Hippie Werewolf from Being Human?

And why didn't anyone comment on Bo going all Dark Bo again? Did she suck that memory out of their heads?