New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 19 2013, 09:40 AM   #616
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Ground Hog day... Where is she every evening before she's zapped back to her bed still stinking of sex with the big bad wolf from the night before which never happened. I hope it was good sex she's waking up in the afterglow of and not (big) bad sex she wakes up pissed off at the world about, because no matter how free her mind is the chemicals in her body are still caught by the curse and reset her to the day before which is why she doesn't age either that she has no control over her disposition until she wills herself out of her factory settings.

We saw the purple magic fog sweep over the country side and roll over their tent where they were hiding from the storm which was the construction of Storybrook.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 12:25 PM   #617
stj
Rear Admiral

Groundhog Day reformed Bill Murray, so I suppose it can reform Lana Parilla. Rumplestiltskin was reformed by Belle. Of course, the whole curse thing was carried out by him even after he was reformed. Rumplestiltskin always succeeds in his long term plans but being a reformed character, the rewards of success can only confirm him in his goodness. I must say that the show is amazingly positive about Rumple.

Re Henry and Regina, Regina is the kind of mother who'll make him go to bed at night, and go to school, and eat his vegetables, and wash behind his ears, and nag him about getting into a good college. He is always going to prefer Emma and the youngest grandparents on the planet.
Old March 19 2013, 05:37 PM   #618
JanewayRulz!
Rear Admiral

Is it inconsistancy on the part pf the writers... or is there something special about Henry that Henry can leave and return to Storybrook (the pilot episode) but when the Jersey boy left Storybrook he could not return?
Old March 19 2013, 05:48 PM   #619
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
Is it inconsistancy on the part pf the writers... or is there something special about Henry that Henry can leave and return to Storybrook (the pilot episode) but when the Jersey boy left Storybrook he could not return?
Yes, Henry is descended from an Enchanted Forest bloodline. Owen wasn't.

I do wonder how Henry got to Storybrook. The first season it is indicated that Gold arranged Henry's adoption. How did Henry get there if no one could see the town?
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 06:22 PM   #620
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Vendikarr wrote: View Post

I do wonder how Henry got to Storybrook. The first season it is indicated that Gold arranged Henry's adoption. How did Henry get there if no one could see the town?
The same way Emma did: by being of an Enchanted Forest bloodline, and thus able to see Storybrooke even when it was cursed.

Presumably, Neal/Baelfire could have come there during the curse, as well.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 06:26 PM   #621
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

I assumed Pinnochio did it, especially considering he knew Baelfire/Neal was his father ad his connection to the Storybrookers.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 06:28 PM   #622
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Sindatur wrote: View Post

I assumed Pinnochio did it, especially considering he knew Baelfire/Neal was his father ad his connection to the Storybrookers.
Pinnochio is basically this show's wizard, isn't he? Can't explain something--Pinnochio did it!
My blog
Old March 19 2013, 06:42 PM   #623
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post

Pinnochio is basically this show's wizard, isn't he? Can't explain something--Pinnochio did it!
In this case, though, there's a reason to suggest it, since he was supposed to be Emma's "Guardian/Protector" in the Real World.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 06:45 PM   #624
Myko
Commander

Is there a reason to believe Owen wouldn't have seen the town if he had crossed the town line?
Old March 19 2013, 06:52 PM   #625
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

Myko wrote: View Post
Is there a reason to believe Owen wouldn't have seen the town if he had crossed the town line?
That wouldn't make much sense, since there's a road going right through where Storybrooke is supposed to be. Presumably, cursed Storybrooke could see the outside world, and possibly even enter it, but no one from outside could enter. Owen standing at the edge of town was done for drama, not because if he took a few steps forward, he'd have magically seen Storybrooke.

The only reason Owen and his father found Storybrooke in the first place is because they were within its boundaries when it was formed in our world.
My blog
Old March 19 2013, 06:54 PM   #626
sonak
Vice Admiral

the kid increasingly annoys me this season with his whining.
Old March 20 2013, 12:37 AM   #627
JD
Admiral

It wasn't one of their best episodes, but I enjoyed it overall. It was kind of cool seeing the beginnings of Storybrooke. I wasn't at all surprised when the kid turned out to be the car accident guy, while I didn't think of it right away it was pretty obvious once it was revealed.
I'm curious where they are going with the darkness on Snows heart. I wonder if that would be reversible?
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 12:39 AM   #628
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

JD wrote: View Post
I'm curious where they are going with the darkness on Snows heart. I wonder if that would be reversible?
No doubt it will be cured with some combination of magic and love, once she actually tells someone about it.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 02:12 AM   #629
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I don't want to see Snow White turned back into a nicegirl until after I've seen her darkness turn into the ability to use magic and take out a few aircraft carriers, and then confront the president in the oval office.

I'm assuming that Owen drove up and down that stretch of road all the time looking for Storybrook and saw dick. The town was invisible and immaterial to the outside world with some exceptions.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 02:18 AM   #630
sonak
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
No doubt it will be cured with some combination of magic and love, once she actually tells someone about it.

yeah, in fantasy stories with magic and no rules, there's less of a "well how will they resolve this?" question.

Magic spell, magic object, power of love, etc. all possibilities