RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,360
Posts: 5,355,702
Members: 24,626
Currently online: 563
Newest member: glmrkills

TrekToday headlines

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 18 2013, 10:11 PM   #1
Aike
Commander
 
STID and Number of Views on Youtube

I have been looking at the number of views of the trailers on Youtube for this year´s blockbuster movies.

And STID was doing great with the first teaser trailer back in December, but Man of Steel did a lot better. Then, the official trailer did a lot worse.

Some random movies (searching for official trailer plus title):

World War Z 5.1 million
Iron Man 3 6.6 million
Fast And Furious 5.2 million
Hangover III 3.5 million
Man of Steel (The second trailer on Warner´s channel) 29.2 million
Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer 13 million
Star Trek Into Darkness #2 trailer 2.4 million

What do you think? Is the interest in Into Darkness fading? Will the big push in April and May turn it around?

I think the movie will gross about 500 million dollars worldwide. Still, I get worried when I see that the interest might be smaller than I first thought.
Aike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2013, 10:16 PM   #2
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: England again
Re: STID and Number of Views on Youtube

Remember that the first couple of Into Darkness trailers were (meant to be) iTunes exclusives for the first few days.

Still... this place does seem oddly quiet considering a new movie is right around the corner.
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2013, 10:17 PM   #3
T'Girl
Vice Admiral
 
T'Girl's Avatar
 
Re: STID and Number of Views on Youtube

Aike wrote: View Post
Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer 13 million
While I don't suppose there would be, is there any way to tell how much of that is individuals viewing the trailer multiple times, verses how many people total have seen it?

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2013, 11:59 PM   #4
crucifixion
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: STID and Number of Views on Youtube

King Daniel wrote: View Post
Still... this place does seem oddly quiet considering a new movie is right around the corner.
Seriously, right?

Everyday I visit the here, TM and occassionally TW trying to find any glimmer of news/spoiler.

Not sure if all the secrecy has backfired?
crucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 01:34 AM   #5
Ovation
Vice Admiral
 
Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: STID and Number of Views on Youtube

Well, apart from getting a chance to watch the actual movie (and we know when that will be), what more, at this stage, does anyone expect?
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 02:00 AM   #6
RAMA
Vice Admiral
 
RAMA's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
Re: STID and Number of Views on Youtube

Youtube views aren't a good gauge, besides, there are dozens postings of the 5 trailers. Add those up and the views would skyrocket. Plus someone pointed out that there were some itunes exclusives that may have numbered in the miillions for a day or two. Recently there was poll posted that said STID was the number one anticipated movie of the year, but I forget where that was posted (saw it on a feed somewhere).

It is strange that this site doesn't appear to be a good gauge of the anticipation of the movie. I think a lot of people see this movie as mysterious and don't want to spoil themselves.

RAMA
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 03:22 AM   #7
Devon
Fleet Captain
 
Devon's Avatar
 
Re: STID and Number of Views on Youtube

Aike wrote: View Post
I have been looking at the number of views of the trailers on Youtube for this year´s blockbuster movies.

And STID was doing great with the first teaser trailer back in December, but Man of Steel did a lot better. Then, the official trailer did a lot worse.

Some random movies (searching for official trailer plus title):

World War Z 5.1 million
Iron Man 3 6.6 million
Fast And Furious 5.2 million
Hangover III 3.5 million
Man of Steel (The second trailer on Warner´s channel) 29.2 million
Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer 13 million
Star Trek Into Darkness #2 trailer 2.4 million

What do you think? Is the interest in Into Darkness fading? Will the big push in April and May turn it around?

I think the movie will gross about 500 million dollars worldwide. Still, I get worried when I see that the interest might be smaller than I first thought.
Paramount does seem to be slightly complacent in regards to this film compared to the last one. We haven't heard of any promotional tie ins yet, etc. All we have is Kre-Os..... TrekMovie was a big part of the experience, at least for me, with the last film. Anthony disappearing from TrekMovie.com and leaving the site lifeless for one or two weeks at a time kills the momentum too. Oh well, we still have two months.
__________________
Follow my Star Trek Model builds, music, art and more at Devon's Corner.
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 03:45 AM   #8
Tom Servo
Commodore
 
Tom Servo's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: STID and Number of Views on Youtube

Devon wrote: View Post
Aike wrote: View Post
I have been looking at the number of views of the trailers on Youtube for this year´s blockbuster movies.

And STID was doing great with the first teaser trailer back in December, but Man of Steel did a lot better. Then, the official trailer did a lot worse.

Some random movies (searching for official trailer plus title):

World War Z 5.1 million
Iron Man 3 6.6 million
Fast And Furious 5.2 million
Hangover III 3.5 million
Man of Steel (The second trailer on Warner´s channel) 29.2 million
Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer 13 million
Star Trek Into Darkness #2 trailer 2.4 million

What do you think? Is the interest in Into Darkness fading? Will the big push in April and May turn it around?

I think the movie will gross about 500 million dollars worldwide. Still, I get worried when I see that the interest might be smaller than I first thought.
Paramount does seem to be slightly complacent in regards to this film compared to the last one. We haven't heard of any promotional tie ins yet, etc. All we have is Kre-Os..... TrekMovie was a big part of the experience, at least for me, with the last film. Anthony disappearing from TrekMovie.com and leaving the site lifeless for one or two weeks at a time kills the momentum too. Oh well, we still have two months.
I figure we're going to see it ramp up significantly after the release of the theatrical trailer with GI Joe.
__________________
"I like this ship! It's exciting!"-Scotty "Star Trek"

Member of Red Sox Nation
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.