The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old February 7 2013, 05:56 PM   #31
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.
Re: Katawa Shoujo anyone?

Just checking in to say, "Happy Birthday Lilly!"

Shh, just don't tell her the cake really says "Congratulations on coming out!".

It was half off.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 04:54 PM   #32
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

This game grabbed me by the heart strings and tugged, hard. I played it for the first time after a breakup that I was having a hard time getting over, and stumbled on to Emi's path. It taught me alot, about the overly-attached "white knight" kind of boyfriend I was, and not letting adversity keep you down for long.

On another note, I hear "Air Guitar" in my head whenever I go for a walk. Especially in the early morning when I arrive at school, and the sun is just barely over the hills behind my school. The music combined with that kind of imagery is reassuring in a way that I don't think I've ever felt before. "Wiosna" is still my favorite, though :P
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 10:02 AM   #33
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

I'm glad someone else has discovered it. Emi was my first girl too, and while shes sweet and wonderful and inspirational, it was Hanako who stole my heart and taught me the same 'white knight' lesson. I'm a lot like her really, shy, and wishing I could connect with outhers, but never really being able to.

As for music, its "Innocence" , and "Comfort" that get to me. I have to hold back hard to keep from bursting into tears.

So at this point Shizune is the only girl I haven't played. I guess I'm reluctant to have the game end.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old March 4 2013, 02:06 AM   #34
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Man some of the fanart for this game is a-mazing!

Just sayin'.

Old March 17 2013, 11:03 PM   #35
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

I don't know why, but I never thought I'd see a Katawa Shoujo thread here. Dem feels and so forth.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2013, 12:14 AM   #36
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

It surprised me too. I honestly didn't thing it was very well known outside of the worlds of 4Chan and Reddit. Granted, with how few participants there are in this thread, that may just be the case.
Old March 19 2013, 06:40 PM   #37
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Hah, well, there are a few closeted "Japonphiles" here I suppose.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 09:50 AM   #38
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Its pretty surprising how many hits you get on Google, or even Youtube. We're out here alright. I've been pretty much living on the KS forum for the past month.

Just had to start this thread right after I began playing in hopes of spreading the word and maybe getting a few BBS'ers to try it. Kinda hoped we'd have a bit more activity, but ah well.

Dedicated Hanako fan.

So, thoughts on the girls?

Shizuni - I've gotta confess I still haven't played her arc. Maybe I'm just afraid to actually finish the game.

Emi - Sure shes annoying sometimes, but she just oozes cute and adorable to the point where its impossible not to love her. Downright amazing how someone so sweet can be among the most sexually active characters in the game.

Rin - I feel bad for her, but I honestly have trouble connecting with her. I guess because I need some sort of emotional feedback in order to be drawn to a character, and with Rin, I get nuthin'.

Hanako - Is it wierd to be in love with a fictional character?

Lilly - An absolute Goddess in human form. How can you not love Lilly?

Last edited by Cutter John; March 20 2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old March 31 2013, 12:29 AM   #39
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Heck, Emi inspired me to start running, today!
This happened to me when it came out a year ago.

I got shin splints that still affect me to this day.