Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old March 11 2013, 05:38 PM   #31
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: Lonely Planet - Top 10 Cities

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
In contrast, I'm pretty sure I got the clap when I was in Derry.
So I guess you met someone very friendly there.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 05:41 PM   #32
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Sigokat wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
1001001 wrote: View Post
You'll love AT&T Park. Perfect for baseball (except for the garish Coke bottle).
Yeah, I am very excited about going there. AT&T Park and Dodger Stadium are the ones I'm most looking forward to on this tour.
Are you doing a ballpark tour? I think I heard something last year about a group of friends that did a summer tour of all the ballparks. Sounded like a lot of fun (if a bit expensive).

Growing up in Chicago (and a Cubs fan) I've been to Wrigley Field more times than I can remember. Been to both old and new Comiskey Park as well.

Last year, while in Baltimore for a concert fest I went to two games at Camden Yards. A great ballpark for sure and I had a lot of fun. Surprisingly its the only other professional park I've been to outside of Chicago (Driven outside of Kaufman and Busch, but never been inside them). I'm hoping if I get stationed in D.C. like I want to next year I'll get to see the Cubs play the Nats in their stadium and probably catch some more Os games at Camden Yards.

Have fun!
Chicago native here. I love Wrigley, and the old Comisky. I hate Cellular Field or whatever they call the new Comisky.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 10:44 PM   #33
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

^ I like US Cellular Field - NOW. It looked like crap when it was first built. What the hell were they thinking with the blue seats and the ridiculously high upper deck and all that crap? But the renovations have made it bearable. I had a great time there when I visited Chicago a couple of years ago. Pity it was so damn cold - Opening Day, and it never got above freezing the whole week. (Plus when I got off the Red Line and looked around for the Cell, I couldn't even see it - there was fog like you wouldn't believe) But I had to go then - it was literally the only week out of the entire season when the Cubs and Sox were in town at the same time!

I do regret that I never got the chance to visit Comiskey.

As for Wrigley Field - I had a good time there too (fans were very friendly, and I even got to sit in the Bartman seat), but since it was so early, the ivy hadn't grown in yet. Still, I like the place, although I think it will look much better after its renovations that were just announced.
Old March 16 2013, 05:13 AM   #34
Sigokat
Commander

Location: Fort Bragg, NC but from Chicago (currently deployed)

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Sigokat wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post

Yeah, I am very excited about going there. AT&T Park and Dodger Stadium are the ones I'm most looking forward to on this tour.
Are you doing a ballpark tour? I think I heard something last year about a group of friends that did a summer tour of all the ballparks. Sounded like a lot of fun (if a bit expensive).

Growing up in Chicago (and a Cubs fan) I've been to Wrigley Field more times than I can remember. Been to both old and new Comiskey Park as well.

Last year, while in Baltimore for a concert fest I went to two games at Camden Yards. A great ballpark for sure and I had a lot of fun. Surprisingly its the only other professional park I've been to outside of Chicago (Driven outside of Kaufman and Busch, but never been inside them). I'm hoping if I get stationed in D.C. like I want to next year I'll get to see the Cubs play the Nats in their stadium and probably catch some more Os games at Camden Yards.

Have fun!
Chicago native here. I love Wrigley, and the old Comisky. I hate Cellular Field or whatever they call the new Comisky.
Yeah I've only been to new Comisky (or US Celleular or whatever) once or twice and it was years ago.

2011 was the first time I did the rooftops at Wrigley. I traveled home from Huntsville for Memorial Day weekend just for the game. It was a rain delay, but luckily it cleared up just in time...however we were all pretty wasted on the free beer and food while waiting for the rain to clear up. Had to make a few trips down to Murphy's and the Cubbie Bear once the game started since the rooftops stopped providing the drinks after 3 hours even though the game was delayed by almost all of that.
Old April 6 2013, 02:44 AM   #35
TheMasterOfOrion
Fleet Captain

teacake wrote: View Post

I guess it's called the "lonely" planet for a reason!
ouch! not all those cities are bad
TheMasterOfOrion is offline   Reply With Quote