Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old March 15 2013, 04:08 PM   #16
Danlav05
Commander

Re: The Trek fan film you always wanted to see..?

captainkirk wrote: View Post
I'd like to see a fan film set in the new universe. Either on the Enterprise or the Kelvin.
I know WB have let Nolanverse Batman films go ahead, and Doctor Who fans have done stuff based on the newer seasons, but strangely Bad Robot/Paramount/CBS have vetoed anything based on the JJVerse.

Someone mentioned the Tressaurian Intersection above, and I'd like to throw in a mention to the German Original Series/Next Generation crossover feature 'Das Vermachtnis' (The Legacy), as featured in Denise Crosby's Trekkies 2 documentary. It cold have been just incredible!

http://www.der-deutsche-spock.de/fanfilm_de.htm

It featured well-tailored uniforms, Q, Klingons, plus great replicas of the original/-D bridge; TNG Shuttle and Klingon bridge. Picard looked younger but with hair, but that didn't matter. The whole thing just felt RIGHT. 'Vulcan' Willi Wiegand, a well-known Spock imperonator in Germany who was in charge of promotion, regularly corrosponded with fans online and provided updates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfdpx_3d2s

There's a preview of what might have been at 2:53. I would have watched the entire thing without subtitles/dubbing, even though I don't know German. Apparantly the whole thing was shot, however Director Christoph Hees decided in post-production it was 'God's will' that the thing would never be completed. Such a damn pity.

Hopefully all the footage still exists so someday it could be edited/SFX etc. Hopefully. I tried emailing Christoph on Willi's advice but alas no reply.
Danlav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 02:14 AM   #17
andriech
Commander

Send a message via AIM to andriech

Danlav05 wrote: View Post
captainkirk wrote: View Post
I'd like to see a fan film set in the new universe. Either on the Enterprise or the Kelvin.
I know WB have let Nolanverse Batman films go ahead, and Doctor Who fans have done stuff based on the newer seasons, but strangely Bad Robot/Paramount/CBS have vetoed anything based on the JJVerse.
Not really "strangely". They consider it direct competition to their licensed product.
Old March 17 2013, 02:59 AM   #18
CaptainMurdock
Lieutenant

Even though I didn't like Assignment Earth, It would be cool to see an AE fan film.
Old March 17 2013, 03:32 AM   #19
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

Danlav05 wrote: View Post
... I'd like to throw in a mention to the German Original Series/Next Generation crossover feature 'Das Vermachtnis' (The Legacy), as featured in Denise Crosby's Trekkies 2 documentary. It cold have been just incredible!

http://www.der-deutsche-spock.de/fanfilm_de.htm

It featured well-tailored uniforms, Q, Klingons, plus great replicas of the original/-D bridge; TNG Shuttle and Klingon bridge. Picard looked younger but with hair, but that didn't matter. The whole thing just felt RIGHT. 'Vulcan' Willi Wiegand, a well-known Spock imperonator in Germany who was in charge of promotion, regularly corrosponded with fans online and provided updates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfdpx_3d2s

There's a preview of what might have been at 2:53. I would have watched the entire thing without subtitles/dubbing, even though I don't know German. Apparantly the whole thing was shot, however Director Christoph Hees decided in post-production it was 'God's will' that the thing would never be completed. Such a damn pity.

Hopefully all the footage still exists so someday it could be edited/SFX etc. Hopefully. I tried emailing Christoph on Willi's advice but alas no reply.
My understanding of this is that the guys involved got married and had kids, and decided that was going to be their priority. I do think it could be finished one day, but we are looking at a Yorktown II type timeline.
Barbreader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 10:02 AM   #20
lurok
Commodore

lennier1 wrote: View Post
So far, Aurora seems to be the only project that really did go there and told a good story.
Aurora's a really lovely little TOS film and very true to spirit and character of series as long as one gets into the CG animation.
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 02:38 PM   #21
Danlav05
Commander

Barbreader wrote: View Post

My understanding of this is that the guys involved got married and had kids, and decided that was going to be their priority. I do think it could be finished one day, but we are looking at a Yorktown II type timeline.
Yeah - Willi always answers questions but English is not their first language.

I think the fate of the movie lies in the hands of Christoph Hees, the writer/producer/director - who did get married and is concentrating on his new family.

WWe all know that technology with the internet is evolving so fast these days - maybe the pickup will be faster than Yorktown? Christoph might get involved with the online community, and outsiders like Tobias Richter at The Light Works can help?

As long as he kept all the rushes then ONE DAY something can be done with it, Yorktown taught us that and I say the ame about the lost TOS game Secret of Vulcan Fury
Old March 17 2013, 09:09 PM   #22
publiusr
Commodore

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
doubleohfive wrote: View Post
The first shitbag to say "The Tressaurian Intersection" get's permabanned.
I thought that was an episode of the Big Bang Theory
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 11:09 PM   #23
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

publiusr wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
doubleohfive wrote: View Post
The first shitbag to say "The Tressaurian Intersection" get's permabanned.
I thought that was an episode of the Big Bang Theory
That's a great idea. Pitch it to CBS.
Barbreader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 02:46 AM   #24
Danlav05
Commander

CaptainMurdock wrote: View Post
Even though I didn't like Assignment Earth, It would be cool to see an AE fan film.

It's been done as a comic, but I bet someday someone will do it as a fan series

Surely
Old March 23 2013, 09:51 AM   #25
Ah, Forgive!
Commander

I've always wanted to see a show set in the TOS movie era with high-quality sets. Or something like Hidden Frontier with physical sets and a large budget.
Old March 23 2013, 10:24 AM   #26
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

I would love to see a fan (or any kind of) film miniseries based around the crew of the Enterprise-C, leading up to their final day.

I love the Ambassador-Class ship (my favourite by far of all the big starships in the fleet) and Rachel Garrett was a great character, the kind of Captain you'd follow anywhere.