New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 12 2013, 02:06 PM   #1531
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Did no one find it odd that Herschel was driving the car with part of his RIGHT leg missing?

The episode was fairly good but I think Rick and the Governor spent far too much time just staring at each other, given Rick's previous actions I can't believe he didn't just shoot the Governor in the face when he told him he wants them to surrender.

Seeing next week's previews I get the feeling that half the town is going to become hostel toward the Governor.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 02:56 PM   #1532
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

PKerr wrote: View Post
Did no one find it odd that Herschel was driving the car with part of his RIGHT leg missing?

The episode was fairly good but I think Rick and the Governor spent far too much time just staring at each other, given Rick's previous actions I can't believe he didn't just shoot the Governor in the face when he told him he wants them to surrender.
Rick did not shoot him because he realized the governor did not come alone. The second he pulled the trigger, who can say the governor--snake that he is--did not have snipers all over the general location? With Daryl and Herschel there, he would not risk their lives with such a move.
Old March 12 2013, 03:01 PM   #1533
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

Plus, underneath the pain, anguish, hardness... Rick is a good man.. He's pragmatic enough to know not to pick up a hitchhiker, but he's also a fair enough man to listen to what the Governor has to say, at the behest of Andrea...

He knows he's getting played, but he's going to at least listen to what the Gov had to say..

Plus, the only one fool enough to think that a treaty would even be considered was Andrea. This meeting between the Gov and Rick was purely a size up mission... Testing each other for weaknesses and such... Both men left knowing how this was really going to end.
Old March 12 2013, 03:36 PM   #1534
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Wait, so Rick doesn't shoot the governor in the face because he’s a thinking man and doesn't know how many people he may or may not have with him but last week he goes into a town that clearly says to stay out ALL OVER the place, sees booby traps ALL OVER the place, starts getting shot at by a sniper and has no idea how many people are in the town or where they might be but proceeds anyway?

Just out of pure reaction to the threat of surrender I would have shot him in the face and effectively cut the head off the viper like Merle suggested many times.
Old March 12 2013, 04:01 PM   #1535
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

And Martinez and company would have shot you and then gone to the prison to take revenge.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 05:10 PM   #1536
Tom
Rear Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
And Martinez and company would have shot you and then gone to the prison to take revenge.
I don't think so, Martinez is basically a solder and with out orders he does not seem the type to do that. Also I don't think Andrea and Milton who the town looks to would not let that happen. Without the governor leading, I think cooler heads would prevail at Woodbury.
Old March 12 2013, 05:23 PM   #1537
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Was the car a stick shift?

If not, why the question?

An automatic is supposed to be driven with only 1 foot, using one foot on the brake and the other foot on the gas is wrong, because your reacton time is slower

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 05:30 PM   #1538
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Tom wrote: View Post
Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
I don't think so, Martinez is basically a solder and with out orders he does not seem the type to do that. Also I don't think Andrea and Milton who the town looks to would not let that happen. Without the governor leading, I think cooler heads would prevail at Woodbury.

I would have shot him before they pulled up and then shot then when they pulled up.
Old March 12 2013, 05:33 PM   #1539
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post

An automatic is supposed to be driven with only 1 foot, using one foot on the brake and the other foot on the gas is wrong, because your reacton time is slower
Can you push the gas peddle with your left foot?
If so I'll bet it's not very easy to drive that way.
Old March 12 2013, 05:38 PM   #1540
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

An automatic is supposed to be driven with only 1 foot, using one foot on the brake and the other foot on the gas is wrong because your reacton time is slower
I would imagine it's much easier when your right foot isn't in the way. As long as you don't have a console in the middle of the seat preventing it, you can merely scoot over to the right a bit, so, your left foot is more aligned. But, yea, I can push the gas peddle with my left foot...you can't? Yea, it's not easy diving like that, but, I have both legs, so, my body hasn't adapted to it, and the right foot would be a burden. Also, someone coulda rigged up a hand level for the gas for him

People with missing limbs adapt

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 05:46 PM   #1541
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Not operating from spoilers or anything of that nature, but I can see that happening to him at the hands of Maggie, Michonne, or Andrea. I think its almost a sure thing a woman will be the agent of his downfall.
It's going to have to be a princple that kiills of the Governor because we as the viewer just aren't emotionally invested in the townsfolk IMO. They are simply background noise to the main part of the story and the characters.
Disagree...the comics painted that picture for us nicely.
Old March 12 2013, 05:52 PM   #1542
Scout101
Admiral

Alternative is "get killed by henchmen or eaten by a zombie", so scooting your left foot 6 inches right is probably not a big deal. Darrell rode his bike, and Rick was inside, so Herschel needed to be in the car in case they made a quick escape. Really not a nit worth picking...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 06:45 PM   #1543
TemporalFlux
Commodore

And CableOne looks to be the latest AMC hold out; I probably won't be able to see the last three episodes on premiere day because CableOne is trying to hold AMC to the terms of a 6 year old contract. My favorite part of this has been when we point blank asked CableOne if they were going to lower the cost of our bill after deleting a channel we're currently paying for. The response was no comment.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 06:55 PM   #1544
PKerr
Rear Admiral

An automatic is supposed to be driven with only 1 foot, using one foot on the brake and the other foot on the gas is wrong because your reacton time is slower
I would imagine it's much easier when your right foot isn't in the way. As long as you don't have a console in the middle of the seat preventing it, you can merely scoot over to the right a bit, so, your left foot is more aligned. But, yea, I can push the gas peddle with my left foot...you can't? Yea, it's not easy diving like that, but, I have both legs, so, my body hasn't adapted to it, and the right foot would be a burden. Also, someone coulda rigged up a hand level for the gas for him

People with missing limbs adapt

Ummm ok......

Last edited by PKerr; March 12 2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old March 12 2013, 10:46 PM   #1545
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I doubt that Rick will be stupid enough to hand over Michonne. First of all, it's wrong. Second of all, he knows the Governor will still come after them. Third of all, Michonne is one of his best fighters. Most of all, she would not exactly go gently into that good night.

I've given up on Andrea. She's stupid beyond belief.

The "Camp David" sequences were really good. A quiet battle of wills between Rick and the Governor inside, while their people bond outside. I wonder if Milton and Martinez will ultimately be instrumental in the Governor losing the war.

I liked Glenn and Beth trying to keep a lid on Merle, but he's never going to be anything but trouble.