Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 11 2013, 11:24 PM   #91
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Lost Girl Season 3

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
What the frick are you doing in the season 3 thread?

It must be like time travel?

Sweeeeet!
I started watching after reading posts here, and before spending money on buying the dvds. Since season 1 was only 13 eps and cheaper, I waited until I saw it before investing in season 2's dvds.

I gotta say... so far Kenzi is my fav on this show, especially when she makes allusions to other shows. (I think she called someone a klingon once, iirc.)

Why are you referring to Warehouse 13 in the past tense?
Because a thread on another discussion board has been actively discussing this very question and is (obviously) pessimistic about the outcome, based on the recent "Eureka" drama and their feeling that SyFy bails after 4-5 seasons due to the costs of the "mature" show.

Who knows... if netflix & Hulu based series become winners, maybe the Firefly's of the future can find a way to ressurect themselves even after a network / cable cancellation.

IIRC, 2 "daily" soap operas are coming back that way.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/25/can...n-hulu-itunes/
Old March 12 2013, 02:38 AM   #92
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

While you are next travelling through time into the past, could you "remind" me about today's lottery numbers.

Please and thank you.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 01:45 PM   #93
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Are we about to have a love rectangle on Lost Girl?
Old March 12 2013, 03:14 PM   #94
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Tasmin was hitting on Dyson recently... Mmmmm?

But Tasmin and Lauren don't connect.

So what we got here is two overlapping triangles.

A Love-star-of-David.

Old March 12 2013, 03:52 PM   #95
Christopher
Writer

This was a weird one. It felt kind of contrived and artificial, and that's because it was a contrived and artificial situation in-story. It had its moments, but I am starting to see why some are saying the season feels unfocused.

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I like Bo/Lauren (and no, "BoLo" is a terrible name for them -- I prefer "Doccubus"), and I didn't care for their contrived fight here. On the other hand, I'm really liking the Bo/Tamsin chemistry, I like it when they kiss, and I would really like to see them take it a lot further. Of course, given Bo's succubus nature, and her agreement with Lauren that monogamy isn't an option for her, maybe I can get the best of both worlds. But that didn't seem to be how they were playing it. It was rather weird toward the end when they had that other scientist guy show up and take Lauren out. It's never before been hinted that Lauren is the least bit interested in men, and it would feel a bit contrived and Torchwoody if she just suddenly turned out to be bisexual.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 06:36 PM   #96
Adm. Maleficent
Vice Admiral

I'd rather see Bo and Lauren stay together. I like them as a couple. Hopefully, this ep was just a confusing blip and the writers will get back to it. The point of Dyson being there is to give Bo a choice, and if it ends up Bo/Dyson, so be it. I have a preference, but I'm not married to it.

I might, however, stop watching if it ends up Bo/Tamsin. I hate Tamsin. I'm not crazy about the actress that plays Tamsin. I just want to see Bo/Tamsin last long enough for Bo to suck Tamsin dry and send her Valkyrie behind off to Valhalla.

Just my two cents.

-Tom Clancy
Adm. Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 09:08 PM   #97
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

It was rather weird toward the end when they had that other scientist guy show up and take Lauren out.
Lauren needs to bond with someone who appreciates her for her mind. I don't see him as a competition for Bo in the romantic arena... but worse he's competition for Bo in the professional arena. He GETS the joke about why chemists like nitrates... and laughs. I think Lauren needs a little TLC the way Kenzi dotes/smacks Bo around and she's probably too clueless to see him as someone who could help her screw up her romance with Bo.

Now as for Tamsin... don't know enough about the chick to comment since I've only seen the last three season 3 eps... but it did seem she was looking for something more from Bo than just to help her "recharge" the girl's batteries.

Although I liked the steampunk look of the contraption in the Bar... it seemed too weird/nonsensical even for this show.
Old March 12 2013, 09:50 PM   #98
Christopher
Writer

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
Lauren needs to bond with someone who appreciates her for her mind. I don't see him as a competition for Bo in the romantic arena... but worse he's competition for Bo in the professional arena.
Sure, I hope that's all it is, but the way the scene was played made it feel like they introduced this character in order to be a romantic rival for Bo. I mean, this is a series where sexuality is always pretty much at the forefront, so it's hard to read something like this as strictly platonic.

And just as a matter of credibility, I'd think that if a man showed interest in her and asked her out to dinner, Lauren would want to make it clear up front that a) she's seeing someone and b) it's a woman, just so he wouldn't get the wrong idea about what to expect. The fact that she didn't make that clear up front could be read as implying that she was receptive to being hit on by a man. I hope that wasn't the intention, but it could be read that way.

Old March 12 2013, 10:25 PM   #99
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
Lauren needs to bond with someone who appreciates her for her mind. I don't see him as a competition for Bo in the romantic arena... but worse he's competition for Bo in the professional arena.
Sure, I hope that's all it is, but the way the scene was played made it feel like they introduced this character in order to be a romantic rival for Bo. I mean, this is a series where sexuality is always pretty much at the forefront, so it's hard to read something like this as strictly platonic.

And just as a matter of credibility, I'd think that if a man showed interest in her and asked her out to dinner, Lauren would want to make it clear up front that a) she's seeing someone and b) it's a woman, just so he wouldn't get the wrong idea about what to expect. The fact that she didn't make that clear up front could be read as implying that she was receptive to being hit on by a man. I hope that wasn't the intention, but it could be read that way.
Oh, I can see HIM seeing it "that" way (sexually), and I can see BO seeing it "that" way... but I also see Lauren being completely flabbergasted because they see it "that" way. Not just flabbergasted... but disappointed that they are only looking at it in the sexual context. Remember how excited she was when he claimed to have read her scientific papers? Bo might admire her intellect, but can she really understand its depth/breadth?

This was supposed to be a night Lauren wanted her girlfriend to see her as an honored professional in her own right, someone who stood out among the best in her field. Instead she meets another respected scientist who's funny and charming and "thoughtful" enough to bring her the award and reassure her she didn't miss anything. The fact that she's miffed that Bo hasn't called her back and when Bo last called (drunk!) she even dissed the ceremony (and by extension Lauren) made this stranger's attentions even more welcome.

I understand how "this show" is all about sex... but even in this context I can't see someone (Lauren) having to tell the guy inviting her to dinner... "Hey... this is just about dinner, right? I'm not available, and even if I were available I'm not into whatever you're selling." That would be extremely awkward for the guy who might just want to be a science geek for a few hours, especially if he's not interested in Lauren as much as Dyson.
Old March 12 2013, 10:43 PM   #100
Christopher
Writer

^See, I'm not talking about how the characters see it. I'm a writer, so I tend to look at stories more from the perspective of what the writers are thinking, and what techniques and tricks of the trade they're using. The way this scene was written felt to me like the writers were setting up a "protagonist fights with romantic partner and partner is tempted by someone else" storyline. I hope that's not the case, precisely because you're right that it would be out of character for Lauren. But that's the vibe I got, and though I hope it doesn't turn out that way, I'm concerned by the possibility.

Old March 12 2013, 11:00 PM   #101
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ That's certainly how it looked to me.

This episode was totally off the wall. The show seems to be getting more and more mystical in nature, rather than just being about sub-species of Humanity. From the reality effecting Steampunk device to the unnaturally deep pharmacist's bag to the cards falling from the sky. Not that I completely object. I like this sort of thing and, to a degree, it's been there all along. But this struck me like the final episode of The Prisoner did-- totally over the top.

And there was no Kenzie. On the plus side, Tamsin is growing on me more and more. Her face cracks me up.
Old March 13 2013, 12:16 AM   #102
Adm. Maleficent
Vice Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
On the plus side, Tamsin is growing on me more and more. Her face cracks me up.
That's one of the reasons I don't like her. I didn't like looking at that face in Birds of Prey and I still don't like looking at it.

-Tom Clancy
Adm. Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 12:42 AM   #103
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Tamsin is growing on me. The actress didn't make much of an impression on me during BIRDS OF PREY, but she's got a nice snarky attitude on LOST GIRL. Plus, I've always liked Valkyries--which I blame on too reading too many issues of THE DEFENDERS at an impressionable age!

And, yeah, I was half-hoping that Bo would exercise her succubus feeding privileges there at the end, instead of just letting Tamsin walk away.

"You know, Lauren and I have this arrangment . . . ."
Old March 13 2013, 12:51 AM   #104
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

LoBo is Khund for "He who consumes your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it"

Old March 13 2013, 01:35 AM   #105
JD
Admiral

This one was OK, definitely not one the show's best. I found the whole thing with Bo not going to Lauren's award kind of annoying, and the machine thing was just weird. I did enjoy the stuff with Bo and Tamsin, and I really wish the whole episode was just that. And the lack of Kenzi was definitely a big minus two.
I can definitely see what Christopher is saying about the scientist, although I really hope that wasn't the case. The whole scene was still vague enough that I don't think that is a certainty yet.