Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 12 2013, 12:21 PM   #61
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Breaking News: THE CLONE WARS Has Been Cancelled

Ultimate Spider-Man isn't *bad* but it's pretty superfluous and goofy. I thought SSPM was the closest to the comics, and I really loved the 90s toon back in the day.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 03:08 PM   #62
Tom
Rear Admiral

Yahoo has the story of the cancellation and a new animated series:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/star-wars-c...214242207.html

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 05:05 PM   #63
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Wasn't the idea of this happening tossed around in the wake of the Disney buyout?
I thought I recalled someone floating the idea based on the fact that when Disney bought Marvel that Spectacular Spiderman along with Wolverine&The X-Men were both cancelled.
Something about Disney wanting to take inventory and get things under a general quality control or at least approval process?
While I don't know about Wolverine&The X-Men, but with Spectacular Spiderman according to Greg Weisman Disney and Marvel by extension only own the animation rights to Spider-Man, everything else you need to make more episodes still belong to Sony so unless Sony gets paid to do it they can't do any more episodes of Spectacular Spiderman

Which is different from Clone Wars as Disney bought the studio that makes it not just the rights to Star Wars.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 05:15 PM   #64
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post
Here's a crazy idea though... what if they essentially recreate the Clone Wars but in the OT, by having something like REBEL WARS set in between Episodes 4 and 5? They could fit in a few seasons worth of battles or stories.
Not crazy at all. I'd rank that right up there as a likely guess along with continuing Ahsoka's story, post-Clone Wars, and doing a post-ROTJ series (if needed to keep from stepping on Luke, Leia and Han's movie toes, they could focus on a new set of characters and have the biggies come in for cameo appearances.)
Say, centered around Rogue Squadron...
Old March 12 2013, 09:27 PM   #65
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Tom wrote: View Post
Yahoo has the story of the cancellation and a new animated series:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/star-wars-c...214242207.html
"'Detours' was conceived and produced before we decided to move forward with the new 'Star Wars' trilogy, and in the wake of that decision, Lucasfilm has reconsidered whether launching an animated comedy prior to the launch of Episode VII makes sense," Lucasfilm said Monday. "As a result, we've decided to postpone the release of Detours until a later date."
The 5th of Never, amirite, amirite?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 09:42 PM   #66
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
As intiguing as that premise sounds, I image that they'll go for something a little more kid-friendly.
Bring back the adventures of C3PO and R2D2
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 11:16 PM   #67
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile

I wouldn't mind that too much. Droids from the 1980's doesn't hold up terribly well after more than a quarter-century and all the EU that's been established since about the time period between Episodes III and IV.

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 12:17 AM   #68
JD
Admiral

I wonder if they'll keep any of the behind the scenes people from Clone Wars around for the new series?
Old March 13 2013, 12:26 AM   #69
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

You just knew something like this was going to happen as soon as Bob Iger was involved.

All Bob Iger does is cancel shows that people enjoy.

Other than that he's pretty much useless.
Old March 13 2013, 01:02 AM   #70
Nightowl1701
Captain

If that were true, Phineas and Ferb wouldn't have made it past its' first season.

I don't agree with a lot of what Iger's done either, but the fact is Disney was going down in flames when he took over from Michael Eisner in 2005. He's done a helluva lot since then to correct Eisner's mistakes and put that company back on solid ground. Pixar and Marvel have been very good to Disney, and vice versa (and before you start, Cars 2 was John Lasseter's idea, not Iger's).

Clone Wars only had one more season left in it anyway, and we're getting that (in one form or another). And nobody really wanted to see Detours. I can't really call this a disaster.
Nightowl1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 01:29 AM   #71
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Some people are just angry that Lucas sold SW to Disney in the first place.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 01:36 AM   #72
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile

I'm just trying to keep as open a mind as possible about the Disney takeover. After all, Marvel and its associated films and other multimedia projects have flourished under the Disney umbrella and very few of us would call The Avengers any sort of celluloid disaster.

Disney brings factors to the table that both inspire and concern me. They could knock the new Sequel Trilogy clean out of the ball park and make them the best SW films in more than thirty years, then again they might not. Point is: the buyout just recently happened and the smoke hasn't settled yet. It's a little premature to hit the Red Alert button and predict disaster for the SW franchise when a lot of us are still getting used to saying "Disney now owns Lucasfilm."

I'm profoundly disappointed about the decision to cancel The Clone Wars but for all we know the end of the show might have been in the works before Lucas sold the company. The ratings have been declining for a long time now, the magic 100-episode threshold has been passed and there are the rumors that have circulated for some time now that Season Five might be the last.

I'm just going to take a wait-and-see attitude. It's out of our hands anyways.

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 05:23 AM   #73
Saul
Rear Admiral

Well about 100 episodes was what they planned and they've passed that with more to come. What we get next will wrap up the series which seems good to me. I don't think they could fit that many more adventures into a 3 year gap and season 5 wasn't the best, it seemed to be milkin it a bit too much.

I hope they do the live action set between the prequel and original. I think anything set after the original trilogy would get in the way of 7,8,9. Then again the live action series might get in the way of the standalone movies.
Too much star wars is the problem now.
Old March 13 2013, 01:17 PM   #74
Stephen!
Captain

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
The ratings have been declining for a long time now
Although it seems ratings were considered to be irrelevant, as to whether the show would reach 100 episodes or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...2008_TV_series)

George Lucas has said he would like to make at least 100 episodes, regardless of the ratings, a quest he has fulfilled.
Stephen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 02:07 AM   #75
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

cooleddie74 wrote:
The ratings have been declining for a long time now
One day they'll figure out that moving around a show's time slot can have consequences.